Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

2 hybrids from 1 pet????

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 29, 2013
Here is a question that I have been thinking about for a while now. Can we get more than one hybrid from one pet? for example the hammerhead shark + ice scarab make frostbiter, but could you use the hammerhead shark again with say the imperial lion to make the cat? Decius, I know that this question might be a bit cheeky, but I thought I would ask anyway.....sorry if this question has been answered before, I might have missed it.....

Ensign
May 17, 2014
I guess Pirate101/Kings isle doesn't really care. I don't understand though, why it is a problem.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
silenceplease23 on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
Here is a question that I have been thinking about for a while now. Can we get more than one hybrid from one pet? for example the hammerhead shark + ice scarab make frostbiter, but could you use the hammerhead shark again with say the imperial lion to make the cat? Decius, I know that this question might be a bit cheeky, but I thought I would ask anyway.....sorry if this question has been answered before, I might have missed it.....
That is a great question and would really help to lower the chances of fruitless morphing attempts if we can know that once a hybrid is found, we can then take that pet out of the pool of possibilities.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Even if a pet has made a hybrid before, it can still make the hybrid.
For example lets say my hammerhead made a Frostbiter. If I were to hatch this pet with something else that can make a hybrid, it can still happen.

In theory you can make 100 Grimtooth sharks using only 1 Pet (plus either the same pet used each time or different pets of the game breed of pet)

Ensign
Jun 16, 2013
This is actually a rather good question. No two hybrids we've found so far share a parent pet. I actually haven't even thought of this before, so if it's true, then it could seriously help any "Hybrid Hunters" out there

Silly Sebastian (,,)

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
I really thing there are... Decius said there is like 300 pets out there and it wouldn't make sense if that wasn't the case. Now if only Decius can give better hints...

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Silly Sebastian on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
This is actually a rather good question. No two hybrids we've found so far share a parent pet. I actually haven't even thought of this before, so if it's true, then it could seriously help any "Hybrid Hunters" out there

Silly Sebastian (,,)
I am pretty sure that thresher shark makes both Grimtooth and Tiger shark

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I had a weird occurrence I'm not really sure. Usually I had to morph two frostbiter sharks to get another one but I morphed a frostbiter and a dreamy blue turtle and got another frostbiter. Did anyone else get the hybrid from not using a parent?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Rachel Dreamsong on Jul 5, 2014 wrote:
No the Grimtooth is out of a Not So Great White Shark and the Tiger is out of a Thresher.

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
No, only the Not so Great White makes the Grimtooth. Decius did say, although they may look the same, their not the same.

Ensign
Jun 16, 2013
no, Thresher shark is used for the Tiger Shark, but the Grimtooth Reaper uses the Not So Great White Shark

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
XD sorry guys, kinda forgot that for a moment.

Ensign
Jul 29, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
This is entirely possible.
Thanx for the reply. I will have to put on my Shelock Bones hat and start deducing....

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
OH just great, more variables. Lol Thanks Decius for letting us know so that we don't inadvertently miss a combination.
Um.....If we get off track and miss something in our excitement, you WILL nudge us back in the right path, won't you?

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
Thanks Decius. I kind of figured that considering that you said there is like a whole bunch of pets.