For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

September 2019 Newsletter

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Pirate101's birthday is just a month away! Check out Septembarrr's fresh-off-the-press newsletter and see what Pirates are talking about this month:

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/newsletter/september2019

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10611
"What will ye be crafting to celebrate next month?"
Is this a hint or cruel jab in the eye? We don't have crafting ( yet ) so does this mean anything?

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
729
anecorbie on Sep 12, 2019 wrote:
"What will ye be crafting to celebrate next month?"
Is this a hint or cruel jab in the eye? We don't have crafting ( yet ) so does this mean anything?
I noticed that too last night but you beat me to posting about it. I hope it is a hint, but that probably would mean no new world, but hey crafting has been the second most requested addition! Pirate101 has had its past yearly updates in September and October so maybe the update is next month (October 2019) and the main thing in it will be crafting.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1221
anecorbie on Sep 12, 2019 wrote:
"What will ye be crafting to celebrate next month?"
Is this a hint or cruel jab in the eye? We don't have crafting ( yet ) so does this mean anything?
Cruel jab in the eye. They changed it back to "doing".

Sigh.

Sinbad should have been our pack.....

But maybe they'll surprise us and give us something new for our birthday month?

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
133
How about Ki to put all the PVP weapons on the weapon vendor for purchase with scrip 24x7? those are already in game so its not new content. Its unfair they are never buyable and just were taken off the vendor for no reason.

Avery's lore pack? easy money grab for you all there put in a couple companions that are in game but unplayable. Uncle Bob , Blind Mew, miracle mitch etc.

will this happen? doubtful

Administrator
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Sep 13, 2019 wrote:
Cruel jab in the eye. They changed it back to "doing".

Sigh.

Sinbad should have been our pack.....

But maybe they'll surprise us and give us something new for our birthday month?
We didn't realize it was going to cause confusion, so we changed it to a safer word. Typically you can use "crafting" for multiple reasons of course, but I can see the confusion that results in this case. Sorry about that!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10611
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Sep 13, 2019 wrote:
Cruel jab in the eye. They changed it back to "doing".

Sigh.

Sinbad should have been our pack.....

But maybe they'll surprise us and give us something new for our birthday month?
Any pack released in W101 ( atm ) is taking away a pack from P101...
A very poor choice of words ( from "clueless" ) writers. This gave a me minute's worth of hope that it was a hint.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10611
Bat Masterson on Sep 13, 2019 wrote:
We didn't realize it was going to cause confusion, so we changed it to a safer word. Typically you can use "crafting" for multiple reasons of course, but I can see the confusion that results in this case. Sorry about that!
What will I be doing to celebrate next month? Nothing, because nothing is being added.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10611
Bat Masterson on Sep 13, 2019 wrote:
We didn't realize it was going to cause confusion, so we changed it to a safer word. Typically you can use "crafting" for multiple reasons of course, but I can see the confusion that results in this case. Sorry about that!
I beg to differ, Bat. Crafting generally means the act of creating something with your hands, using materials. And while you can be "crafty" ( as in cunning ) and be "crafting" a plot against someone, there aren't "multiple reasons" for using this word instead of doing. Nope, you get a D on your vocabulary test.

There is a reason why KI decided to use the term in W101.

Administrator
anecorbie on Sep 14, 2019 wrote:
I beg to differ, Bat. Crafting generally means the act of creating something with your hands, using materials. And while you can be "crafty" ( as in cunning ) and be "crafting" a plot against someone, there aren't "multiple reasons" for using this word instead of doing. Nope, you get a D on your vocabulary test.

There is a reason why KI decided to use the term in W101.
Great points, I agreed and concede that we could have kept the term :).