Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Please Welcome "Bat Masterson" to KingsIsle

2
AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1416
When Bat said he wants to hear our stories, that made me wonder if we can tell the role play stories here again. What I mean by that is, someone starts a Pirate story, usually set here in the pirate part of the Spiral, which is then added to by other pirates here on the forums. It's a kind of "continue the story" format. We had some good ones going before One-eyed Jack got too busy. Maybe Bat can check them out and see, before he decides, and talk to One-eyed Jack.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1416
About the role play stories, when One-eyed Jack put a stop to them, he said it was probably going to be temporary.

Administrator
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!! I'm truly so happy to be here, and it's even more exciting when I see such great community members in these forums being so active. Go Pirates, yar!!! :)

"As a returning player to Pirate, I'm more than interested in hearing your take on the spiral from the Pirate side. "

For all these questions, I hope to answer many of them on tomorrow's KI Live, and after that of course. Hope you all can watch the show!

"And Bat Masterson, I was just inspired with a great idea to create a fansite with tons of awesome features, but I am confused by the file you gave us for creating fansites. Could you help me out?"

Excellent! Happy to help lift new fansites off the ground. Let me know what you have in mind by emailing to community@wizard101.com.

"@Bat Masterson... I'm sorry... How do I send you an email.. X.X"

No worries! Thanks Vanessa for the email link!

So, a question for all of you... what makes your pirate life in Pirate101 so adventerous? What excites you about the game?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1774
I enjoy sailing my ship through the skyways, and fighting other ships. I think the storyline is very engaging, and having a crew along for the adventure makes it slightly different all the time.


Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9371
Bat Masterson on Jul 25, 2018 wrote:
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!! I'm truly so happy to be here, and it's even more exciting when I see such great community members in these forums being so active. Go Pirates, yar!!! :)

"As a returning player to Pirate, I'm more than interested in hearing your take on the spiral from the Pirate side. "

For all these questions, I hope to answer many of them on tomorrow's KI Live, and after that of course. Hope you all can watch the show!

"And Bat Masterson, I was just inspired with a great idea to create a fansite with tons of awesome features, but I am confused by the file you gave us for creating fansites. Could you help me out?"

Excellent! Happy to help lift new fansites off the ground. Let me know what you have in mind by emailing to community@wizard101.com.

"@Bat Masterson... I'm sorry... How do I send you an email.. X.X"

No worries! Thanks Vanessa for the email link!

So, a question for all of you... what makes your pirate life in Pirate101 so adventerous? What excites you about the game?
There're so many things that makes this game exciting ( & imo, superior to W101, sorry ) Here are my top 3 reasons:

1. The great story and the fact of how our selections in character creation affects story line and game play. This keeps the game fresh for extra play throughs.

2. Companions ( 'nuff said! )
3. Over-all quality of graphics and sound design is top rate.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9371
I was reviewing some old posts in the Spar Chamber and I have a question - Will the Witchdoctor's Charm power ever be reinstated in Ranked PVP? Or possibly Charm by pets & the Masque of the Lotus?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1405
Calamity Finch on Jul 25, 2018 wrote:
When Bat said he wants to hear our stories, that made me wonder if we can tell the role play stories here again. What I mean by that is, someone starts a Pirate story, usually set here in the pirate part of the Spiral, which is then added to by other pirates here on the forums. It's a kind of "continue the story" format. We had some good ones going before One-eyed Jack got too busy. Maybe Bat can check them out and see, before he decides, and talk to One-eyed Jack.
Ooh, yay. That would be great. I've read you guys' old role plays, and I am actually a role player on Pirate101 Central and a few other places, so I was always wanting to join in, but sadly I have never gotten that chance.

I am curious to see what their answer will be.

Ensign
Sep 29, 2012
1
Welcome Bat Masterson!

There are so many things I love about this game... certainly too many to list. Companions are the BEST! I love that some get their own backstory and how involved they are in our pirate's storyline. Companions make me feel like I have friends to lean on.
The way we battle is so realistic and unpredictable; it's way different than the monotonous W101 battles. It's these two main features that really hooked me on the game.

Puppet shows are another favorite of mine. They're funny, informative and an all-around delight.

What really makes my experience an adventure is the fact that my brother plays alongside me. If P101 wasn't multiplayer, it wouldn't be near as much fun.

Here's a question for you: will fishing ever be introduced to P101? There has been discussion on this before but I wanted to bring it back up.

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
308
Bat Masterson on Jul 20, 2018 wrote:
Avast ye Pirates and Wizards!

As One-Eyed Jack kindly introduced, my newly minted pirate name is Bat Masterson. You may have heard of me before, but please do ask your questions if you want to know more about my presence in-game. I also am the proud and quite logical (but still very fun to hang around!) Sparck in Wizard101. Being part of and a leader of game communities for many years now, I'm super excited and proud to be the new community manager for all of KingsIsle’s games!

I am thrilled to see community members across The Spiral and beyond connect with the KingsIsle team through the forums, livestreams, and in-game events. We’re going to be continuing to interact with you in these areas by celebrating Wizard101’s 10th Anniversary with even more exciting content and activities. Let’s work together to make it a fun adventure for all!

When it comes to being part of a new community, I’m absolutely all in – watching your skilled gameplay videos, reading your rich stories, diving into the forums and in-game, and seeing the unique screenshots and fan art you develop. There’s always something to look forward to and amazing to look back on with a community that’s prospered and grown for 10 years. Think of me as a supporter of your adventures where I’ll be there to help build the kind of community you want to see, just like how Dworgyn’s been with you.

In the meantime, let me know what the community team can do to help ensure you have a safe and fun gameplay experience for your favorite KingsIsle game. I also want to hear from all of you what your stories are for the game’s you play, especially if it’s something we can share with the rest of the community. This is what I’m here for!

Please do ask your questions here about myself and future plans for our community. Also, once we announce the next KI Live, you'll get another chance to ask questions then too, which I will respond to on the livestream. I can't wait to get to know all of you!

See you out there in the community! Yar!!
Welcome to the community manderson glad to have you

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1405
Lucky Duck on Jul 26, 2018 wrote:
Welcome Bat Masterson!

There are so many things I love about this game... certainly too many to list. Companions are the BEST! I love that some get their own backstory and how involved they are in our pirate's storyline. Companions make me feel like I have friends to lean on.
The way we battle is so realistic and unpredictable; it's way different than the monotonous W101 battles. It's these two main features that really hooked me on the game.

Puppet shows are another favorite of mine. They're funny, informative and an all-around delight.

What really makes my experience an adventure is the fact that my brother plays alongside me. If P101 wasn't multiplayer, it wouldn't be near as much fun.

Here's a question for you: will fishing ever be introduced to P101? There has been discussion on this before but I wanted to bring it back up.
Welcome to the forums, Lucky Duck! Great to see you on here and Central!

Petty Officer
Jul 10, 2011
88
What makes my pirate life so adventurous is the "infinite supply" of quests! Not only do they give me something to do, but it's actually funny and most of the quests actually teach you more about the game!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1405
death master101 on Jul 27, 2018 wrote:
What makes my pirate life so adventurous is the "infinite supply" of quests! Not only do they give me something to do, but it's actually funny and most of the quests actually teach you more about the game!
Hehe! I wonder, has anyone ever finished every Quest on Pirate101?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1774
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jul 28, 2018 wrote:
Hehe! I wonder, has anyone ever finished every Quest on Pirate101?
I have four pirates that have finished EVERY quest... soon to be five pirates.



I just watched the KI Live video and would like to say that our new CM made a very favorable impression. I felt a sort of kinship with him, as I also played a Life wizard as my first character, and a witchdoctor as my first pirate.


Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1405
Willowydream on Jul 31, 2018 wrote:
I have four pirates that have finished EVERY quest... soon to be five pirates.



I just watched the KI Live video and would like to say that our new CM made a very favorable impression. I felt a sort of kinship with him, as I also played a Life wizard as my first character, and a witchdoctor as my first pirate.

Oh my. That requires some dedication.

Ensign
Jun 24, 2013
33
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jul 28, 2018 wrote:
Hehe! I wonder, has anyone ever finished every Quest on Pirate101?
I have on my swashbuckler and witchdoctor.
Ruthless Noah Underwood lvl 70
Ambitious Noah Blake lvl 70

Ensign
Oct 28, 2017
10
I know I am kinda late, but just wanna say welcome and I am happy to see the work you're doing, Bat. To me, you're doing an amazing job, I feel like you're the type of person we needed in the Pirate community :D
Thanks!

Captain
Jan 17, 2013
732
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 20, 2018 wrote:
Yarr Pirates!

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce you to our newest Message Board Administrator and new Community Manager, “Bat Masterson!” Masterson will be magnificently leading here on the Pirate101.com Message Boards and assisting you with all your Community Management needs. Also, feel free to ask him questions in this post, and he may answer them on air during this month’s KI Live! He’ll be our special guest this coming Thursday, July 26, 2018 at 4pm US Central. https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/livestream_event

You’ll be seeing Masterson a lot more around our official Message Boards and also throughout all of KingsIsle’s official channels. He brings with him a lot of great experience from working with other videogame companies and has been busily leveling up a new wizard and experiencing all the Spiral has to offer.

As for me, don’t worry! I’m not leaving KingsIsle – in fact, KingsIsle has offered me an amazing opportunity to become a full-time Game Designer for our newest Mobile Game, Animal Cove! Ever since I was a “fledgling pirate,” I’ve been crafting puzzles and games for my friends, and now my passion gets to become my new reality. Even better, I still get to work at the company I’ve loved and appreciated for almost ten years! I certainly hope you enjoy all our upcoming Mobile games. I think you’re going to love them.

Please know that I’ll still be visiting the forums as One-Eyed Jack from time to time when needed (and obviously still playing my favorite MMOs, Pirate101 and Wizard101), but Masterson is taking the helm now, and I’m more than happy to help him as he learns more about our game and community.

You’ll be hearing more about this on KI Live, so let’s get on with the Introductions!
Congrats, One eyed jack! You are gonna do some great stuff!

Captain
Jan 17, 2013
732
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 20, 2018 wrote:
I am happy you are happy with this Jack. You have been OUR One Eyed Jack for SO long. x Stomps foot x So sad to see you fade from our hug range but thrilled it is what you want. Bat has some HUGE shoes to fill (Granted, bats DO have MUCH smaller feet than bunnies do) but I welcome him with open Chrissy hugs and can't wait to get to know him.

Welcome Bat and I can't wait to see the shenanigans a flying leader will get us into.
Glad to see you are still around Chrissy!

Captain
Jan 17, 2013
732
Bat Masterson on Jul 20, 2018 wrote:
Avast ye Pirates and Wizards!

As One-Eyed Jack kindly introduced, my newly minted pirate name is Bat Masterson. You may have heard of me before, but please do ask your questions if you want to know more about my presence in-game. I also am the proud and quite logical (but still very fun to hang around!) Sparck in Wizard101. Being part of and a leader of game communities for many years now, I'm super excited and proud to be the new community manager for all of KingsIsle’s games!

I am thrilled to see community members across The Spiral and beyond connect with the KingsIsle team through the forums, livestreams, and in-game events. We’re going to be continuing to interact with you in these areas by celebrating Wizard101’s 10th Anniversary with even more exciting content and activities. Let’s work together to make it a fun adventure for all!

When it comes to being part of a new community, I’m absolutely all in – watching your skilled gameplay videos, reading your rich stories, diving into the forums and in-game, and seeing the unique screenshots and fan art you develop. There’s always something to look forward to and amazing to look back on with a community that’s prospered and grown for 10 years. Think of me as a supporter of your adventures where I’ll be there to help build the kind of community you want to see, just like how Dworgyn’s been with you.

In the meantime, let me know what the community team can do to help ensure you have a safe and fun gameplay experience for your favorite KingsIsle game. I also want to hear from all of you what your stories are for the game’s you play, especially if it’s something we can share with the rest of the community. This is what I’m here for!

Please do ask your questions here about myself and future plans for our community. Also, once we announce the next KI Live, you'll get another chance to ask questions then too, which I will respond to on the livestream. I can't wait to get to know all of you!

See you out there in the community! Yar!!
Welcome aboard sir!

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
101
(sorry for the late reply!)

MANDERSON!!!

Welcome to the crew, Bat. We're glad you are here. I look forward to setting sail once more on a new adventure with a new captain taking the helm.

Don't tell anyone, but we're actually pretty nice pirates! Har har!

Cedric Moone

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2037
Bat Masterson on Jul 20, 2018 wrote:
Avast ye Pirates and Wizards!

As One-Eyed Jack kindly introduced, my newly minted pirate name is Bat Masterson. You may have heard of me before, but please do ask your questions if you want to know more about my presence in-game. I also am the proud and quite logical (but still very fun to hang around!) Sparck in Wizard101. Being part of and a leader of game communities for many years now, I'm super excited and proud to be the new community manager for all of KingsIsle’s games!

I am thrilled to see community members across The Spiral and beyond connect with the KingsIsle team through the forums, livestreams, and in-game events. We’re going to be continuing to interact with you in these areas by celebrating Wizard101’s 10th Anniversary with even more exciting content and activities. Let’s work together to make it a fun adventure for all!

When it comes to being part of a new community, I’m absolutely all in – watching your skilled gameplay videos, reading your rich stories, diving into the forums and in-game, and seeing the unique screenshots and fan art you develop. There’s always something to look forward to and amazing to look back on with a community that’s prospered and grown for 10 years. Think of me as a supporter of your adventures where I’ll be there to help build the kind of community you want to see, just like how Dworgyn’s been with you.

In the meantime, let me know what the community team can do to help ensure you have a safe and fun gameplay experience for your favorite KingsIsle game. I also want to hear from all of you what your stories are for the game’s you play, especially if it’s something we can share with the rest of the community. This is what I’m here for!

Please do ask your questions here about myself and future plans for our community. Also, once we announce the next KI Live, you'll get another chance to ask questions then too, which I will respond to on the livestream. I can't wait to get to know all of you!

See you out there in the community! Yar!!
Sorry for this being so late, but, welcome aboard, Bat Masterson! I am honored to have you around the boards. While I congratulate One-Eyed Jack on accepting his newest opportunity, I'll surely remember the many times Jack's been here on the boards. Sure, he may pop up time to time, but I wish him lotsa luck with his new endeavor in KI.

Welcome aboard once again, Masterson! I look forward to our many good times with you!

P.S., shouldn't you have your own signature? Just noticing, as Jack has his own.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1311
Greetings, Bat.

-Indigo Ring

Ensign
Mar 23, 2013
2
boachbeard boundle please send them back again

Ensign
Mar 23, 2013
2
Please help me My conqueroo's outfit got lost by unstitching Eloise Merry Weather before I unstitch by outfit I was with player named (Crazy Carlos Nesbit) In battle pvp in barling hall he defeat me that I go to Eloise merry Weather and unsitch out with her I lost my Conqueroo's out from voodoo boundle for proof I have my Conqueroo's which I have not unstich after I notice what happend to my outfit I bought that conqueroo's outfit with crowns and boundle pleae Kinglisile help me please somehack it my account and took it from me how could some one do that I could not understand Please help me!
October 19 2018. event.

Edward Teach.
Sincerely.

Petty Officer
Sep 15, 2018
52
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 20, 2018 wrote:
Yarr Pirates!

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce you to our newest Message Board Administrator and new Community Manager, “Bat Masterson!” Masterson will be magnificently leading here on the Pirate101.com Message Boards and assisting you with all your Community Management needs. Also, feel free to ask him questions in this post, and he may answer them on air during this month’s KI Live! He’ll be our special guest this coming Thursday, July 26, 2018 at 4pm US Central. https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/livestream_event

You’ll be seeing Masterson a lot more around our official Message Boards and also throughout all of KingsIsle’s official channels. He brings with him a lot of great experience from working with other videogame companies and has been busily leveling up a new wizard and experiencing all the Spiral has to offer.

As for me, don’t worry! I’m not leaving KingsIsle – in fact, KingsIsle has offered me an amazing opportunity to become a full-time Game Designer for our newest Mobile Game, Animal Cove! Ever since I was a “fledgling pirate,” I’ve been crafting puzzles and games for my friends, and now my passion gets to become my new reality. Even better, I still get to work at the company I’ve loved and appreciated for almost ten years! I certainly hope you enjoy all our upcoming Mobile games. I think you’re going to love them.

Please know that I’ll still be visiting the forums as One-Eyed Jack from time to time when needed (and obviously still playing my favorite MMOs, Pirate101 and Wizard101), but Masterson is taking the helm now, and I’m more than happy to help him as he learns more about our game and community.

You’ll be hearing more about this on KI Live, so let’s get on with the Introductions!
I just saw this post. . I'm sobbing quit hard now. Goodbye Jack.
I hope we meet again.

2