More information about the upcoming update

AuthorMessage
Bosun
May 06, 2009
Hello!

I wanted to say that I really appreciate the Kingsisle gang taking the time to "douse our burning hair" (players during the Marleybone&Aquila update should remember that one). I think it helps things not get overly excited so many thanks there

I also had a few questions I wanted to ask:

1.) Will the Mark and Recall feature replace the Skull Island Teleport option or is just an additional feature along with the Skull Island Teleport? I find it very convenient to just teleport to Skull Island to get my next power and not have to deal with spending over 10 minutes (if you were coming from a place far from Skull Island) just to get it.

2.) Is the Skull Island Expansion going to completely replace the Manny, Moe, and Jack quest for newer players or is it more of a massive insert? I kinda hope it's more of an insert and after going through all the new quests you'd come back to the Three Rats quest and continue on with the story. I'm having a hard time seeing how such an expansion will tie into us finding Ratbeard after the Kraken Skulls.

3.) Are the Pet Game/Missions like revisitable Pet Quests that give more experience than what we've seen in Wizard? It's apparent from the article that the days of Pet Mini-Games will stay out of Pirate101, but we will be doing something different. Ratbeard mentioned that he got his Level 12 Witchdoctor's Pet up to Level 30 (Adult) without all the need of those Mega Snacks in Wizard.

4.) The article mentioned world themed missions for Pets to do such as Hay Bailing in Cool Ranch, however Circus Maximus doesn't look like it has a Cool Ranch-themed stand in the panorama and a Monquistan flag can be seen but again no Monquistan themed game. Did such games not render well in the panorama?

5.) Class Pets?

Thanks!

Ensign
Jun 12, 2013
Hey jack I got a question I've been anxiuos to know and that is should we expect a new world sometime soon if so please give us a hint

from crazy roslyn silver 61

Developer
pirate101kid2264 on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
jack I have a the new treasure box how many people dose it take to open it
Right now we have chests with either 2- or 4- locks.

You need 2 people to open a chest with 2 locks and 4 people to open a chest with 4 locks.

4-lock chests are pretty rare but... you know... 4x the loot! Pretty sweet.

Ensign
Feb 03, 2010
I have a question about the locked chests -

Where does their loot come from? Is it loot from the enemies you just fought, or is it from any enemy within your level/area?
Also, you said 4x the loot. Is this the rarity of loot or the amount, or both?

Ensign
Mar 15, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
Sorry, lol the geniuses at KingsIsle are masters at keeping secrets and it is for our benefit that they do. There is nothing I would do to try to undermine such integrity.
Although I do sympathise with your impatience, you are just going to have to settle down a bit and enjoy all the secrets they have just revealed to us. We mustn't get ungrateful.
Chrissy you might not know and I think it was in my post but I have been waiting a year and a few months for book15 I can get impatiant believe me you wont like me when I am impatiant.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
dark andrew sharp on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:
Chrissy you might not know and I think it was in my post but I have been waiting a year and a few months for book15 I can get impatiant believe me you wont like me when I am impatiant.
Marleybone and Aquila release notes are in the May 2013 Update Notes so I think your timing is a bit off. Seriously this in not an unreasonable amount of time. One-Eyed Jack told us that the time span from Wizards Dragonspyre to Celestia was 22 months and it hasn't even been 12 yet. Let's cut them a little slack, OK?

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
dark andrew sharp on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:
Nova Aquila was not built in a day. Believe me, i am just as desperate for book 15 as you are, but look at the last update. KI knows what they are doing. besides, like chrissy says, it has not yet been a full year. i would suggest you make a new, low level pirate on a different class, or wait for the spring update and go crazy with advanced companions and pets. really, you will have more fun if you think positively.

Ensign
Mar 15, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
Marleybone and Aquila release notes are in the May 2013 Update Notes so I think your timing is a bit off. Seriously this in not an unreasonable amount of time. One-Eyed Jack told us that the time span from Wizards Dragonspyre to Celestia was 22 months and it hasn't even been 12 yet. Let's cut them a little slack, OK?
2 things 1 I said I am impatiant. And 2 I think Kingsisle spends to much time focusing on making new worlds for Wizard101 than on Pirate101 I mean really Wizard101 has more worlds than Pirate101

Ensign
Mar 15, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
Also I am level 65,comlpeted all the chapters and it is getting boring just waiting for me to continue my adventure

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
dark andrew sharp on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
2 things 1 I said I am impatiant. And 2 I think Kingsisle spends to much time focusing on making new worlds for Wizard101 than on Pirate101 I mean really Wizard101 has more worlds than Pirate101
Well of course Wizard is bigger, it has been around for 5 years. That kind of growth takes time. 5 years is a lot of time to develop things in. They have two separate teams for the games and are not playing favorites. If anything the Wizard side has helped Pirates tremendously by sharing resources and unused artwork so that everything does not have to be created from scratch. This kind of time is very normal for game development. I played Wizard since Mooshu was the highest world and I remember the waits. This is not unusual. There are steps that must be taken in development and testing that does not have shortcuts. They must do their job right of they are going to present us with a quality product. This waiting time is an investment it the game. Once these updates are up and running it will give you something new to do to occupy you a bit. Helping out other pirates while you rake in the gold does not sound like a bad way to spend your time.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Also I am level 65,comlpeted all the chapters and it is getting boring just waiting for me to continue my adventure
Sounds like it is a fine time to experience the other classes.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
You do realize Wizard101 is 5 years old and Pirate101 is close to 1 1/2, right? Wizard101 has been around long enough to accumulate the number of worlds it has. Pirate101 is still young and is taking the same slow route Wizard101 did. We still don't have tons of features they have yet like Ranked PvP, Ship PvP, Crafting, Lock Items, Team Up, Dungeon Recall, side activities (Gardening), side dungeons, etc. KI is still working out all the scheduling and timing on how to adequately give both games enough attention.

I can understand that your impatient, but you'll have to pull through and wait until more expansions come. I'm confident Book 15 will come within this year. When? That would be telling, but when it does happen, I'm sure it will be very worth it.

Ensign
Nov 28, 2008
Hello. This is kindly ryan jackson, me pirate name and I was wondering when the updates are coming to the live realm. Also, when does the test realm opens for pirate101. Thank you.

Bosun
May 01, 2012
From what I have seen previously, P101 and W101 have separate design teams which means that what happens for W101 design and implementation does not affect P101 design and implementation.

Bosun
May 01, 2012
Kindly Ryan Jackso... on Apr 6, 2014 wrote:
Hello. This is kindly ryan jackson, me pirate name and I was wondering when the updates are coming to the live realm. Also, when does the test realm opens for pirate101. Thank you.
When you sign into www.pirate101.com, there will be a message on a red Flag (usually in the upper right corner, I think) saying that the Test Realm is open or available.

Ensign
Mar 15, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Apr 6, 2014 wrote:
Well of course Wizard is bigger, it has been around for 5 years. That kind of growth takes time. 5 years is a lot of time to develop things in. They have two separate teams for the games and are not playing favorites. If anything the Wizard side has helped Pirates tremendously by sharing resources and unused artwork so that everything does not have to be created from scratch. This kind of time is very normal for game development. I played Wizard since Mooshu was the highest world and I remember the waits. This is not unusual. There are steps that must be taken in development and testing that does not have shortcuts. They must do their job right of they are going to present us with a quality product. This waiting time is an investment it the game. Once these updates are up and running it will give you something new to do to occupy you a bit. Helping out other pirates while you rake in the gold does not sound like a bad way to spend your time.
Well I used to play Wizard101 but for some reason it wont let me play it.Anyway I am pretty sure Wizard101 is not 5 years old and if it takes time to make new worlds how come it looks like Wizard101 has more worlds than Pirate101

Ensign
Mar 15, 2012
Ok I admit it I think I have actually been waiting half a year and a few months for Book15.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
dark andrew sharp on Apr 7, 2014 wrote:
Well I used to play Wizard101 but for some reason it wont let me play it.Anyway I am pretty sure Wizard101 is not 5 years old and if it takes time to make new worlds how come it looks like Wizard101 has more worlds than Pirate101
Sorry to be so correcting but Wizard just celebrated it's 5th birthday In Sept of last year. I guess time just flies when you are having so much gaming fun. Pirate Celebrated it's first birthday October 16th and as I said, it takes time for growth.

Ensign
Aug 02, 2011
I have a possible suggestion for those who have all six character slots filled. Why not possibly make one more slot available? Maybe for crowns? I personally only want one character of each class so I won't have six characters.

Seth Strong

Ensign
Mar 15, 2012
You know you guys are right I think I should be patiant for Book15 it might even come next month(I hope)

Dark Andrew Sharp level 65 musketeer

Petty Officer
Oct 24, 2012
dark andrew sharp on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
I say we make Kingsisle tell us how far they have goten with making book 15.Yar me if you agree.
Well there's your answer: 0 Yars on your comment. It will be ready when it's ready; good things are worth waiting for, so just be patient for a little longer and it will be along soon.