Story Thread 3: The Search for Plot

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
114
Hey Blind Mew! Long time no chat! I've got a couple of inquiries if you don't mind...

1. From the teasers, it seems like you guys have fashioned a lot of side content - is this intentional at this stage? Or is the lack of teasers for main content a hint to the future...?
2. I believe you answered this, but just to satisfy my own personal curiosity - is Marleybone in a permanent state of night? It seems to me we stayed way too long in Marleybone for daylight NOT to hit. I mean, the time it took to save the Isle of Fetch and destroy Beachhead must have taken at least a night...right? If it is, it seems highly appropriate for this world, and it would definitely add to Marleybone's flavor.
3. Where is Earth in the grand scheme of things? Or are we operating from the standpoint that this is a no-Earth ever existed universe, i.e. The Spiral? I imagine a Marleyboneian general might be surprised by the state of royal pets in England....
4. Where do you think the humans are from? They seem too widespread for them NOT to originate somewhere...
5. Can we expect The Professor from Wizard101 to make a guest appearance? As a fellow Doctor Who fan (classic as well as new - yeah, I'm kind of an old soul), this would be mighty appropriate in certain spots (high-fantasy worlds like Aquila spring to mind, or the Aztecosaur ruins).
6. Can we expect classic horror characters to appear if we ever go to Darkmoor? I expected someone like the Wereman and his storyline (I loved that quest!) to originate there - oh wait, it did! So, can we expect the likes of Dracula and Dorian Gray?
7. When writing Pirate101, how far did you want our pirates to steep into the fantastical (e.g. Aquila, the Witchdoctors, the Haunted Skyway)? Do you think we might step into fantasy heavy stuff like Aquila soon?
8. Where did the Otters and Frogs originate from? Are they from their own respective Skyways like the foxes?
9. Do you keep a massive tome of Pirate101 lore? If so, where can I steal it?

Ensign
Dec 22, 2010
21
Hello blind mew! i'm a newcomer to this forum and i want to see all of the latest story hints you will put out for us! i have a couple of questions.

1. will the coven have anything to do with erika the red and her map piece?

2. will you be working on a legend of zelda themed world, or anything related to that? i'm really fond of the legend of zelda games.

3. i always thought the crabs like louis lebisque (sry if i mispelled) were from celestia. why are they inhabited from valencia? are they distant travelers, immigrants, any treasure hunters of some sort? maybe help the guinea pigs and unicorns in any unmentioned war? this always bugs me.

4. would y'all mix dragons and humans into one world, like how to train your dragon? like mix dragonspyre and wherever humans REALLY came from in the Spiral?

5. Could u tell me more about what the worlds Empyrea and Yago look like? I always think Yago would look a lot like dragonspyre and empyrea like wysteria.

6. i always wondered wt old scratchy looked like before he became this: . Could you name me one person throughout the whole game or even wizard of what he would've looked similar to?

7. this would be a "i would be telling" or a "i dont talk schedule" question, but i think wizard's khrysalis part 2 and pirate's upcoming book 15 (or bookS 15-16 or 17) should be released on the same day. Have y'all been planning this for a while now?

8. Warrior101, Detective101, Knight101, hmmm.....

9. This one isnt technically a question (and 8 isnt either) but please give me a world that involves sailing on water, just one! (celestia perhaps? or even an aquila area of atlantea?)

Ensign
Dec 22, 2010
21
Hello, blind mew! i am a newcomer to this forum (not the game) and i have been reading these story threads a lot! I will be posting some questions from time to time so look for questions from me please! I have a couple right here for ye:

1. Can you name me one person from this game or even wizard101 that old scratch might've looked like when he was a human?

2. Will we be sailing on water anytime soon? like in celestia perhaps? or atlantea in aquila?

3. Previously, you said that we wont be destroying all of the elites before we finish the el dorado story arc. Got anymore info on that?

4. This always bugged me: I always thought the crabs (like louis lebisque) were from celestia. why valencia? are they immigrants, distant travelers, treasure hunters, etc.?

5. Will we be going through a dungeon that we will be sailing through? (not talking about vortexs)

6. How many worlds will we be visiting in book 18?

7. How many more NEW worlds will we be visiting before we get to el dorado?

Fishy Devesh Higgins: Level 52 Buccaneer - My Firstmate: The King of MONKEYS!

8. o ya. are y'all thinking about doing a legend of zelda themed world or even a how to train your dragon themed world? Thnx!

Ensign
Aug 09, 2013
20
I haven't played this game since summer for some reason. But I have a few questions.

1: The two skyways in Valencia are they Catalonia Skyway and Navarra Skyway, am I at least close?

2: Will we ever visit Khrysalis, Mirage, Yago, or any other worlds like those?

3: Why are there so many ship quests in Cool Ranch? If you're like me and you never attack ships then it's like hours of grinding on your level ships so you can at least stand a chance!

4: I've been looking at maps of Mooshu and Monquista and noticed 1 skyway in Hamamitsu that seemed to lead into the Mt. Fuji (which is flipped in Subata's map in contrast to Khotan), 1 in Subata and 1 in Khotan that both go North, and 2 in MQ, will we visit these in the El Dorado storyline or in the after story?

5: Speaking of Mooshu skyways, why in Hamamitsu is there a green windlane (I think) that turns intoa pink one when it leaves into Subata?

6: Is this game based roughly in the Golden Age of Piracy?

7: If it is, then why do we visit Japan, Greece, and Utah? If I recall they have nothing to do with Pirates around this time.

8: Will we ever visit the Dragonspyre mainland? We've been to the skyway and there must be some other skyways near the mainland, so will we ever visit those?

9: If Mooshu is a Turtle then how do the stormgates work, they must have to go through the turtle or something?

That's it, I hope these make you think

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
1893
Blind Mew on Jan 21, 2014 wrote:
The other posters answer this question right on the nose - tematically, needing travel papers to go to Cool Ranch doesn't make much sense. Remember, just because we usually handle something (world travel, in this case) a certain way most of the time, that doesn't require us to do it that way every time. Consider Cool Ranch: there's no centralized authority on the other side to secure or regulate the Stormgate the way there is just about everywhere else - the Rangers come close, but they aren't much of a factor in Cooper's Roost. And as for the Skull Island side, what power is there? Flotsam doesn't even seem to have a mayor!

Somebody brought up the Armada in Cool Ranch - bear in mind that Deacon was operating on his own there, hunting the PC and stirring up in little trouble in Santo Pollo. There's no Armada base in Skull Island the way there is in other places - there's not way they could hope to secure that Stormgate.
You're quite right. Well, I was baffled, but I guess that clears it up.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
1893
Blind Mew, in similarity to Cyrus using his Red Correcting Pen to correct dialogue spelling mistakes in Wizard101, who would be using a similar Red Correcting Pen to correct Pirate101's dialogue spelling mistakes? It would be good for those who have a great eye for detail and insist on correcting grammar mistakes. If it would be the Majordomo, I would suggest him, but, if anyone else has other suggestions, please ask away.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
262
Hi blind mew. I have a few questions: I was wondering do we ever fight phule? and Do we ever meet the final member of Kane's inner court that we haven't seen yet the one people are calling queen? and Will there be new weapons in the skull island bazaar for higher levels once the new update comes out?
Also i think it would be interesting if each class got a different companion of Kane's inner court after they fight him in the new update or we get an armada musketeer or marine or fusilier for all classes.

- Faithful Tatiana Jackson level 63 Witch Doctor

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
102
I have single question. No need to go into detail, but is the upcoming content main or side content, or a mix of both?

Ensign
Dec 22, 2010
21
ignore the second list of questions mew! please answer the first!

Ensign
Aug 13, 2010
4
Blind Mew on Jan 21, 2014 wrote:
1) It's always easier (and faster) to make the skies of a world uniform - ensuring that color palettes look good in different lighting can take a little effort. In the cast of Cool Ranch, there are so many Books set there we decided that a variant Skyway would be necessary just to break up the potential monotony of the orange scenery. If the story demanded it and the budget allowed, I'd be happy to have some different Skyways on worlds in the future.
As to crop growing, I'm presuming that every world in the Spiral experiences a night (or in MB's case, a day), but they always do it offscreen, when your character isn't there to see it. Hand wavy? Indeed it is, but this is ultimately a game - we deal with it in the same way we deal with how your character eats, sleeps, and what not.
As for requests for dayside or nightside Skyways, bear in mind that it's extra work - unless it's absolutely necessary from a story standpoint, I'd rather have that artist spend more time on making islands or interiors.
That said, there will be future opportunities to mix things up a bit, but in more indirect ways. As we visit future Wizard101 worlds, there's no reason we couldn't change things up a bit. We had talked about our Marleybone book being in daylight at the concept stage, but ultimately the deep blue of midnight was so gorgeous (especially in contrast to super bright Aquila), that we kept the night. But for future worlds, set in daytime on Wizard101? Flipping to night might be a good change of pace.
As for Darkmoor, it's themes and setting demand a very specific sky. You'll no doubt agree when we get there.

2) As hinted above, I don't think the Spiral lacks a day and night cycle - we just don't show it. While day to night transitions might add to the story, I don't think the lack of a day/night cycle in game subtracts from it. It's not a small thing to implement, from a technical standpoint, especially if we didn't begin with one, and it immediately raises lots of other questions: will NPCs have activity cycles? Are buildings locked at night? Do the spawners change? More technical hurdles, chances for bugs or odd unexpected gameplay problems, and to do it right we have to essentially build every zone twice, which means we'll end up producing half as many zones for each update. I think we're doing just fine without it.
As for climate change, I also have strong feelings about the issue, but so far we haven't had the opportunity to explore something like that in the story - it'd feel a bit shoe horned in. The desertification of Monquista is about as close as we get right now. We will keep it in mind for the future, however.
As a parent of Pirate/Wizard players and a player myself I appreciate that you haven't blatantly "shoe horned" in modern day political controversies and divides into the games. I hope you keep it that way going forward.

Regarding day/night, it looks like the Privateer house is set in daytime Marleybone, given the architecture of bone shaped door and window frames, the cliffs visible in the distance and sewer system. Is that the case? It also looks like the Musketeer house is in Monquista. What are the other 3 class houses home worlds, if they have one?

Developer
CaptainFlint193 on Jan 22, 2014 wrote:
Hey Blind Mew! Long time no chat! I've got a couple of inquiries if you don't mind...

1. From the teasers, it seems like you guys have fashioned a lot of side content - is this intentional at this stage? Or is the lack of teasers for main content a hint to the future...?
2. I believe you answered this, but just to satisfy my own personal curiosity - is Marleybone in a permanent state of night? It seems to me we stayed way too long in Marleybone for daylight NOT to hit. I mean, the time it took to save the Isle of Fetch and destroy Beachhead must have taken at least a night...right? If it is, it seems highly appropriate for this world, and it would definitely add to Marleybone's flavor.
3. Where is Earth in the grand scheme of things? Or are we operating from the standpoint that this is a no-Earth ever existed universe, i.e. The Spiral? I imagine a Marleyboneian general might be surprised by the state of royal pets in England....
4. Where do you think the humans are from? They seem too widespread for them NOT to originate somewhere...
5. Can we expect The Professor from Wizard101 to make a guest appearance? As a fellow Doctor Who fan (classic as well as new - yeah, I'm kind of an old soul), this would be mighty appropriate in certain spots (high-fantasy worlds like Aquila spring to mind, or the Aztecosaur ruins).
6. Can we expect classic horror characters to appear if we ever go to Darkmoor? I expected someone like the Wereman and his storyline (I loved that quest!) to originate there - oh wait, it did! So, can we expect the likes of Dracula and Dorian Gray?
7. When writing Pirate101, how far did you want our pirates to steep into the fantastical (e.g. Aquila, the Witchdoctors, the Haunted Skyway)? Do you think we might step into fantasy heavy stuff like Aquila soon?
8. Where did the Otters and Frogs originate from? Are they from their own respective Skyways like the foxes?
9. Do you keep a massive tome of Pirate101 lore? If so, where can I steal it?
1. I'm not sure what you mean by a hint of the future. And I can also tell you that there aren't very many solid conclusions you can draw from the hints so far. As to the precise makeup of the next update, I prefer to let that be a surprise.

2. I answered this above. Marleybone has a day and a night. You just don't ever happen to be out in daytime. I realize this might strain the suspension of disbelief, but surely no more than talking dogs does.

3. Earth is petty unknown to denizens of the Spiral. In our sister game, Wizard101, Merle Ambrose called the chosen one to Wizard City from Earth. So Earth exists, but is so far removed that even the wisest of the wise don't know much about it beyond the fact of its existence. I expect out in the realms where pirates matter, most haven't even heard of it.

4. It's a question we've considered, and are so far content to leave unanswered.

5. Yeah, we went round and round about bringing the Professor to Marleybone. Ultimately, it didn't work from a story standpoint - I was worried he'd upstage the story too much. That said, I'm definitely game for including him in the future, somewhere.

6. I'd like to keep mum on Darkmoor for as long as possible, but given the hints that are already out there, your idea would seem to have some merit.

7. The magic stuff needs to be fairly present everywhere, which is fine with me because we're in the same Spiral as Wizard101 - there should be at least a little fantasy everywhere. That said, I think we'll keep our dips into high of epic fantasy few and far between. Were we ever to go Arthurian (Avalon), I'd want it to happen a long time after Aquila.

8. The Frogs do come from marleybone, but simply aren't very common in Westminster. As for the Otters, MB is a safe bet.

9. There is no great tome, alas. Just lots of little scraps scattered all over the place. The creative group here is big on the oral tradition.

Developer
bearkat904 on Jan 22, 2014 wrote:
Hello blind mew! i'm a newcomer to this forum and i want to see all of the latest story hints you will put out for us! i have a couple of questions.

1. will the coven have anything to do with erika the red and her map piece?

2. will you be working on a legend of zelda themed world, or anything related to that? i'm really fond of the legend of zelda games.

3. i always thought the crabs like louis lebisque (sry if i mispelled) were from celestia. why are they inhabited from valencia? are they distant travelers, immigrants, any treasure hunters of some sort? maybe help the guinea pigs and unicorns in any unmentioned war? this always bugs me.

4. would y'all mix dragons and humans into one world, like how to train your dragon? like mix dragonspyre and wherever humans REALLY came from in the Spiral?

5. Could u tell me more about what the worlds Empyrea and Yago look like? I always think Yago would look a lot like dragonspyre and empyrea like wysteria.

6. i always wondered wt old scratchy looked like before he became this: . Could you name me one person throughout the whole game or even wizard of what he would've looked similar to?

7. this would be a "i would be telling" or a "i dont talk schedule" question, but i think wizard's khrysalis part 2 and pirate's upcoming book 15 (or bookS 15-16 or 17) should be released on the same day. Have y'all been planning this for a while now?

8. Warrior101, Detective101, Knight101, hmmm.....

9. This one isnt technically a question (and 8 isnt either) but please give me a world that involves sailing on water, just one! (celestia perhaps? or even an aquila area of atlantea?)
1. The coven? I don't follow you here.

2. I'm a big fan too, but I expect the most you'd see would be a nod or a wink, not a whole world.

3. There are lots of Crabs in Celestia. There are also lots of Crabs in Valencia. . It may well be that both populations are migrants from some third, as yet unrevealed, place. The Crabs in Valencia definitely have a role in society there - you'll get to see it up close and personal someday.

4. There aren't really dragons in the Spiral per se - this is a big point of Wizard lore: there's on Dragon, and that's the Titan. Now, a place with big flying beasties that resonate with How To Train Your Dragon? Maybe - but it's a little high on the fantasy scale for what we like to do in Pirate - such a thing is much more likely to show up in Wixard.

5. Nope!

6. He was a human, probably in his early 20s, with dreadlocks. Your imagination can do the rest!

7. I don't talk schedule, and that would be telling, but I can also tell you from a production standpoint it would be really hard to actually orchestrate that sort of thing, and from a business standpoint, making both playerbases want to get downloads at the same time isn't really optimal.

8. You're asking if KI has another game in development, or what that game is? Because i might be able to answer one of those questions...

9. That would be really cool, wouldn't it? We have a liquid ocean under you in Hamamitsu, for what it's worth. Baby steps...

Developer
bearkat904 on Jan 22, 2014 wrote:
Hello, blind mew! i am a newcomer to this forum (not the game) and i have been reading these story threads a lot! I will be posting some questions from time to time so look for questions from me please! I have a couple right here for ye:

1. Can you name me one person from this game or even wizard101 that old scratch might've looked like when he was a human?

2. Will we be sailing on water anytime soon? like in celestia perhaps? or atlantea in aquila?

3. Previously, you said that we wont be destroying all of the elites before we finish the el dorado story arc. Got anymore info on that?

4. This always bugged me: I always thought the crabs (like louis lebisque) were from celestia. why valencia? are they immigrants, distant travelers, treasure hunters, etc.?

5. Will we be going through a dungeon that we will be sailing through? (not talking about vortexs)

6. How many worlds will we be visiting in book 18?

7. How many more NEW worlds will we be visiting before we get to el dorado?

Fishy Devesh Higgins: Level 52 Buccaneer - My Firstmate: The King of MONKEYS!

8. o ya. are y'all thinking about doing a legend of zelda themed world or even a how to train your dragon themed world? Thnx!
1. You just asked this. See above.

2. You just asked this too... see above.

3. Nope.

4. Hey - you just asked that, too! Is this thing on? See above.

5. If you mean a sigiled space for your ship, Scylla was our first big attempt to do something like that. I thought it was pretty successful.

6. Well, considering that you visit 4 worlds in Book 13 (the Marleybone book), would a specific answer really tell you anything?

7. As I've said before, I also don't like to talk world roster. More than one.

8. Hey you asked this twice! See above.

Developer
SlyZenobia on Jan 22, 2014 wrote:
I haven't played this game since summer for some reason. But I have a few questions.

1: The two skyways in Valencia are they Catalonia Skyway and Navarra Skyway, am I at least close?

2: Will we ever visit Khrysalis, Mirage, Yago, or any other worlds like those?

3: Why are there so many ship quests in Cool Ranch? If you're like me and you never attack ships then it's like hours of grinding on your level ships so you can at least stand a chance!

4: I've been looking at maps of Mooshu and Monquista and noticed 1 skyway in Hamamitsu that seemed to lead into the Mt. Fuji (which is flipped in Subata's map in contrast to Khotan), 1 in Subata and 1 in Khotan that both go North, and 2 in MQ, will we visit these in the El Dorado storyline or in the after story?

5: Speaking of Mooshu skyways, why in Hamamitsu is there a green windlane (I think) that turns intoa pink one when it leaves into Subata?

6: Is this game based roughly in the Golden Age of Piracy?

7: If it is, then why do we visit Japan, Greece, and Utah? If I recall they have nothing to do with Pirates around this time.

8: Will we ever visit the Dragonspyre mainland? We've been to the skyway and there must be some other skyways near the mainland, so will we ever visit those?

9: If Mooshu is a Turtle then how do the stormgates work, they must have to go through the turtle or something?

That's it, I hope these make you think
1. You're in the neighborhood.

2. Maybe - of the ones you mention, one is much more likely than the other two.

3. It just worked out that way.

4. The additional skyway in MooShu is the imperial Skyway, where all the Wizard101 content happens. It is profoundly unlikely that we'll ever visit it. As to other Skyways in Monquista - that's a definite maybe. Much more likely.

5. Can't really answer that one - that's just what it does.

6. This game is based in the Spiral, a collection of separate little worlds that are the fragments of a shattered planet. One part of the Spiral, Skull Island, is definitely inspired by the golden age of piracy.

7. It isn't. But since you asked, you visit them because the Spiral consists of dozens of distinct worlds, each with their own theme and historical or literary inspirations. As I recall, talking dogs also have very little to do with the golden age of piracy. At a more meta level, you visit all these places so we can keep varying things up to dazzle you visually, and tell as many different stories as we can. 200+ hours of just pirates and redcoats might get a little monotonous. That's one of the things I love most about this job - whether it's 8 foot Tigers with Gurkha knives or a giant robot fighting a kaiju, nobody can tell us we can't do that! We just have to do it well.

Developer
Kronosroses on Jan 22, 2014 wrote:
Hi blind mew. I have a few questions: I was wondering do we ever fight phule? and Do we ever meet the final member of Kane's inner court that we haven't seen yet the one people are calling queen? and Will there be new weapons in the skull island bazaar for higher levels once the new update comes out?
Also i think it would be interesting if each class got a different companion of Kane's inner court after they fight him in the new update or we get an armada musketeer or marine or fusilier for all classes.

- Faithful Tatiana Jackson level 63 Witch Doctor
Fighting Phule: That would be telling, though it's a pretty safe bet.

The last Elite: Of course you'll meet her. By the time her introductory book is over, you may well be sick to death of her.

New weapons: that's Ratbeard's wheel house, but again, a pretty safe bet.

Armada companions: we've been over and over this. And who said you fight Kane int he new update? Nobody told me!

Developer
bearkat904 on Jan 22, 2014 wrote:
ignore the second list of questions mew! please answer the first!
HA! Too late!

Developer
Trimond297 on Jan 22, 2014 wrote:
Blind Mew, in similarity to Cyrus using his Red Correcting Pen to correct dialogue spelling mistakes in Wizard101, who would be using a similar Red Correcting Pen to correct Pirate101's dialogue spelling mistakes? It would be good for those who have a great eye for detail and insist on correcting grammar mistakes. If it would be the Majordomo, I would suggest him, but, if anyone else has other suggestions, please ask away.
What are you saying, I have spelling issues?

Sadly, I'm a writer, not a typist. We're pretty good about catching typos before the reach live play, but I expect there's always room for improvement. Majordomo might be a good choice...

Developer
Merciless Morgrim on Jan 22, 2014 wrote:
I have single question. No need to go into detail, but is the upcoming content main or side content, or a mix of both?
You'll find out.

Developer
Mal Paso on Jan 23, 2014 wrote:
As a parent of Pirate/Wizard players and a player myself I appreciate that you haven't blatantly "shoe horned" in modern day political controversies and divides into the games. I hope you keep it that way going forward.

Regarding day/night, it looks like the Privateer house is set in daytime Marleybone, given the architecture of bone shaped door and window frames, the cliffs visible in the distance and sewer system. Is that the case? It also looks like the Musketeer house is in Monquista. What are the other 3 class houses home worlds, if they have one?
Thanks for the kind word. I figure if we want to get deep, there are lots of themes we can address without ever needing to deal with issues.

The setting of the houses are a little blurry - even if they're not in other worlds, they employ their architectural styles. I think you could make a strong argument that the Privateer house is in Skull Island but is an example of classic Marleybonean colonial, a la Port Regal. The Musketeer house, though, that could definitely be Monquista. I'm not sure the other houses had worlds in mind when they were made. I'll ask some artists.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
102
Blind Mew on Jan 23, 2014 wrote:
You'll find out.
I'd find out quicker if you told us ;)

Ensign
Jul 15, 2013
4
I know its a fact now, so do you know when the update for the new worlds will come out? maybe around april or may? idk,
timid blaine ironside-65
israel-7

Ensign
Dec 22, 2010
21
i am very sorry about those repeated questions, blind mew. i'm thinking that old scratch would look a lot like jack sparrow.

1. will the el dorado story arc be ending with us striking lvl 100 like wizard's 2nd arc?

2. did mustang sally ever date anybody else besides el toro?

3. will we be returning to fort elena for some particular reason? i'm thinking that gortez has helped napoleguin calm that place down.

4. will we delve deeper into catbeard's hidden lair in port regal skyway?

5. were y'all ever planning to do five world arcs (like wizard) or maybe even ten before putting in books to mix the worlds?

6. did the foxes (for example: bonnie anne) come from avalon, albion, or both?

7. will we look further into what king casimir is doing in book 15 or later?

8. will there ever be a bird-themed world in pirate101?

9. where did the helephants and the onis come from? i'm thinking yago because in the tower of the helephant kogasha mentioned that he was from yago but i'm curious if there's anywhere else? mooshu? empyrea?

10. did y'all have no more room when y'all added borrowed worlds like mooshu and marleybone into the game?

11. how did the skeletal warriors get spread around mooshu? its pretty obvious that when malistaire stole the spiral key to dragonspyre from the emperor he conjured up a spell that made skeletal warriors appear to stall the wizards that were coming to the rescue. did they steal ships to invade other parts of the world?

Ensign
Dec 22, 2010
21
oh and another thing. what class would phule, queen, or kane be in if we ever fought them? i know we'll be fighting kane in the future!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
1893
Blind Mew on Jan 23, 2014 wrote:
What are you saying, I have spelling issues?

Sadly, I'm a writer, not a typist. We're pretty good about catching typos before the reach live play, but I expect there's always room for improvement. Majordomo might be a good choice...
No, no, no, not that. No way. Not even a single thought about that. My answer to your question is a definite "no", nothing more.

It's just a thought I came up with after seeing W101's Cyrus Drake doing grammar mistake corrections once again, what with the game containing grammar mistakes and all, so I figured in my head "Who would be more suited to a job that's an equivalent to W101's Cyrus' Red Pen?", and that was it. I'm just certain that there may be dialogue text mistakes that many that play the game didn't even know about yet. And, the reason of Majordomo being a suitable choice for that was that he is one polite Monquistan who does well with his writing in his time, among others.

On a different matter, Blind Mew, many Pirates who have promoted Ratbeard to Rat Admiral had a question largely centered about his hand being a hook after clearing that promotion quest. To be honest, I was baffled to see his hand become a hook after going through all that. What part of his promo quest's storyline does Ratbeard had his hand replaced with a hook? There's no part of it that explains why. In hindsight, I think his hand would be just as it was in his previous appearances, left unchanged, not replaced, especially in later upcoming appearances, too.

About the non-combat sigils, I think they need to be more different than combat sigils, in terms of design, appearance, and color. Could that happen? I know it's more of a design thing than a story-related matter, but I'm certain the P101 designers would like to hear that.

One other thing, during the quest "Ode to Brilliant Eagilles" in Aquila, I've heard not a single note from the Lyre when Catbeard was playing it after El Toro said "Catbeard, play the Lyre." just before the Ode began. Could that be corrected so that I could hear the Lyre play it's notes during the Ode? It would be nice to actually hear the Lyre play during that part.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
Blind Mew on Jan 21, 2014 wrote:
1. Oh dear... I don't play Minecraft or TF2, so you'll have to pardon me if my answer is unsatisfying. But, since you asked...
I figure since Herobrine doesn't exist, that's one down right there. I'd find Kane and offer to tell him how to get to El Dorado if he'll spare my life and destroy Gray Mann, then so hide in a basement somewhere until that was all over. When the smoke cleared, I'd go after whatever's left of Kane: even with mech there's no way Gray Mann beats him, but I expect Kane would be pretty chewed up.
During the fight I'd have disassembled the bombs and chemically refined the phosporous out of the blasting powder. I'd light that, creating an incredibly bright point source of light, and shine it thought he ruby blade to focus it into a laser beam that I'd use to blast what's left of kane into smithereens. Then I'd sell the rope and oil for ready cash.

2. I'd be eager to see what Yum-Yum fruit tastes like. I've honestly never even imagined it.

3. Favorite bits: just about all of Book 13 (especially the end of Beachhead and both promo quests), the Magnificent 7 story, and the puppet shows. In every case, I think we managed to make stuff that was genuinely funny, but that also had stakes and a bit of depth; meaningful stuff. Well, maybe not the puppet shows...
This was a very clever answer, Blind Mew. I don't know the other characters in the scenario, other than guesses from context, but I really loved refining the phosphorus from the blasting powder (Chemistry! yea!) and using that as an intense light source to make a laser beam through the ruby sword! Very ingenious indeed! (and selling the rope and oil for cash was a nice comic touch).

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe