Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 02, 2011
Were in aquila!

I guess we don't get introduced to the gods, man.
How come those dumb wizards get to meat them

Lieutenant
Oct 01, 2010
Yeah, I know how you feel. When I heard Wizard101 was getting Mount Olympus, my head nearly erupted. I wouldn't mind if it were anything else maybe, but when you sort of take something like the Immortals, then use them for nothing more than a dungeon in another game, it just feels a little irritating. I don't mean to bring offense toward KI, in fact I love them, but I do hope we go to Mount Olympus someday as well.

Ensign
Apr 07, 2012
sineus is a old goat like person so in wizard101 they get to meat them but its diffrent in pirate101 cause their pirates and their new fishy patrick warren level 61

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
It makes sense, Blake, when you consider that we are more-or-less ordinary people as pirates, while experienced wizards could be expected to interact on multiple planes of existence. Our pirates do use some magic on a practical basis (look at our ships, for instance), and pirate witchdoctors work a lot with spells and the spirit world, but it is not the kind of in-depth scholastic magic that our young wizards get to experience in Wizard101.

Thus wizards are going to be able to interact with the immortals in different ways than our pirates will. The wizards interact though, not with the true Immortal, but an avatar of the Immortal. Too dangerous otherwise, even for wizards. Remember the story of Semele, the unfortunate princess who was tricked into demanding that Zeus reveal himself to her in his true form. Zeus regretfully did so (he had promised her on the River Styx, so he was bound by his promise), and she was instantly burned to ash. Zeus managed to save her unborn baby, who became the Immortal Dionysus, but he could not save her -- there's only so much even the Immortals can do.

Our pirates do, however, interact with the Immortals via their shrines and statues. And they have words for us, very interesting words, that alarm, puzzle, shame, and comfort according to their various natures. And curiously, Hades is one of the most kind and comforting ones...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
It makes sense, Blake, when you consider that we are more-or-less ordinary people as pirates, while experienced wizards could be expected to interact on multiple planes of existence. Our pirates do use some magic on a practical basis (look at our ships, for instance), and pirate witchdoctors work a lot with spells and the spirit world, but it is not the kind of in-depth scholastic magic that our young wizards get to experience in Wizard101.

Thus wizards are going to be able to interact with the immortals in different ways than our pirates will. The wizards interact though, not with the true Immortal, but an avatar of the Immortal. Too dangerous otherwise, even for wizards. Remember the story of Semele, the unfortunate princess who was tricked into demanding that Zeus reveal himself to her in his true form. Zeus regretfully did so (he had promised her on the River Styx, so he was bound by his promise), and she was instantly burned to ash. Zeus managed to save her unborn baby, who became the Immortal Dionysus, but he could not save her -- there's only so much even the Immortals can do.

Our pirates do, however, interact with the Immortals via their shrines and statues. And they have words for us, very interesting words, that alarm, puzzle, shame, and comfort according to their various natures. And curiously, Hades is one of the most kind and comforting ones...
Amazing. I can always count on you Anne for some wonderful knowledge tidbit that I have forgotten or never stumbled across in my studies. Fantastic stuff. I thank you. Your children are SO blessed to have you for a teacher. I can't imagine how much better I would have turned out if I had had a professor as gifted as you. x Bows to Sensei x