Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Troy

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
So Troy is breached as we sneak in with the adorably clever Trojan mouse... then I see the interior of the great city. Wow. I just stand there, amazed. I had loved the Mesopotamian-inspired names of Ophidians, very clever, but now I see this Mesopotamian-inspired glory, with its homage to the grand Ishtar Gate and more - what a feast for the eyes!

("Cap'n, you're here to fight, not take in the scenery!" Admiral Ratbeard sharply reminds me. Oh yeah)

I loved the Arabic musical riff that often accompanies criticals of the Ophidian warriors, and the female Ophidian archers collapse with such pluck -- drawing their bow in defiance before they fall.

The interiors are gorgeous, massive, and grand. And the clothes of the Ophidians are each more exotically beautiful than the last. I find myself taking in the lovely garments of the Ophidian Flame Dancers (what a wonderfully evocative name!), and their jeweled head-pieces...

("Captain, stop admiring the enemy's clothing! You're getting distracted and you'll get yourself killed!" Oops. Bonnie Anne knows me too well)

In the end, I felt quite sorry for Ssargon the Great (nice reference!), though the prospect of being sacrificed to their sacred flames was certainly incentive to keep fighting against them! And then to top off this very serious, epic series of battles, Ulysses, bewildering, gives us a parody line from the Iliad: "Is this the face that launched a thousand ships?" I almost fell out of my chair, laughing.

Troy was a superb experience, extremely well done!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
So Troy is breached as we sneak in with the adorably clever Trojan mouse... then I see the interior of the great city. Wow. I just stand there, amazed. I had loved the Mesopotamian-inspired names of Ophidians, very clever, but now I see this Mesopotamian-inspired glory, with its homage to the grand Ishtar Gate and more - what a feast for the eyes!

("Cap'n, you're here to fight, not take in the scenery!" Admiral Ratbeard sharply reminds me. Oh yeah)

I loved the Arabic musical riff that often accompanies criticals of the Ophidian warriors, and the female Ophidian archers collapse with such pluck -- drawing their bow in defiance before they fall.

The interiors are gorgeous, massive, and grand. And the clothes of the Ophidians are each more exotically beautiful than the last. I find myself taking in the lovely garments of the Ophidian Flame Dancers (what a wonderfully evocative name!), and their jeweled head-pieces...

("Captain, stop admiring the enemy's clothing! You're getting distracted and you'll get yourself killed!" Oops. Bonnie Anne knows me too well)

In the end, I felt quite sorry for Ssargon the Great (nice reference!), though the prospect of being sacrificed to their sacred flames was certainly incentive to keep fighting against them! And then to top off this very serious, epic series of battles, Ulysses, bewildering, gives us a parody line from the Iliad: "Is this the face that launched a thousand ships?" I almost fell out of my chair, laughing.

Troy was a superb experience, extremely well done!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Haha, Troy is awesome. So much battling though!

And Parissssss and Ssssargon were hilariousssss. Cursed Ophidianssssss, now I'm doing that!

It was well done, I agree!

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I couldn't agree with you more. It is stunning in there and it is a good thing I was soloing it because I took so many screenshots and had a blast while doing it. My crew has long learned to tolerate my shutterbug tendencies. As long as we are not in a battle they just start playing Yum Rummy until I finish clicking. During battles they just roll their eyes as I snap away. Although I have noticed an increase in awesome criticals when they notice me removing the text box in anticipation of taking some shots. They don't really fool me, they love it lol.
I was intrigued by the wall murals too and have already started a thread for Mew to see what the connection is with the snakes and manticores as it is all over their temple walls. I have Way too much fun with this game and these message boards. You guys are a wonderful blessing in my live that has brought me more giggles than I can count.

Petty Officer
Apr 11, 2013
Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
Petty Officer
Dec 20, 2012
yeah it's very cool and i got a free eagle companion in troy

petty willam zipman lvl 62