Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Still Hate this Place

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Feb 13, 2013
Aquila is so annoying.Haven't been able to win of the battle since I have been there.Part of that reason is becuase I keep getting companions at the bottom of my list.I knew Aquila was still going to be unstable going into live realm.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
MooshuFanatic500 on May 24, 2013 wrote:
Aquila is so annoying.Haven't been able to win of the battle since I have been there.Part of that reason is becuase I keep getting companions at the bottom of my list.I knew Aquila was still going to be unstable going into live realm.
Sounds more like you're having an unlucky battling experience than actually hating the place. I find the graphics and quest line overall very well done. But at the end of the day, you can't please everyone

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Aye lad, the first thing I noticed when I ventured into the new world was the need to have all of my companions at max level. The level of difficulty has increased here and I for one like that. Battles aren't any fun if you know your going to win every one. Every time I lost ( which isn't often heh heh heh ) I was able to see why I lost and so I went back, changed my strategy and some of my gear and was able to win. It is also important to go to a pvp arena once in awhile and use the companions that you rarely ever see in battle just so you can familiarize yourself with the tactics you need to employ when they are thrown into the mix. Keep a selection of different types of gear on hand instead of selling everything so that you can change strategies and gear when it is necessary. Fair sailing friend!

Wicked Erin, Swashbuckler Supreme

Ensign
Aug 28, 2011
yea and satyr is the big pain
i am a wd &
is like they dont miss at all

Petty Officer
Feb 13, 2013
Cunning Finnigan S... on May 25, 2013 wrote:
Sounds more like you're having an unlucky battling experience than actually hating the place. I find the graphics and quest line overall very well done. But at the end of the day, you can't please everyone
I like the storyline and graphics but some mobs are still unblanaced.The manticores for example are the only mob they left with relentless two and still always activates on me.If you saw my Aquila thoughts on test it was so long with the complaining I was doing.

Ensign
Nov 08, 2009
The manticores took out my guys in round 2. Rd3 I had my leader only. My guys were level 56. My leader was level 59. I was not looking when the fighting was going on, so I don't know how my guys died. I make my move and then hit done, go read on something. I do look to see what moves to do 1st, I didn't see my guys even yellow on turn 1. Round 2 came up made my moves, when round 3 came up, only my leader was left.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
Dont let that get you down.

I had to gold farm just to do some boss maps LOL I am 62 or 63 now my first page of companions are all 60+ working on page 2 and 3. I feel you on not getting prime picks off the first page :)

I did some boss witch snake map 8 witch doctor snakes

me 62 buck
el toro 60
bonnie 60
and what seriously pig crossbowman level 51 (great) from my last page

I won the battle did not lose any companions

them witch doctor snakes are pretty tough , they make the satar guys like a cake walk :-)

its all about placement and being able to take them out asap! :P

you might want to consider taking a break and doing some ship xp there is alot of that going on that is good gold as well.

I am stuck due to hydra bug so i decided to do rat's promo ;-p

Ensign
May 09, 2009
tweety3667 on May 26, 2013 wrote:
yea and satyr is the big pain
i am a wd &
is like they dont miss at all
well at test realm I did had some trouble but just be patient you can get through them and yeah that what it is range shouldn't always miss just like in real life it is harder to dodge a knife than a bullet

Ensign
Dec 06, 2012
It is interesting how some people have trouble with certain battles and others have trouble with different battles. I did fine against the Satyrs, then lost the last combat with the Vultures. I decided to try a side quest to gain more experience and so I tried the two-headed wolf (I cannot remember the name). I almost won that one but when the wolf (starting with 13248 life points and getting nearly four hits each round) got yet another Super, Mega, or Epic hit. I cannot say that I am enjoying these new levels as much as I enjoyed the first 50 levels.

Second time around I used all musketeers on the two-headed wolf and we kept our distance and won without loosing anyone. Vultures were also defeated a second time, but I am not sure what I did differently.

Petty Officer
Feb 13, 2013
Old Pirate on Jun 8, 2013 wrote:
It is interesting how some people have trouble with certain battles and others have trouble with different battles. I did fine against the Satyrs, then lost the last combat with the Vultures. I decided to try a side quest to gain more experience and so I tried the two-headed wolf (I cannot remember the name). I almost won that one but when the wolf (starting with 13248 life points and getting nearly four hits each round) got yet another Super, Mega, or Epic hit. I cannot say that I am enjoying these new levels as much as I enjoyed the first 50 levels.

Second time around I used all musketeers on the two-headed wolf and we kept our distance and won without loosing anyone. Vultures were also defeated a second time, but I am not sure what I did differently.
Been preaching this since it was in test.This jump of difficulty is too much compared to other worlds(Monquista to Valencia)(No I didn't see any jump of difficulty between Valencia and Cool ranch since the Valencia mobs could have 600 health already) I mean fighting level 63 things after two quest when you are 58 isn't fun.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Hah. I had troubles with the satyrs but stomped the two headed dog. I seem to do better when I am able to get an idea of what my enemy is capable of and then shuffling my companion page around before the battle begins so that some companions are more likely to appear than others. You don't always have that option however so a good rule of thumb is to not use companions of the same class as your pirate. I have been playing my swashbuckler most recently and I usually try to have musketeer companions. This seems to work best for my swashbuckler as the two different classes compliment each other. My musketeer friend is just the opposite and tries to have a swashbuckler or two in his crew for battles. Also it's nice when your companions can benefit from the same buffs you use for your pirate. It is true though that most enemies will present more difficulty for some classes than others.

Wicked Erin, Self Appointed Unlimited Class World Swashbuckling Champion Supreme

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I was doing ok, It was tough but I was managing to hang on especially when I found new friends to quest with, Then...............I got the quest for the sky snakes.
My Goodness, these are Cool Ranch sky snakes on steroids . I received only two companions, my normal Necromancer pig, no problem I thought and I got my Wagu Samoori bull. Now normally those two kick some serious tush but I lost Waggs in the First turn ! The first turn mind you . Waggs was gone and my Lu was down to half health and I still had four snakes to deal with. Well one was just about dead thanks to what I thought was my power team. I am a privateer and normally have plenty of heals but my buffs generally come up first and there was No Time for my heals to show up. I sent out a distress call and two noble pirates came to my rescue (thank you Angel Xiriga & Tatianna Nightingale) They got me through the fight and to add insult to injury, after decimating my crew and my barely surviving I got Zero Credit for the fight.. Sigh, the fun is slipping away.

Ensign
Nov 14, 2012
well i have had a lot of trouble here myself but only with the snakes.and i think your just unlucky the only monsters i lost vs was harpy with btw was my first battle in aquila it self >.>learned to use musketeers vs them so vengenge does not activate as much.ettin so annoying with relentless i do the same thing musketeers XD so overall i had no problems but leveling my companions a bit to upper 50's helped a lot i must say.i am finished with aquila thankfully and yes i beat the hydra 2nd try by the skin of neck >.<. and i do not use swashbucklers anymore because low health and the hit rate for aquila is so high they rarely block or dodge anymore so there useless for me

idk if all that helped or not

Community Leader
Aquila was IMO the best world yet.
Some of the mobs were difficult, but not impossible to overcome.

My pirate that started at level 50 got through it without any problems, although I do quest with friends (not solo).

Looking forward to getting my next pirate through, he will be starting the world at/around level 60 i think, since hes already level 55 and hasnt seen Marleybone yet.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
devereaux21 on Jun 9, 2013 wrote:
well i have had a lot of trouble here myself but only with the snakes.and i think your just unlucky the only monsters i lost vs was harpy with btw was my first battle in aquila it self >.>learned to use musketeers vs them so vengenge does not activate as much.ettin so annoying with relentless i do the same thing musketeers XD so overall i had no problems but leveling my companions a bit to upper 50's helped a lot i must say.i am finished with aquila thankfully and yes i beat the hydra 2nd try by the skin of neck >.<. and i do not use swashbucklers anymore because low health and the hit rate for aquila is so high they rarely block or dodge anymore so there useless for me

idk if all that helped or not
Yes, that is Very helpful. Thank you very much. x runs to supply extra yum to musketeers leaving Bonnie Anne in charge of limits x