Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Scylla and the Passage

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
Now i know that this is supposed to be a bit of a tough encounter but lets get real here / since the last update the number of Scylla Spawn has gotten beyond reason / Eight of the blighters at once ?? really?? thought we were Not supposed to be outnumbered now in most fights. Is this a new glitch that has to be fixed?

Ensign
Jun 03, 2012
I suggest getting a friend to help take off the tokens, now if you are having trouble with the Scylla heads level up in nautical exp. I then suggest getting celephod. Or how ever you spell it, though its looks like you are having trouble with the Scylla spawn. I will not be offense if it is hard for you but that was the most easy part, more easier than the Hydra! Just ask a friend to take off the tokens. Its not hard!

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
I know right? I killed two of the heads and then its me and my 3 companions against 13 Scyilla Spawn's, (Sorry if I mispelled that) with about 3288 health and does over 300 damage on each attack, so I'm assuming in the 270+ Weapon power range. UNFAIR

Ensign
Jul 23, 2011
I soled it and there were 10 scylla spawn, I just used toros buff to make sure their riposte doesnt trigger and Bonnies scatter blast and if all goes wrong summon some henchman.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
chiefbuppydoodles on Sep 9, 2014 wrote:
I know right? I killed two of the heads and then its me and my 3 companions against 13 Scyilla Spawn's, (Sorry if I mispelled that) with about 3288 health and does over 300 damage on each attack, so I'm assuming in the 270+ Weapon power range. UNFAIR
Not really unfair. If you take the time to clear your tokens before you enter the cloud the fight is just fine.

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
when I go fight the Scylla I use this strategy, I come up on side and stay back far enough that only one head is in battle with me. You can even back off after killing one head and heal some before engaging the next.
After 2 heads are defeated the crawlie cloud is spawned. I carefully stay back far enough from it then chop the other 2 heads off.
Now with all the heads gone I hit the tab button and take care of those tokens only then do I enter the cloud.
This way I end up with only 4 or 5 of the crawlies to deal with.
Hope this might help you if your having trouble there.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
So we are never going to be outnumbered again? I hope that's not true. There is nothing wrong with a challenge at times. With this fight though it is doable solo if you tab before destroying the second head completely and removing the yellow spawn coins. I only had to fight four during my battle.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
May 27, 2012
jeffreyskullpants on Sep 16, 2014 wrote:
when I go fight the Scylla I use this strategy, I come up on side and stay back far enough that only one head is in battle with me. You can even back off after killing one head and heal some before engaging the next.
After 2 heads are defeated the crawlie cloud is spawned. I carefully stay back far enough from it then chop the other 2 heads off.
Now with all the heads gone I hit the tab button and take care of those tokens only then do I enter the cloud.
Nice work Jeffrey, that's the strategy I usually use too although I don't clear tokens on deck, I just back off and heal before I go in to the Scylla battle. Others may be surprised that I willingly go into this particular battle time and time again as the rewards, both gold and nautical (if you need it of course) are worth it. Having said that, once you have done the Scylla battle but you still want to go through the passage, you can always take the shortcut on the right and bypass it altogether.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
jeffreyskullpants on Sep 16, 2014 wrote:
That is exactly my strategy too.

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
Silver Misty Trice on Sep 17, 2014 wrote:
Nice work Jeffrey, that's the strategy I usually use too although I don't clear tokens on deck, I just back off and heal before I go in to the Scylla battle. Others may be surprised that I willingly go into this particular battle time and time again as the rewards, both gold and nautical (if you need it of course) are worth it. Having said that, once you have done the Scylla battle but you still want to go through the passage, you can always take the shortcut on the right and bypass it altogether.
thank you I've been doing this particular battle for a while to get gear and in hopes of the pet drop .

Ensign
Mar 02, 2014
When I fight it, i have a strong eagle ship with good gear so i can take on four on at once but if you can't find a spot where only one or two heads can attack you at a time and if your ship isn't strong enough to face them all without a break then move back out of range once you kill one head and then heal. Also before you defeat the second head move back so you don't get caught by the scylla cloud. Then kill the two remaining heads and move back and stop the ship. Now press tab and run around and get rid of all the tokens especially the monster ones (or you will be in for a rough fight as each one spawns an extra enemy and you could be terribly outnumbered ) and now all you need to do is sail into the cloud and if you have removed all the tokens there should only be four of the spawns and defeat them.

Note: the spawns have riposte so you should bring ranged companions or ones with good accuracy

hope this helps

Ryan
level 65
swashbuckler