Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hard Battles

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 05, 2010
Quick question to everyone. Does anybody else have trouble with certain creatures such as the Harpies of the Achaean Skyway... Those little stinkers are the worst by far. Maybe they will fix this along with other battles such as the Hydra and Satyrs, to make Aquila a little easier. Especially with this "new" companion system, it makes playing for long periods of time harder since companions die and are put on bed rest, but if you wake them up, obviously they have less health which makes the battles even harder. I'm hoping many others have this same problem! If anyone else has other mobs/creatures they find challenging list them below and maybe it will help Aquila become more pirate friendly when updates come along. Also those ship battles are a pain depending what level you enter Aquila at with Nautical level.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
animalsrock12345 on Jul 15, 2015 wrote:
Quick question to everyone. Does anybody else have trouble with certain creatures such as the Harpies of the Achaean Skyway... Those little stinkers are the worst by far. Maybe they will fix this along with other battles such as the Hydra and Satyrs, to make Aquila a little easier. Especially with this "new" companion system, it makes playing for long periods of time harder since companions die and are put on bed rest, but if you wake them up, obviously they have less health which makes the battles even harder. I'm hoping many others have this same problem! If anyone else has other mobs/creatures they find challenging list them below and maybe it will help Aquila become more pirate friendly when updates come along. Also those ship battles are a pain depending what level you enter Aquila at with Nautical level.
Then use the companions you're not using to boost your nautical level! Have you truly been taking advantage of the advanced companion system throughout the game or have you been basically ignoring it?
Those harpies and satyrs and manticores, etc where much tougher pre-advanced companions. You can defeat them by changing tactics: are you using the same crew for every battle? Some companions aren't suited to certain fights.
This game doesn't need more nerfing!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Oops I forgot something very important, welcome to the message boards, I'm very sorry I couldn't agree with your post!

Ensign
Jun 05, 2010
Don't worry about it. I've finished this game multiple times, and have used the sailin' companion order multiple times, but I just find some mobs to be tougher than others especially at the beginning stages of Aquila. I didn't find them to be as hard on Swashbuckler as they were on Witchdoctor. Okay this is now going into a different topic, but I felt as if Witchdoctors got "cheated" out of their final spell of summoning minions. Even my other Witch friends felt as if they have no health and little damage. Playing devils advocate I could hear the other side of that they are only there to help barely, but compared to other schools their final spell makes their character do amazing amounts of damage with one move. Maybe with a possible update summoned minions will have more health along with more damage? You never know, but I'm excited to see what else this test realm holds for Pirate and the upcoming journey that they will put us through!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I agree that they are tough but it shouldn't be changed because Aquila needs to be long a bit