Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

General Tips for Aquila

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
On entering Aquila, you will experience a difficulty jump as you did in MooShu and Marleybone. I hope these tips can make things somewhat easier for you.
1. You should be at LEAST level 60. If not, go back and do those side quests!
2. Your main companions and back ups should also be at least level 60. If you haven't done this yet, promote Ratbeard and Bonnie Anne!
3. Your Magnificent Seven companion will get a promotion quest at level 60, wait until you are at max level to do this quest - it is challenging.
On Nautical Experience: if your nautical experience is lagging 5 or more levels behind your pirate experience you must raise those levels! Do this by:
1. Put those companions that you never ever under any circumstances use to Sailin' task.
2. Go back to Marleybone and hunt ships. Go after the frog smugglers and wharf rats..
You will need to buy the Aquilan Galleon this costs at least 70 k gold. Gather this by farming treasure chests in Nova Aquila or run the Tower of Moo Manchu. The tower gives the best rewards; it is easy to reach the gold cap in even one run of the tower. Use the gold to buy the galleon and what is left over use to BUY TOMES! Keep the gear you can use now and in the higher levels.
Fighting mobs:
1. Harpies - stay together, use those companions that have Hold the Line ( Ratbeard and Gracie ). Harpies have Vengeance Strike at the third rank.
2.Satyrs - scatter, divide and conquer is the strategy to use here. Satyrs have a devastating Mojo Blast, Mojo Echo and Witch Hunter.
3. Manticores and Stymphalian Birds - assign double teams on an enemy. This also will work for Ettins.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 16, 2015 wrote:
On entering Aquila, you will experience a difficulty jump as you did in MooShu and Marleybone. I hope these tips can make things somewhat easier for you.
2. Your main companions and back ups should also be at least level 60. If you haven't done this yet, promote Ratbeard and Bonnie Anne!
3. Your Magnificent Seven companion will get a promotion quest at level 60, wait until you are at max level to do this quest - it is challenging.
On Nautical Experience: if your nautical experience is lagging 5 or more levels behind your pirate experience you must raise those levels! Do this by:
1. Put those companions that you never ever under any circumstances use to Sailin' task.
2. Go back to Marleybone and hunt ships. Go after the frog smugglers and wharf rats..
You will need to buy the Aquilan Galleon this costs at least 70 k gold. Gather this by farming treasure chests in Nova Aquila or run the Tower of Moo Manchu. The tower gives the best rewards; it is easy to reach the gold cap in even one run of the tower. Use the gold to buy the galleon and what is left over use to BUY TOMES! Keep the gear you can use now and in the higher levels.
Fighting mobs:
1. Harpies - stay together, use those companions that have Hold the Line ( Ratbeard and Gracie ). Harpies have Vengeance Strike at the third rank.
2.Satyrs - scatter, divide and conquer is the strategy to use here. Satyrs have a devastating Mojo Blast, Mojo Echo and Witch Hunter.
3. Manticores and Stymphalian Birds - assign double teams on an enemy. This also will work for Ettins.
Those are great tips! Especially buying tomes. every time I do moo manchu afterwards i use the gold to bring my companions to max. I only have a few companions left!

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 16, 2015 wrote:
Fighting mobs:
Aye, great advice(I especially agree with that Magnificent 7 promotion. That was a pain).

Ugh, those harpies... THOSE FLIPPING HARPIES!!! Nothing stood out more to me than those flipping harpies. They were worse than the Satyrs to me. I remember the Manticores and Stymphalian Birds, but they weren't as bad as those harpies.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Someone advised me to use my Pirate frigate for battling the Harpies. The smaller deck concentrates the battle so that they can't move around much to surround any of your crew. I thought it was great advice.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Jul 20, 2015 wrote:
Someone advised me to use my Pirate frigate for battling the Harpies. The smaller deck concentrates the battle so that they can't move around much to surround any of your crew. I thought it was great advice.
Excellent advice, of course, using the Marleybone galleon also gives an advantage; it's so large that you have time to buff and shield.

Ensign
Jul 26, 2013
a little bit of a late reply, but I just joined the message board :) do you have anymore tips on the Harpy? They killed Catbeard in one round because he kept using blade storm and relentless.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
GoldenNorth on Jul 25, 2015 wrote:
a little bit of a late reply, but I just joined the message board :) do you have anymore tips on the Harpy? They killed Catbeard in one round because he kept using blade storm and relentless.
use swashbuckler companions with first strike and riposte, this should be a good reply to those vengeance strikes