Easy ways to kill eagle shades :)

1
AuthorMessage
Bosun
Oct 26, 2012
374
If you have found that eagle shades heal right at the dead, and then you be like and after a while you start to , then this is a vague not 100% accurate guide for you. Here are some tips that will make you go and may help you.

Tip 1 (The Focus Tip):
1.) Always focus on one shade at a time

Tip 2 (The Health Bar Tip):
1.) Eagle shades generally always heal at red health, and 40-50% of the time on yellow.
2.)Since they heal on red health, DONT MAKE thier health go red.
3.)Try and keep thier health at halfway-high yellow, then after that let everyone focus on them so they die.

Tip 3 (The DONT BE SLACK Tip):
1.) Some times eagle shades dont heal at red health. Dont be tempted to let one companion attack that particular shade while the rest attack a new one.
2.) If a shade has 500-300 health, dont let one guy attack. To be on the safe side I reccomend that at least 3 players attack that shade.

So these are my tips. I feel a bit posting this but hopefully it will help you and make you .

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Great observations and Very helpful. Thank you for all you go through to make the game easier for all of us.

Bosun
Oct 26, 2012
374
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 11, 2013 wrote:
Great observations and Very helpful. Thank you for all you go through to make the game easier for all of us.
Ty for the encouragement!

Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
97
Best way to fight Cadmus and Eagle Shades on a Swashbuckler is the following:

1) Black Fog and do not attack on any of your companions.
2) Poison enemies, can usually get 3 of them.
3) Wait 2 turns for enemies to use both of their heals to recover from poison damage. Use Shadow Dance and other powers that will help you win faster here too.
4) Attack without worry now.

Please note, I wouldn't equip a pet in this fight as they have a mind of their own and this strategy doesn't work if the enemies have somebody to target.

Ensign
Nov 26, 2012
24
No, you're all wrong. Just kidding, but I think I have a better way of dealing with them. Bring Zeena as your first companion, and if you're a buckler, use black fog and then make Zeena entrap the ground with fires. The shades will heal after every round of damage and will run out - this also makes the Cadmus farming process much faster.

Lawrence Windlass, Level 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Rasenshruiken on Dec 25, 2013 wrote:
No, you're all wrong. Just kidding, but I think I have a better way of dealing with them. Bring Zeena as your first companion, and if you're a buckler, use black fog and then make Zeena entrap the ground with fires. The shades will heal after every round of damage and will run out - this also makes the Cadmus farming process much faster.

Lawrence Windlass, Level 65
Nice tip. Thank you

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2674
Golden Guardian on Oct 11, 2013 wrote:
If you have found that eagle shades heal right at the dead, and then you be like and after a while you start to , then this is a vague not 100% accurate guide for you. Here are some tips that will make you go and may help you.

Tip 1 (The Focus Tip):
1.) Always focus on one shade at a time

Tip 2 (The Health Bar Tip):
1.) Eagle shades generally always heal at red health, and 40-50% of the time on yellow.
2.)Since they heal on red health, DONT MAKE thier health go red.
3.)Try and keep thier health at halfway-high yellow, then after that let everyone focus on them so they die.

Tip 3 (The DONT BE SLACK Tip):
1.) Some times eagle shades dont heal at red health. Dont be tempted to let one companion attack that particular shade while the rest attack a new one.
2.) If a shade has 500-300 health, dont let one guy attack. To be on the safe side I reccomend that at least 3 players attack that shade.

So these are my tips. I feel a bit posting this but hopefully it will help you and make you .
Great and exceptionally well done advice. If it is OK with you I would like to repost this on the PHP thread because they are such good tips that many would benefit from. Or if you would like to then please do. Just let me know because I'm trying to find good tips on other threads and add them to the PHP thread- I just want the proper people to get credit for the great tips and strategies.

Lieutenant
Jul 15, 2013
122
Thnx I found this extremely helpful while promoting duck holliday

Ensign
Oct 26, 2013
10
thanks i found that real helpful i trying to farm cadmus for blades of shade but i do that all the time and i am not the luckiest guy arround

lvl 65 Dead-eye Chris Lewis

if wanna friend me you will prob find me in illios popping in and out of cave of ruins if i not there i offline or helping a friend also i finished game so ill be bored and happy to help you in quests

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2674
awesomedudio101 on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
thanks i found that real helpful i trying to farm cadmus for blades of shade but i do that all the time and i am not the luckiest guy arround

lvl 65 Dead-eye Chris Lewis

if wanna friend me you will prob find me in illios popping in and out of cave of ruins if i not there i offline or helping a friend also i finished game so ill be bored and happy to help you in quests
Welcome to the boards Dead-eye Chris. Glad to have you aboard. I am sure our kind Chrissy will be pleased to welcome you as well- she is awfully good at it.

Cadmus took me a few days too. Then out of nowhere I got 2 sets of his blades after back-to-back battles. I think everyone has a bit of misfortune when it comes to farming, at least with 1 or 2 bosses. So don't feel alone, I am sure your luck is bound to change in the future. My buccaneer has farmed Midnight Bandit on and off for a couple weeks, just trying to get gear with valor's armor- no luck so far. But I'll keep my hopes up that he'll hand it over soon.

By the way which realm are you playing in, so that anyone looking to check in on you or friend you can have a better chance of running into you. And your time zone and times you generally play might help to include as well. If you provide that info I'll keep an eye out for you in Illios. My pirate is maxed too and done (actually holding off on) questing till new world/questing is added.

Anyways good luck and welcome to the message boards.

Two-faced Valkoor Ohlen, Lvl 65

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
1
I'm having trouble getting the blades of shade from cadmus. I've heard of farming but I don't know what it is. I didn't get them the first time and I really want them. How do I farm?

Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
97
Captian Walker on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
I'm having trouble getting the blades of shade from cadmus. I've heard of farming but I don't know what it is. I didn't get them the first time and I really want them. How do I farm?
First you have to completely finish your Magnificent Seven companion upgrade quest. After which, you`ll be able to farm Cadmus repeatedly until he finally drops those Blades of Shade. The only comforting part about the process is that you don`t have to fight the Eagle Shades in the beginning and you can make your way to Cadmus directly. It took myself 15 to 20 tries before I finally got them, a friend got them in 5 tries, so I wish you all the best in finding them quickly. And if you haven`t guessed by now, farming is where you repeat a process for an end objective, whether it be experience, equipment, or gold.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Captian Walker on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
I'm having trouble getting the blades of shade from cadmus. I've heard of farming but I don't know what it is. I didn't get them the first time and I really want them. How do I farm?
Farming is fighting the same boss over and over until you get what you want. Another word for persistence I guess. They are a pretty rare drop and I have yet to get them, but I will be the first to admit that I have not resorted to heavy farming yet.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Captian Walker on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
I'm having trouble getting the blades of shade from cadmus. I've heard of farming but I don't know what it is. I didn't get them the first time and I really want them. How do I farm?
P.S. Welcome to the message boards Capt Walker. You will find us helpful and full of fun. I look forward to hearing when you finally get those blades.

Ensign
Oct 26, 2013
10
dude no offense but i tried your way it failed miserably when i got the eagle shade down to high yellow zone it healed and against cadmus (the boss in the cave of ruins in illios,aquila from magnificent seven promo) he healed after he lost too hundred i was like omg! he a fail then i get him down to low green zone he heal and then he start spamming heals

Ensign
Oct 26, 2013
10
i think you should use EL TORO!!!!!!!! as firstmate and use other companions wit riposte in the top row when your fighting cadmus if you get riposte companions use el toro power to boost accuracy and dodge it helps allot
and then try and use some kind of trap to hurt them when they are coming at yu, if you are a swashbuckler use a hidden on your self and maybe all your companions, dont go for cadmus first go for eagle shade minions then attack the legionairre shades( the musketeer shades) take them down one by one lastly take down cadmus

Hopefully this helped yu peoples goodluck when fighting shades
lvl 65 Dead-eye Christopher Lewis( if you wanna find me you will find me in illios outside cave of ruins or in Kraken Skulls Tavern! hope dis helped yu

Ensign
Oct 26, 2013
10
O i didnt notice your post valkoor thank yu for saying that you will prob find me in avery, bonnie, blind mew, or ratbeard realm

Bosun
Oct 26, 2012
374
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
Great and exceptionally well done advice. If it is OK with you I would like to repost this on the PHP thread because they are such good tips that many would benefit from. Or if you would like to then please do. Just let me know because I'm trying to find good tips on other threads and add them to the PHP thread- I just want the proper people to get credit for the great tips and strategies.
Ya go ahead

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2674
Golden Guardian on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
Ya go ahead
Thank you my friend. Every other pirate will be sure to benefit from your great tips!

Ensign
Oct 18, 2012
3
Rasenshruiken on Dec 25, 2013 wrote:
No, you're all wrong. Just kidding, but I think I have a better way of dealing with them. Bring Zeena as your first companion, and if you're a buckler, use black fog and then make Zeena entrap the ground with fires. The shades will heal after every round of damage and will run out - this also makes the Cadmus farming process much faster.

Lawrence Windlass, Level 65
I use that same Strategy. The fire usually kills the archers and i don't even have to attack much

Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
97
Posting an update to this topic because Eagle Shades are no longer healing straight away after damaging them and hiding like I said in my previous strategy. Instead they are just moving to a different spot when they no longer have someone to attack, even if they are hurt.

I've been farming Cadmus over 40 times today (I'm getting an amazing drop rate so I just can't stop) so here's my new strategy for Swashbucklers:
  1. Great Juju (from Medallion of Hermes)
  2. Black Fog
  3. Poison Enemies
  4. Grand Shadowdance
  5. Attack Away (I didn't attack on my companions until this point, however I did use their buffs)

Using Poisons along with Assassin Strikes is a great winning combo, just in case you don't finish off the Eagle Shades that turn, the carry over damage (i.e. the bleeding and poisoning) will finish them off before they can heal.

Ensign
Dec 22, 2012
35
I think there are different ways for each class. For example, a musketeer (my class, teehee) might use bombs and the Overwatch and Burst Fire Powerup to get at least Cadmus or anyone who advances. The power up also triggers Burst Fire for musketeer companions most of the time. It would be helpful to use Zeena if she uses her fire to damage overtime and Bonnie Anne for her ... pure awesomeness. And lots of bombs (we use it in every battle so it is a no-brainer). Sometimes, the eagles don't heal when they are in yellow except the boss himself. I don't know about the other classes but I hope these help the musketeers out there :D

Ensign
Jun 16, 2013
28
I read through all the strategies, but didn't see anything for privateers, just a side note someone put in their post saying it was tough for us. Honestly, no it ain't. So I'm going to put this here for any privateers trying to do this.

Easiest way for a privateer to farm cadmus is to just put our accuracy and dodge buffs as well as our critical buffs at the front of our card stacks and set up our companions with all of our swashbucklers and buccaneers (anyone with first strike and/or riposte) at the front of our companion list (preferrably El Toro as first mate for his buff).

Once that's done, enter the fight and just stack all those buffs and focus your attacks on the archers and then legionaires saving cadmus for last. Each turn, have all of your companions attack the same shade dealing the most damage possible. What this does is ensures you deal the most damage you possibly can each turn while at the same time makign it very hard for the shades to kill you or any of your companions.

While that's going on, if your character doesn't have any good attack cards, than just sit the back and spam heals (the very strategy that everyone hates in pvp)

If done well, you'll have defeated cadmus and all his shades before the 10 turns on your longer buffs are up.

At least, that's what I did for the 3 days it took me (over 60 fights with Cadmus) before I finally got the Blades of Shade for my Swashbuckler (but I did nab a LOT of really good gear along the way, so no complaints).

- Silly Sebastian ()

Captain
May 13, 2011
564
not sure if this is already put in, but if you cant kill them fast enough, just hurt the whole team a little. a shade will heal any time they are hurt (even at green) and the spell heals half the health they lost (example: if you hit a shade for 40 damage and a companion hits the same shade and deals 20 damage and the shade heals, it will heal 30). then you can focus on one shade and laugh at the rest wasting their heals on near no damage. it also looks like my epics really hate cadmus

Lieutenant
May 08, 2010
127
Simple way to waste their heals

make them go down 1/4 health
they panic and waste their heal

Then Kill them lol

"Armada Dies"

1