Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Little Snake Trouble... Please Help

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jan 01, 2013
Hello, I am a level 64 Witchdoctor, and have started the Ophidian Palace dungeon. Let us keep this simple, I CAN'T WIN THE LAST BATTLE!! When I start the battle, there are 2 archers, 2 flame dancers, and Hyksoss, against 4 of my companions. They deal too much damage even for my buccaneer companions. One time Kan Po was taken out IN THE FIRST TURN! In just a couple turns, me and my crew were at red or yellow health, when the snakes were all at green health. Is there anyone who can give me tips on how a witchdoctor can win this certain battle, like which companions, or power effects, or should I do some side quests and go to level 65? Most of my companions are at level 55-66, should I increase them all to level 65, because those Ophidians are level 59.

Administrator
Can I just say that on a whole, I had a much easier time in Aquila on my Witchdoctor when I switched all my front rows of companions to Musketeers and spread out a bit? Your mileage may vary (YMMV) of course.

I'd love to hear some player suggestions for Lily!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
It also really helps to have El Toro up as your first mate, that accuracy and dodge buff can be the difference between winning the match vs. losing it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I am posting this here too to make sure Lilly catches my response to her.
Yea I learned my lesson quick that my former heavy hitter swashbucklers are getting slaughtered in Aquila. On the sky snakes they took out my Wagu Bull Samoorai in the first round, before I could even shield him. I learned from here to use musketeers and witchdoctor companions and to position yourself well if they have flanking. Just by paying attention to what they can do and making sure you don't offer them any easy hits, can make all the difference. If you have one you really must use then try getting Valor's armor for your Witchdoctor. My musketeer actually has to of them now and she saves her crew all the time with them, plus saving friends too. Once you can protect a heavy hitter, like my necromancer pig, they can do the good damage and still be alive to keep it up.

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Aug 26, 2013 wrote:
Can I just say that on a whole, I had a much easier time in Aquila on my Witchdoctor when I switched all my front rows of companions to Musketeers and spread out a bit? Your mileage may vary (YMMV) of course.

I'd love to hear some player suggestions for Lily!
WITCHDOCTORS FTW!

Mason Brewster-lvl 61