Why does Stromy Sky look different?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
135
Why does he look nothing like he is supposed to? He looks similar to Tonka when you speak to him, but when you recruit him, he turns into one of Black Storm Raider with different looks and color of his fur. Normally when you recruit someone from a quest, they will look exactly like they look as a NPC except for their outfit changes to match your Flag color. I can't get the link to work, but if you go on Pirate101 Central Forums under Companions, you can see a thread called "Stormy Sky Comparison". The picture is there.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
552
Well, if you recruit stormy sky as he is, you'll have to promote him.

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
135
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Aug 22, 2014 wrote:
Well, if you recruit stormy sky as he is, you'll have to promote him.
Not to offend you, but I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I recently recruited him and he looks nothing like the NPC Stormy Sky. I hadn't promoted him at all. I don't even think he does promote, but anyway. The NPC looks similar to Tonka. The companion looks like a black storm raider buccaneer that you would find on one of the Black Storm raider ships. It's more my OCD acting up but the Companion is supposed to look like the the NPC. I mean the fur color changed to black from brown when you recruit him. I hope I explained myself better.

Captain
Jan 17, 2013
637
Grizzley117 on Aug 22, 2014 wrote:
Not to offend you, but I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I recently recruited him and he looks nothing like the NPC Stormy Sky. I hadn't promoted him at all. I don't even think he does promote, but anyway. The NPC looks similar to Tonka. The companion looks like a black storm raider buccaneer that you would find on one of the Black Storm raider ships. It's more my OCD acting up but the Companion is supposed to look like the the NPC. I mean the fur color changed to black from brown when you recruit him. I hope I explained myself better.
That happened to me once man, its a lil weird. But i've learned to just roll with it XD

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
135
fearless robert sp... on Aug 23, 2014 wrote:
That happened to me once man, its a lil weird. But i've learned to just roll with it XD
Yeah, I've started to get used to it. I think an easy fix would be to change the NPC to look like the companion now. That might be easier to change than the companion to the current NPC.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
552
Grizzley117 on Aug 22, 2014 wrote:
Not to offend you, but I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I recently recruited him and he looks nothing like the NPC Stormy Sky. I hadn't promoted him at all. I don't even think he does promote, but anyway. The NPC looks similar to Tonka. The companion looks like a black storm raider buccaneer that you would find on one of the Black Storm raider ships. It's more my OCD acting up but the Companion is supposed to look like the the NPC. I mean the fur color changed to black from brown when you recruit him. I hope I explained myself better.
Well what I mean is if you recruited stormy sky as he looks as an NPC, later on you'd promote him.

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
135
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Aug 24, 2014 wrote:
Well what I mean is if you recruited stormy sky as he looks as an NPC, later on you'd promote him.
Well the thing is, he doesn't promote. I have not done anything to him, he just doesn't look like the NPC at all other than the fact that they are both bison.