Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why does my main attack always fizzle?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 15, 2013
Hello everyone! :)

I've been enjoying my stay in Pirate101 and I've been having some maybe so called "problems" with my level 22 Witchdoctor.

Everytime I do a main attack, it would always fizzle. Along with being the same with my Witchdoctor companions.
If anyone could be kind, can you please tell me what is going on and why its doing that?

It would be a pleasure to know!

Thank you~! ^-^

Sincerely, Gruesome Jackie Roberts

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Gruesome Jackie Ro... on May 6, 2014 wrote:
Hello everyone! :)

I've been enjoying my stay in Pirate101 and I've been having some maybe so called "problems" with my level 22 Witchdoctor.

Everytime I do a main attack, it would always fizzle. Along with being the same with my Witchdoctor companions.
If anyone could be kind, can you please tell me what is going on and why its doing that?

It would be a pleasure to know!

Thank you~! ^-^

Hi Jackie. Yea fizzling is the bane of witchdoctors all right. Part of the downside of all that power. Boost your accuracy any way you can. Either that or cut down on the accuracy of your opponents. You are not high enough for El Toro's boost so I would suggest picking up some buccaneer skills that drop the accuracy of your enemy. Check your companions. I forget what a witchdoctor has at that point so I can't be specific. Boost your will any way you can too, that will help in many ways.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 6, 2014 wrote:
Hi Jackie. Yea fizzling is the bane of witchdoctors all right. Part of the downside of all that power. Boost your accuracy any way you can. Either that or cut down on the accuracy of your opponents. You are not high enough for El Toro's boost so I would suggest picking up some buccaneer skills that drop the accuracy of your enemy. Check your companions. I forget what a witchdoctor has at that point so I can't be specific. Boost your will any way you can too, that will help in many ways.
What weapon you have equiped can factor in as well, is your weapon strictly staffy or are you using a combination? Or even a weapon not really intended for witchdoctors?

Ensign
Dec 15, 2013
Ah! Thank you!

I'm very glad you answered my little problem. Even though I didn't get what you said at first, I'll make sure to take your advice.

But about the Buccaneer skills to increase your accuracy, my power slots are already full with Witchdoctor class along with Musketeer. But I don't really know if the slots are actually full. Like Boochbeard said, You can combine ALL of your classes. So they're chances that I have more unfilled power slots to fill.

ButIdon'tknow.

And aslo about increasing my will, I might do that. But is the there certain things to get your will to go higher?

Like, clothing, jewelry, weapons, and such?

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
The enemy's accuracy affects the Witch's accuracy with their wand spells? I didn't know that I always figured it was dodge.

As for Jackie, I would rely on my powers when attacking, taking advantage of multi hit spells like Mojo Storm when best fit. Better to have a guaranteed hit then a hope of hitting, right?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Gruesome Jackie Ro... on May 7, 2014 wrote:
Ah! Thank you!

I'm very glad you answered my little problem. Even though I didn't get what you said at first, I'll make sure to take your advice.

But about the Buccaneer skills to increase your accuracy, my power slots are already full with Witchdoctor class along with Musketeer. But I don't really know if the slots are actually full. Like Boochbeard said, You can combine ALL of your classes. So they're chances that I have more unfilled power slots to fill.

ButIdon'tknow.

And aslo about increasing my will, I might do that. But is the there certain things to get your will to go higher?

There sure are. Just keep playing and farming and check out the Bazaar for will boosting items. Check out what kind of items boss' are dropping in the Central Wiki and you can see what witchdoctor only items are there.

Ensign
Jul 10, 2009
Gruesome Jackie Ro... on May 7, 2014 wrote:
Ah! Thank you!

ButIdon'tknow.

As for total skills, you can have as many as you want . If your talking about the slots at the bottom of your screen in a battle, you can discard those by right-clicking. Also, the game picks a new one each turn, so they'll fill up as you use them. On a side note, I would put accuracy-boosting powers to the top of your list, so you ca use them earlier in the battle, when it's more important.

As for Will, you can definitely get stuff (not including most weapons) that will get your Will higher. You can see these benefits on your character sheet in the top right corner. Make sure your weapon gets its bonus from Will though.

~Ivette Xavier 55