Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why does Ch'ok Ak'ab not drop his rings every time

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 28, 2010
Ch'ok Ak'ab in the Pyramid of Fire, Xol Akmul drops rings that grant a stat bonus and a card, just like the Shrimpy and Dutchman items. Unlike the two other bosses, though, he drops his rings very rarely, whereas the other two bosses will drop one out of their many possible exclusive items every time. Why is Ch'ok Ak'ab different? Was this by design or was this a glitch? Were the 100% drop rates of the other two bosses by design or by glitch? If Ratbeard or someone can answer this, I'm very interested in hearing what you reply. Cheers!

Ensign
Feb 13, 2013
Developer
Hmm... I'll take a look.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ratbeard on May 27, 2015 wrote:
Hmm... I'll take a look.
Well, I'll wait to hear your results.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
gotta say i'm also glad you brought this up...when i first started out on my witch i was lucky to get 2 of the amazing aztecasaur rings, but only after 30+ battles or so,( got my first on my first run, so i knew there was more goodies in there...thus i spammed the second chance box as well)...was surprised how many max characters had never even seen or heard of the ring when i asked them if there were other types of the one i originally got...anyways i still love the rings, and from time to time I still hit that dungeon just to see if i get lucky again....
ty ratbeard for checking on this as well(dont tell decius but you my favorite KI employee shhh)
KI wouldnt be the same without ya!

stormy jen silver

p.s. can we pretty pretty please hang up our awesome weapons you designed on our walls of our houses? O.O

Ensign
May 07, 2013
ch'ock ak'ab drops e ? lol i have run this so many times even tried the second chance chest quite a bit , only seen the rings 3 rings drop never seen the pet farming here doesn't seem worth it since he isn't so high . you would think the drop rate wouldn't be so nonexistent.

Ensign
Jul 03, 2014
Isnt ch'ok ak'ab undefeatable?

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
Kirigi on Jun 17, 2015 wrote:
First of all, there is no reason to use that many emoticons. Second of all, he is defeated when you break the statues.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Kirigi on Jun 17, 2015 wrote:
Yes, he is undefeatable. The treasure they are talking about comes from the chests after the fight with Ch'ok Ak'ab.