Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

why do we lvl so slowly?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 04, 2012
why do we level so slowly, it takes ages for me to get my characters to at least lvl 10, yet in wizard 101 the leveling is fast. why hasnt being able to buy lvls been introduced into the crown shop? And to get to different worlds you have to be a certain lvl, even though when you buy a membership it says acces to all worlds, but when i go to a portal even if i'm a member it comes up with skull island and nothing else.
GO WITCH DOCTORS

Ensign
Jun 16, 2014
Even with VIP or paid access you still need to level to reach the worlds for that level. I think perhaps paid access should level faster (double xp from fights and maybe 50% more from quests) but other than that you still need to level through the game to reach new worlds.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
crooky898 on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
why do we level so slowly, it takes ages for me to get my characters to at least lvl 10, yet in wizard 101 the leveling is fast. why hasnt being able to buy lvls been introduced into the crown shop? And to get to different worlds you have to be a certain lvl, even though when you buy a membership it says acces to all worlds, but when i go to a portal even if i'm a member it comes up with skull island and nothing else.
GO WITCH DOCTORS
Hey crooky!

I'll be honest with ya, leveling up in terms of Pirate level is probably the easiest thing to do on this game. In fact, buying any EXP potion is probably not needed at all, since I've seen many pirates reach the max level of 65 before they even start Aquila. What I suggest for you to do if you're really only interested in leveling up and if you have a membership is to focus only on the story line quests. They tend to give more exp.

As for Membership, when it says access, it means you can go to any area via teleporting to a friend, walking there, or using the transportalar, for gold. However, you need to have been to that world at least once in order to use the transportalar to return to there. Whether you need to go to the transportalar in that world, I'm not sure, but I know you at least have to had been to that world.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
crooky898 on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
GO WITCH DOCTORS
I don't find that leveling is that slow, actually. As for the transportalators, you must first have access to those worlds from the stormgates before they will be available from the transportalation.

Are you doing the side quests? Maybe that will pick up your progression a bit.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
What I truly like about this game is that our levels aren't tied to membership. If you think you aren't leveling fast enough, ask yourself; am I doing all the side quests? Side quests help you level faster, give you more gold, sometime unique loot, pet or companion may also show up. The reason that you can't enter an area that requires a certain level or quest, is because the challenges there are geared to that level.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
If you want to be a better level, start doing side quests. When my swashbuckler was level 8 he did side quests and he was then level 9. (He's max level now.)

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Yeah, I'll be honest, leveling in Pirate101, is, in my opinion, waaaaay easier than in Wizard101. I'm 65 in Pirate and I've only been playing for about a year. In Wizard101 I'm only 63 (yeah, it's lame), but I've been playing for a few years now. I'm a privateer in Pirate101, so that helps a bit, simply more companions, I suppose. In Wizard101 I'm a necromancer, and I need to complain to KingsIsle about the nearly impossible bone dragon boss in DS... but that's for another forum.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
As quite a few people have said, doing side quests will increase your level. My level 58 Swashbuckler would probably be a lower level if I hadn't done all of the side quests I could find. Go back to places you've already visited and check around to see if any NPC's have that yellow exclamation point hovering over their heads. Sometimes you'll find that quests unlock when you reach a certain level.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
To be honest, based on my experience as a wizard101 and pirate101 player. Actually as a wizard101 player it's a lot slower,compare as a pirate101 player witch is more rapid when reaching to the current max level of 65.Did most of the side quests along the main storyline.The easiest to do all the side quests in one shot is in Valencia, in my opinon.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
We don't level very slowly, actually. It took me a bit less than two months to finish the game, 3/4ths of a month being dedicated solely to Cool Ranch. Fiery Courtney is currently residing in Aquila, with no quests.