Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why did KI get rid of summoning signs?

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 02, 2009
During the early stages of Closed Beta where everyone was giving away Beta keys and before the Boochbeard and Gandry Bundles were released, when pirates summoned something like Call to Arms, or Hide in Shadows, the class sign would be created and appeared in front of the player, much like in Wizard. I remember that the Musketeer one was a gun, Swashbuckler had a rose I think, Privateers had a spyglass, and Witchdoctors had this . I never had a chance to see the Buccaneer one, but I bet it was a sword. Anyway, back to the purpose of this thread, I wanted to know why it was removed. It was kinda cool, but it did have the same type of summoning Wizard had, so I guessed It was removed to make Pirate a bit different from Wizard, but I still want to know the exact reasoning behind it.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Ahhhhh... Good times.

I'm pretty sure this might have been placeholder only, and the decision wasn't final. The manager in charge of that probably decided it was too much like Wizard101, and player might think its exactly the same thing if they see casting animations and whatnot.

-Evan Silver, Wind Tamer