Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Where do Prawns come from?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 01, 2012
NO!I didn't mean that.

See when we fight Emperor Prawn,he says:

''So,the accursed insects have come at last.You have ruined our schemes but know this!We shall not be defeated.We Prawns ruled these skies before the coming of the SHarks,before the Scaly Ones.We are the Kraken's Favored ones,blessed by the Storm TItans.For too long we have waited Outside,dricven out by the accursed Drakes,but no more,we shall have our vengance!¨''

Where is this ''Outside''?Where have the Prawns been all these years?Were they there at the time of the Titans?We see that there is a Kraken,and that he is separate from the Storm TItan.And who are the Drakes?Why is Outside capitalized?

Can someone explain this very piece of dialogue to me?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
In order, to answer them.

1. The Prawns were exiled from a war that was taken place long ago that hasn't been explained, according to Mordekai. The Drakes were responsible for it, and the Prawns have been scheming their way back out of exile to exact their revenge against them. One particular Prawn plot was thwarted by us Pirates, yet, they will return with another. You never know how these Prawns can resurface. Maybe one day, we would get a backstory of how that war happened.

2. The Kraken and the Storm Titans are very different, even though they're the Spiral's legendary creatures. However, they're not one and the same.

3. "Outside" probably refers to an unmentioned World in the Spiral that has Prawns, though there may be Prawns that chose to never use their powers for evil, others, they wish to live a decent life.

4. The Drakes are a type of dragon, likely a kin to the Dragon Titans, beside the one particular Dragon Titan perched on Dragonspyre's volcano after the 100 Year War that left it ruined.

You don't really think there be one Storm Titan, Dragon Titan, and Frost Titan, or they were the only ones that master Storm, Fire and Ice in the Spiral, do you?

I mean, wherever there are those, there should also be Myth, Death, Life, and Balance Titans. Seriously, there should be. Just saying.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Trimond297 on Nov 4, 2014 wrote:
In order, to answer them.

1. The Prawns were exiled from a war that was taken place long ago that hasn't been explained, according to Mordekai. The Drakes were responsible for it, and the Prawns have been scheming their way back out of exile to exact their revenge against them. One particular Prawn plot was thwarted by us Pirates, yet, they will return with another. You never know how these Prawns can resurface. Maybe one day, we would get a backstory of how that war happened.

2. The Kraken and the Storm Titans are very different, even though they're the Spiral's legendary creatures. However, they're not one and the same.

3. "Outside" probably refers to an unmentioned World in the Spiral that has Prawns, though there may be Prawns that chose to never use their powers for evil, others, they wish to live a decent life.

4. The Drakes are a type of dragon, likely a kin to the Dragon Titans, beside the one particular Dragon Titan perched on Dragonspyre's volcano after the 100 Year War that left it ruined.

You don't really think there be one Storm Titan, Dragon Titan, and Frost Titan, or they were the only ones that master Storm, Fire and Ice in the Spiral, do you?

I mean, wherever there are those, there should also be Myth, Death, Life, and Balance Titans. Seriously, there should be. Just saying.
Thank ye!

I wasn't actually sure the Drakes were the same Drakes as the ones in Dragonspyre.I do await the return of the Prawns....

And as for there being a Titan for the Spiritual Schools,I highly doubt it.

Because Myth,Death and Life or Mind,Body and Spirit,with sources in Imagination,Fear and Song(Rhythm?):So the very internal nature of these does not allow for Titans,because Mind,Body and Spirit come from mortals,not Titans.But that is a debate for another forum(and I'm sorry OEJ/BA for getting too off topic)

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
The Hoodoo Master on Nov 6, 2014 wrote:
Thank ye!

I wasn't actually sure the Drakes were the same Drakes as the ones in Dragonspyre.I do await the return of the Prawns....

And as for there being a Titan for the Spiritual Schools,I highly doubt it.

Because Myth,Death and Life or Mind,Body and Spirit,with sources in Imagination,Fear and Song(Rhythm?):So the very internal nature of these does not allow for Titans,because Mind,Body and Spirit come from mortals,not Titans.But that is a debate for another forum(and I'm sorry OEJ/BA for getting too off topic)
What? Wizard101 mentions legendary creatures that represent Ravenwood's three schools of Fire, Ice, and Storm, so why didn't anyone mention more legendary creatures that represent Life, Myth, Death, and Balance, Ravenwood's other four classes, to even them out, in a matter of speaking? Didn't anyone think of that? It's nothing major or anything. I was just wondering about that.

It's just this one small thought that's been on my mind as I progressed through that game's storyline, and no doubt this may be on some who may think of the exact thought. Just saying.

I just really don't think these legendary creatures that represent these three types of the game's classes would be the only ones that represent these types in the Spiral.

Would anybody else thinks otherwise? If anyone does, I'm not complaining about that.

Debating, you can settle anywhere else.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
What if they came from Celestia? Or maybe a new world called Prawnia? It would be really epic to find out where they came from.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
Trimond297 on Nov 6, 2014 wrote:
What? Wizard101 mentions legendary creatures that represent Ravenwood's three schools of Fire, Ice, and Storm, so why didn't anyone mention more legendary creatures that represent Life, Myth, Death, and Balance, Ravenwood's other four classes, to even them out, in a matter of speaking? Didn't anyone think of that? It's nothing major or anything. I was just wondering about that.

It's just this one small thought that's been on my mind as I progressed through that game's storyline, and no doubt this may be on some who may think of the exact thought. Just saying.

I just really don't think these legendary creatures that represent these three types of the game's classes would be the only ones that represent these types in the Spiral.

Would anybody else thinks otherwise? If anyone does, I'm not complaining about that.

I think the reason there aren't any titans for the other four schools is because they're a combined result of Fire, Ice, and Storm. Think of it like a color wheel, you'd need to combine red and yellow to make orange or yellow and blue to make green. The "spark of life" was created from Fire and Storm, the "cold energy of undeath" was created from Ice and Storm, the "shadowy forms of myth" were created from Fire and Ice, and Balance is a combination of it all. However, if there were (to be) titans for the other schools, Life would be a Centaur, Myth would be a Minotaur, Death would be a Wraith, and Balance would be a Hydra.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Trimond297 on Nov 6, 2014 wrote:

Ah...well,do not worry.Everyone is free to express their opinion,of course.

Now,about the reason why there are no Titans for most schools.

Simply put,Bartleby mentions the creation of the Three Titans of Fire,Ice and Storm.He does not mention the other three.
Fire magic uses incantations,to channel raw emotion and use it to dominate creatures of fire.

Ice magic uses chants,channeling their own persistence and willingness to push forth,to plead with creatures of Frost.
Storm magic uses verses,to channel inspiration and advancement,the willingness to change and improve,to entrance creatures of storm.

These three have a few things in common.They use will,to change the world around them,by using words to ally themselves with creatures corresponding to the element in question.

So,these three rely on their Titan's creations,as well as their own will(be it through the will to improve,will to press forth,or will coming from raw emotions).

Now,looking at the spiritual schools,
Myth magic involves imagination.Taking ideas of old,and mixing them with whatever you can conceive,relying on minions.It involves the whimsical and the imaginative,far from storm's reliance on science and proof.All of these ideas are asigned true names,which are then used to summon them,and control them.

All things pass.Death represents not just the transition from life to death,and death to undeath,it also symbolizes any change.Every day,one version of you die and a new one,better one is born.This causes fear in one:there will come a time when you are not yourself.This innate fear is pulled on by whispers and movements and used to cast spells.

There is an eternal song that brings anything and everything into existence.If one can learn to use tiny bits of this song,and create songs on their own,then they will be able to create.And using these songs,and the aid of Fay to cast spells.

Song,Imagination,and Fear.Creation,Preservation,and Destruction.Brahma,Vishnu and Shiva.These things are always present.So,why would there be need of a Titan to invent it?

And on another level,you could say that Bartleby sung everything into existence,with Life magic.

And Lady Nightstar has weaved magic,and watched over the history of mortals,and has altered history(as in,repairing fragments of the old world into the Spiral),with Myth magic.

And...Death?I'd obviously put Grandfather Spider but that's not something confirmed so I will refrain from saying anything.

Balance magic is...a bit more confusing and I'm running out of characters.There is a guide called Understanding Balance which may help,but for now,let me just say:

1.This is my biased opinion;not all I say makes sense nor is it all pure gold.

2.This isn't really the place to discuss this,though,I don't know a better place to do it!

3.If OEJ/BA decide not to post this due to thread hijacking,I completely understand.

With that,I state all that I can state,and I listen all that I can listen.

Blessings and Giggles on you!

Noble Felix Yellowfish

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Noble Tyler Strong on Nov 6, 2014 wrote:
What if they came from Celestia? Or maybe a new world called Prawnia? It would be really epic to find out where they came from.
Well....we know that they were in Skull Island before the ''Coming of the Sharks'', which means they were there before the crabs and sharks came from Celestia....right?

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
The Hoodoo Master on Nov 7, 2014 wrote:
Well....we know that they were in Skull Island before the ''Coming of the Sharks'', which means they were there before the crabs and sharks came from Celestia....right?
That doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't from Celestia, it just means that they were in Skull Island before the sharks came.