Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What's the purpose of a free trader?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
You see these traders at almost every hub in the game. They usually sell a piece of equipment with one stat built in. There are other vendors in the specific zone that sell superior gear(by superior as in more stats). So what's the purpose of a free trader? Do they sell equipment for less or what?

Finally, give me a little history here. What's a free trader? Contrary to their name, they don't giveaway free equipment. (Har har...)

Lieutenant
Oct 01, 2010
Free Traders are the only vendors whom you can sell Treasures to. Treasures are currently only available from the Tribal Crew Pack. Some Treasures are more valuable than others. Other than that, Free Traders are just like any other vendor.

Developer
They're conveniently located, they'll buy anything, and they usually sell a couple of things you can use for stitching if you're brand new to a world. (Or you can just peruse their stock to see what kind of outfits are available in the new world.)

There's at least a couple more cool and interesting things I would like for them to do-- but so far those feature requests have not made it into the schedule!

See? There's stuff that I would like, and I can't have everything I want, either!

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
Ratbeard on Mar 26, 2014 wrote:
They're conveniently located, they'll buy anything, and they usually sell a couple of things you can use for stitching if you're brand new to a world. (Or you can just peruse their stock to see what kind of outfits are available in the new world.)

There's at least a couple more cool and interesting things I would like for them to do-- but so far those feature requests have not made it into the schedule!

See? There's stuff that I would like, and I can't have everything I want, either!
Alright, I see. Well, thank you Ratbeard and Admiral for the explanation.

Heh, also yeah you're right Ratbeard. We all share the pain of not having everything we want. Maybe, except wealthy people...or the president... or the C.I.A... ah you get the point.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
CoolRebon on Mar 27, 2014 wrote:
Alright, I see. Well, thank you Ratbeard and Admiral for the explanation.

Heh, also yeah you're right Ratbeard. We all share the pain of not having everything we want. Maybe, except wealthy people...or the president... or the C.I.A... ah you get the point.
Who says you can't have everything you want? All I need is a tall ship and a star to steer her by and I'm perfectly content. Yarrr!