What is a Musketeer?

1
AuthorMessage
Developer
What is a Musketeer?
Musketeers are expert marksmen, who use their mastery of firearms and trick shots to win battles. Musketeers damage their enemies at long range and keep them at a distance with traps and obstacles, denying foes any chance for hand-to-hand combat.

If you are a Musketeer, look for ways to boost your AGILITY

Ensign
Jun 16, 2009
22
Re: What is a Musketeer?
I rather boost my resist and health but this is a neat class!

Ensign
Nov 04, 2010
26
Re: What is a Musketeer?
Musketeers unite! One of my favorite classes of all time! I love this game so much! KI added a great new class.

Lieutenant
Apr 26, 2009
198
Re: What is a Musketeer?
We have a nice shot at being awesome at this game. (pun intended)

Ensign
Sep 10, 2008
5
Re: What is a Musketeer?
musketeer is a really good secondary for my privateer because when i'm fully healed with armor on, it's always cool to guess where the enemy goes and land a 400 dmg hit.

Captain
May 02, 2009
521
Re: What is a Musketeer?
Ol Fish Eye on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:
Musketeers are expert marksmen, who use their mastery of firearms and trick shots to win battles. Musketeers damage their enemies at long range and keep them at a distance with traps and obstacles, denying foes any chance for hand-to-hand combat.

If you are a Musketeer, look for ways to boost your AGILITY
I like musketeers but I'm more of a melee person, but I have seen how awesome higher lvl musketeers can be which is why I like musketeers.

Ensign
Oct 22, 2011
2
Re: What is a Musketeer?
musketeers are cool! realy good in battle!

Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
31
Re: What is a Musketeer?
coolster50 on Nov 22, 2012 wrote:
I like musketeers but I'm more of a melee person, but I have seen how awesome higher lvl musketeers can be which is why I like musketeers.
This is perhaps a few months on the late side but as far as I am aware, if you have a shooty/stabby (i.e. sword and pistol) weapon, you'll still have access to all your Gun Fu skills and shots, while turning into essentially a melee character. And shooty/stabby weapons also get bonuses for agility, so you won't lose anything in terms of damage.

"And now gentlemen, all for one, one for all -- that is our motto, is it not?" -D'Artagnan, The Three Musketeers

Ensign
Nov 12, 2012
1
Re: What is a Musketeer?
musketeers are the best any beginners should be one or else death by

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
270
Re: What is a Musketeer?
fleedo1 on Feb 6, 2013 wrote:
musketeers are the best any beginners should be one or else death by
Fair point but what happens when a pirate with great dodge who can get to you in one turn comes along?

C. G. Deverux LvL 43 swashbuckler

Petty Officer
Jan 18, 2013
55
Re: What is a Musketeer?
Griffen Deverux on Mar 12, 2013 wrote:
Fair point but what happens when a pirate with great dodge who can get to you in one turn comes along?

C. G. Deverux LvL 43 swashbuckler
doesn't matter, Musketeers rule!

Ensign
Nov 23, 2012
2
Re: What is a Musketeer?
To me, the musketeer is probably the 1st or 2nd best. I like them because, when I used one, I almost never died (or at least was the last one to die). It makes the game more enjoyable for me, because I never have to rage because of dying that often. When I switched over to swashbuckler or buccaneer, I started to die a lot more often. I personally think that musketeer is the best.

Level 26

Ensign
Sep 10, 2010
7
Re: What is a Musketeer?
I am a musketeer a would like to know what you think I should use my practice points on. Thanks


First Mate
May 01, 2012
440
Re: What is a Musketeer?
The first one I would use for Rouse (Privateer). After that, it is up to you (I usually continue the Privateer stuff until I get Refresh). I personally prefer to keep my Musketeer in the rear of the action if I can so I tend to go towards WitchDoctor spells. Since a portion (maybe most of it) Musketeer arsenal deals Magical Damage, you want to keep your Will fairly high anyway. It is nice once and awhile (at the higher levels) to be able to use the Shooty/Slashy weapons and attack the enemy hand-to-hand, but not necessary. There is now also a Shooty/Staffy weapon, but I am not familiar with that (saw it in the Test Realm).

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
881
Re: What is a Musketeer?
I'm a Musketeer myself, and it doesn't necessarily make me happy to see so little Musketeers. They're all for Swashbuckler because of the damage and dodge...

I just love this class. I love how amusing it is to be able to hit the enemy when they can't hit me for a turn or so. Unless they're Musketeers themselves, of course.

The traps are useful too! It delays the enemies gettin' to ya and lets you kill them faster.

Sneaky Emma Everhart (I'm a Musketeer and Swashbuckler in case ya didn't notice)

Ensign
Jun 10, 2012
9
Re: What is a Musketeer?
Can musket get a power where they summon a turrent tht does damage to the people around it for like 2 turns or something.

Like in the battle in the Winchester skyway at the armada stronghold where you destroy the machines they have those turrets that do alot of damage. I think muskets with a won suit from a boss battle should have that power it would be cool.

Sly pearl Jordan (lvl. 58 witchdoctor)

Ensign
Aug 05, 2012
7
Re: What is a Musketeer?
Muscketeers are awesome I mean I hit 967 a few days ago 986 yesterday

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
31
Re: What is a Musketeer?
fleedo1 on Feb 6, 2013 wrote:
musketeers are the best any beginners should be one or else death by
you're wrong they're all equals

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
31
Re: What is a Musketeer?
PirateCreeper12 on May 21, 2013 wrote:
To me, the musketeer is probably the 1st or 2nd best. I like them because, when I used one, I almost never died (or at least was the last one to die). It makes the game more enjoyable for me, because I never have to rage because of dying that often. When I switched over to swashbuckler or buccaneer, I started to die a lot more often. I personally think that musketeer is the best.

Level 26
on my swash i died like three times the whole game and im in mooshu

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
31
Re: What is a Musketeer?
Highlander Fox of ... on May 31, 2013 wrote:
I'm a Musketeer myself, and it doesn't necessarily make me happy to see so little Musketeers. They're all for Swashbuckler because of the damage and dodge...

I just love this class. I love how amusing it is to be able to hit the enemy when they can't hit me for a turn or so. Unless they're Musketeers themselves, of course.

The traps are useful too! It delays the enemies gettin' to ya and lets you kill them faster.

Sneaky Emma Everhart (I'm a Musketeer and Swashbuckler in case ya didn't notice)
i actually see a lot more privateers and musks than swash

Bold Seamus Percy

Ensign
Feb 05, 2012
9
Re: What is a Musketeer?
Epic when I land a 800 damage attack and kill 5 enemies at once Level 30

Ensign
Jun 24, 2012
11
Re: What is a Musketeer?
Musketeers are great.Me and my other musketeer friend went against two buccaneers (2vs2) and we won!
Even when they had reckless frenzy.

Ensign
Feb 14, 2009
3
Re: What is a Musketeer?
Griffen Deverux on Mar 12, 2013 wrote:
Fair point but what happens when a pirate with great dodge who can get to you in one turn comes along?

C. G. Deverux LvL 43 swashbuckler
Musketeers have skills that can reduce dodge, set a barrier, and surround themselves with bombs, and knock others into traps with high damage ( if high enough ), and hit many enemies at once with powers that can double their damage without a critical. Plus there dodge and speed increases after their heal goes down below half.

Canny George Davenport LvL 63 Musketeer

P.S. Have Fun!

Ensign
Jan 23, 2010
4
Re: What is a Musketeer?
If you are referring to real life musketeers, they don't have those accuracy skills and all that. An actual life musket takes time to reload and is actually inaccurate. Musketeers are people who shoot with a musket and sometimes they have bayonets on them. I think the British and French have muskets

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
207
Re: What is a Musketeer?
The Right Fielder on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
i actually see a lot more privateers and musks than swash

Bold Seamus Percy
When was the last time you played???

Rachel - Level 47

1