Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What Happened to "Standard's"?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 14, 2012
An open question to Ratbeard , One-eyed Jack or (anyone else)

Many many months ago when the Empire Bundle came out, everybody was all excited about the -Imperator's Standard- and what it could do and be used for. We were told that this is a new aspect of combat that was being introduced to the game. New standards were coming and we ( read I) got pumped and ready for this new addition. Since then not a peep about the standard. (cricket chirp...chirp...chirp) No new ones have been added and in fact its like they never even existed a few weeks after that bundle made the scene. I can count on one hand the players I have seen use it in the last several months. So Ratbeard, One-eyed Jack, any thoughts or updates on the "Standard"

Thank you and see you in the Spiral.

Happy Jose Hawkins 65

Duncan 60

Adam 35

Developer
So far we've released two (the Imperator's Standard and Baron Samedi's Standard) and yes, more are on the way (some probably sooner than you think...)

I am currently using Baron Samedi's standard on my own Witchdoctor playthrough-- yeah, it's overkill-- but I enjoy having all undead companions!

Bosun
May 10, 2010
I know there is an Imperial Standard, not sure what it does exactly.
I know there is a HooDoo Bundle Standard that enhances undead, although, I wish they would be a lot more informative on what these standards did and who they work with.
I also know there is supposed to be a new standard in Test Realm that is a drop, although that is all I know about it, as nobody has talked about it on the message boards.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ratbeard on Aug 26, 2014 wrote:
So far we've released two (the Imperator's Standard and Baron Samedi's Standard) and yes, more are on the way (some probably sooner than you think...)

I am currently using Baron Samedi's standard on my own Witchdoctor playthrough-- yeah, it's overkill-- but I enjoy having all undead companions!
Ooh, I do hope that one of them is that Aztecosaur Battle Standard you mentioned and possibly hinted at a while back. My dino crew sure would like to take it for a test drive! Either way, exciting to hear that more may be on the way soon!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Darth JT on Aug 26, 2014 wrote:
I know there is an Imperial Standard, not sure what it does exactly.
I know there is a HooDoo Bundle Standard that enhances undead, although, I wish they would be a lot more informative on what these standards did and who they work with.
I also know there is supposed to be a new standard in Test Realm that is a drop, although that is all I know about it, as nobody has talked about it on the message boards.
The Imperator's Standard buffs accuracy of any Bird companion ( I assume this also includes Cool Ranch chickens as well as Aquilan eagles ) within the affected area.
Not sure what the Baron Samedi standard does, since I don't have one.

Ensign
Apr 14, 2012
Thanks Ratbeard, DarthJT and anyone else who post on the board. I did realize after I posted the original tread that the HooDoo Bundle had a standard but it was too late to edit. I may have to go check that standard out (HooDoo). I am glad to hear that the standards may play a more significant role in the future and this dropped one(Darth) I hope it makes it to live realm. I agree we need more info on the impact the might have to the game.

Thanks again,
Happy Jose

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 26, 2014 wrote:
Ooh, I do hope that one of them is that Aztecosaur Battle Standard you mentioned and possibly hinted at a while back. My dino crew sure would like to take it for a test drive! Either way, exciting to hear that more may be on the way soon!
Well your Dino crew would surely benefit from the Hoodoo one as I think they would all be considered undead.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 27, 2014 wrote:
Well your Dino crew would surely benefit from the Hoodoo one as I think they would all be considered undead.
Ooh, I thought that only zombie-fied, ghostly, Hoodoo-ey and/or no-meat-on-the-bones types were undead. I knew thedinos were unwed, well didn't see any rings anyways, and definitely not unfed-- but undead, I hadn't even considered that. I may just have to visit 'The Mart' soon. Thanks Chrissy!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 27, 2014 wrote:
Ooh, I thought that only zombie-fied, ghostly, Hoodoo-ey and/or no-meat-on-the-bones types were undead. I knew thedinos were unwed, well didn't see any rings anyways, and definitely not unfed-- but undead, I hadn't even considered that. I may just have to visit 'The Mart' soon. Thanks Chrissy!
Well now that I think of it, Just the bony one the Witchdoctor one, Chilam Bak. Sorry bout that.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 27, 2014 wrote:
Sorry Chrissy,
Only the Skeletal Dinosaur Witchdoctor companion is "undead" for the benefit of Baron Samedi's Standard. It's been stated on a previous post on this forum. With an effective range of 1 instead of the 2 range enjoyed by the Bird Standard, I haven't had as much success with it, but both standards are indeed powerful in PvE.

Much of the excitement that the standards initially generated has died down for 3 reasons:
1) The standards perform poorly in PvP So what? They're still great in PvE, especially farming, if used well.
2) Most players you "pick-up" in the game will not cooperate with a standard-based tactics scheme. You really need to do a little planning and cooperating to maximize the benefit of standards in battle. This includes Card-stacking and companion choice beforehand as well as unit positioning in battle. So I only try to use Standards when I play with my special friends.
3) The most powerful benefit from the Standards can only be enjoyed if it is planted in "Enemy Territory". This intentional stipulation, along with Pirate talent being active in "Enemy territory" completely changes how I play battles when I use a standard.