Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What exactly does battle zeal do?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 29, 2011
All the card on battle zeal says is "Increased accuracy" without any specific meaning. I'm lvl 47 and i'm excited for lvl 50, but I can't be too excited about the spell I get if I have no real idea of what it does. Esprit de corps is accuracy AND dodge, why is battle zeal only accuracy? I can only get that its + 50% accuracy.

It would help if i got some answers from pirate101 staff. ( I was also curious about how my second barrage spell sometimes does as much damage as my third biraage spell)

Developer
Quick Mycin Ashbur... on Nov 10, 2012 wrote:
All the card on battle zeal says is "Increased accuracy" without any specific meaning. I'm lvl 47 and i'm excited for lvl 50, but I can't be too excited about the spell I get if I have no real idea of what it does. Esprit de corps is accuracy AND dodge, why is battle zeal only accuracy? I can only get that its + 50% accuracy.

It would help if i got some answers from pirate101 staff. ( I was also curious about how my second barrage spell sometimes does as much damage as my third biraage spell)
I've just finished revising all of the text on powers so that their function is (hopefully!) more clear. You should see these changes next time we have a regular update window.

Look at the cards carefully. The four icons in the corners of the card show duration, range, type of effect, and area of effect. The improvements from rank to rank are not always simply increased damage, and may be reflected here: longer duration, different area-of-effect shapes, and so on.

And, although the higher ranks of a spell are always better than the previous rank, you can also think of them as another "charge" of the power. When you get to Mooshu, the battles can last a long time and you definitely don't want to run out of powers.

Now to your specific questions:

1) Battle Zeal provides +50% Accuracy and +50% Dodge.

2) In the case of Barrage, the highest level of the spell has the greatest chance of leaving fires burning when you use them over enemy territory.