Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

WD's Ocuboros Questions

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
Hi KI,

Its me once again with another WD question.

WHATS with Ocuboros?

I can deal with the way it works with the line attacks thats fine and ive learned to crowd enemies into lines to make this skill somewhat useful in terms of AOE buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt what gives with the low damage?

Its a skill obtained at level 50 and tbh its damage is not great infact i can deal the same damage with Mojo Blast a skill obtained at level 18 if not more.

Ive used it several times and have always counted up the damage from the 3 hits (sometimes its just 2 with 3rd only showing 0) and its rather weak.

Correct me if im wrong but Ocuboros is a WD ONLY skill it can't be found on any gear and can't be learned outside of WD so why is it that we get the low damage skill exclusive to us while our more powerful skill like Mojo Blade can be picked up on gear?

If there is a reason behind this then ok explain it to me cuz at this point i don't see the reason and if im wrong and Ocuboros can be found on other class gear then show me cuz ive yet to see any other class use it(let alone other WDs)

PS. i believe that each class exclusive skill should be more powerful then the rest i mean after all only your class can obtain that skill so shouldn't it be a bit stronger

(The Blakes)
Cruel Darius Blake()
Ruthless Phillip Blake()
Gruesome Devin Blake()

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
Community Leader
I agree, Ocuboros does seem under-powered, even compared to its "earlier" straight-line attack Witchdoctor cousins. (Of course, now I can't remember the power names - one's a single eye that zaps through the enemy line, the other is a hand with a laser beam coming out of the palm.) Any way, it seems those earlier versions always do more damage per target than the earlier versions of the same/similar power.

Ratbeard, perhaps your crew could go over the fight logs & number crunch to make sure Ocuboros is working properly?

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
I fit's doing 0 damage, then thats a issue and you should report it so it can be fixed, also the spell is alos gicen by the water guardian staff, thats all i know.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
AstroStorm on Apr 18, 2013 wrote:
I fit's doing 0 damage, then thats a issue and you should report it so it can be fixed, also the spell is alos gicen by the water guardian staff, thats all i know.
the damage is a issue all together.

As for the guardian staff pirate101central wiki says it gives a skill called "Rime of the Mariner" superior bolt that leaves Ice Obstacles in the Path

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
Can someone clear something up for me about the effects of this card?

It says:

Superior Damage
bolt/educes mojo

Is it supposed to be educes (to draw or bring out)? In which case would that mean that it would educe mojo for my pirate when I use this spell on ANY class of enemy?

Or is it a typo and supposed to be reduces (to lower in degree)? In which case I would really only want to use this on enemies (mostly other Witchdoctors) who have mojo type spells like Mojo Echo, Improved Mojo Blast, etc. to prevent them from casting so much on my own pirate.

Can someone please clarify this for me?

Thanks,
~SM~

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
SorceressMiklai on Jun 4, 2013 wrote:

It says:

Superior Damage
bolt/educes mojo

Is it supposed to be educes (to draw or bring out)? In which case would that mean that it would educe mojo for my pirate when I use this spell on ANY class of enemy?

Or is it a typo and supposed to be reduces (to lower in degree)? In which case I would really only want to use this on enemies (mostly other Witchdoctors) who have mojo type spells like Mojo Echo, Improved Mojo Blast, etc. to prevent them from casting so much on my own pirate.

Thanks,
~SM~
It reduces mojo so its a type-o

I would guess it would be ideal against other witchdoctors even thou it seems to trigger on bucks also

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
CaptainBlackBart on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
It reduces mojo so its a type-o

I would guess it would be ideal against other witchdoctors even thou it seems to trigger on bucks also
I used this on the Tengu Sorcerers in the Valley of the Titans (collecting the Jade Egg) yesterday and it DIDN'T reduce their mojo at all! In fact, one of them even had TWO Mojo Echos after his initial hit.

The same thing with the Tengu in the Dread Droga battle happened.

So maybe it's not working as intended? Cause the only thing I've really seen it do is the triple damage per enemy it hits even though the mouseover shows that they have reduced Mojoin their buff/debuff section.

~SM~

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
I believe the reduce mojo is reduced damage.

same as what witchhunter does.

I must have miss understood what you was fully asking my fault i was tired when i seen the question lol

Administrator
SorceressMiklai on Jun 4, 2013 wrote:

It says:

Superior Damage
bolt/educes mojo

Thanks,
~SM~
Thanks for your report! We will definitely be fixing the misspelling found on this power card.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
Thanks for your report! We will definitely be fixing the misspelling found on this power card.
Aye Jack, be sure to correct the spelling on the Stormzilla's Tooth Item and Water Guardian's Staff, both of which have the same unfortunate spelling error.