Wait, didn't Bishop Outlaw ALL magic?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 15, 2010
36
Also everyone realize that the rediscovery of wizard magic is a relatively new event. Torrence the storm tree mentions that before Headmaster Ambrose found Bartleby that storm magic was all but forgotten. Also one of the Marleybone history books mentions that even the discovery of wizard city was even more recent. Despite the massive number of Wizard101 players, wizards are an unusual sight in the Spiral. The Armada probably doesn’t care about wizards since they don’t cross paths enough to be considered a threat. As long as wizards do not interfere with their plans they will probably ignore them, at least until Kane’s grand design is ready…

As for an actual war, I think it’s too close to call. While wizards are clearly more powerful in a hand to hand fight, the Armada has the advantages of range and naval power. In Azteca when the player needs to travel to a different island; their transportation was an enchanted log that makes the raft pirates start with look like a galleon. Considering that wizards probably don't sail much If the Armada were to stay in their ships and pound away with cannon fire (or more terrifying produce another Beachhead) they may have a chance to force the wizard to surrender.

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
149
Quentin Atherton on Jun 28, 2013 wrote:
Your forget about the Spiral Doors. The are likely to attack through Mooshu again through that door, and burn down Bartleby from the inside, a sneak attack the wizards might not expect from a bunch of automatons like the Armada, and Rooke would be leading the attack this way the wizards' spells will just ricochet off his shield and at other wizards. Here is what is going to happen IF they invade and everything goes without a hitch and according to plan:

Deacon: Fools, you dare doubt the might of the Armada?

Ambros: Face it you mechanical monster, you have lost!

Deacon: Oh, have I? Alright everyone, FORWARD MARCH!

-Bartleby burns down and clockworks march out-

Ambros: Barlteby, NO! Your going to pay for that -casts lightning bats-

Rooke: -Defends Deacon and lightning bats ricochet off of shield and at Cyrus Drake-

Cyrus: -spasms from electrical charge and feints-

Ambros: Oh no, everyone run for your lives, we have to get out of here.

Arthur Weathersfield: I got Cyrus, lets get to the boats before we are captured.

Bishop: AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, WHO CAN STOP US NOW?!
Rooke is destroyed as well as Deacon.

Only wizards can use Spiral doors, so the Armada would have to attack with a navy. It's been made pretty clear that the Armada Clockworks, including pirates, are inferior to wizards. Bartleby wouldn't be destroyed just by fire. He's an extremely powerful source of magic and wouldn't be beaten that easily.

In the whole Wizard vs Clockwork or Pirate debate, wizards would always win. Remember Stupendor X Vs. Stormzilla? Yeah, Stormzilla can be consider one of a Diviner's weaker spells. Unless the Armada can summon something like a Sun Serpent or a Storm Lord, they honestly stand no chance against wizards. Merle Ambrose has had thousands of years of experience in magic and could wipe out the entire Armada in a matter of minutes if he wanted to.

The Armada is considered part of the outer world. The outer world stays out of wizard affairs for obvious reasons and vice-versa. That's why the PC in P101 has no clue about the whole Malistaire falling out and the whole Morganthe army issue.

They mention Malistaire in MooShu, but call him a "powerful Necromancer." Not "Former Death Professor of Ravenwood." During the Malistaire Arc in Ms, the common civilians assumed an "evil powerful Necromancer" had lay a curse on their Emperor and that was all.

In all honesty it's been made pretty obvious that wizards are the most powerful beings in the Spiral. The Armada stays out of their way for very very clear reasons.

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
149
Quentin Atherton on Jan 31, 2013 wrote:
May I remind you about something you forgot?THE ARMADA SHIPS ARE MADE OF METAL
Your'e assuming metal resists magic. Please explain where you heard that? Fire burns metal easily and electricity can hit the metal burning the sails.

Another thing. Who said you can sail to Wizard City? Blind Mew said that not all worlds can be reached through sailing.

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
149
ClockworkMage on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
I think you're all underestimating the power of the Armada. Kane would not simply order all his forces to blindly charge into Ravenwood. Just look at Bishop's puppet scene. If The Armada bothered to attack Wizard City, Bishop would likely cook up a sinister plan... like burning down Bartleby and sending battalions of Dragoons and Angels to attack via the caves connecting Triton, Firecat, and Cyclops Lane.
Can we set something straight right now?

Bartleby is an extremely powerful source of magic. Fire won't just kill him. He's a tree, but he's a magic tree. The Headmaster almost definitely has powerful enchantments protecting Bartleby due to the falling out with Malistaire.

Ravenwood is full of powerful wizards. The PC in W101 is an obvious example. Aside from Ambrose Greyrose is the second strongest wizard in Ravenwood, followed by Cyrus Drake or Falmea.

Bishop doesn't use real magic. He uses artificial Hoodoo. He's a Technomancer. You can't compare the PC from W101 and P101 as equal in power, even at the same levels. The PC from W101 has actually saved worlds from destruction and has seen them be literally destroyed by magic. Azteca is a perfect example of Morganthe's power too. You think she'd let some toy soldiers destroy her former school? Heck no.

Ambrose also has banishing spells. He casted one on Morganthe preventing her from attacking Gamma before we headed to Avalon.

The PC in W101 could take Kane 1v1 at Grandmaster. You can't look at the Armada to have the same kind of threat level to the enemies in Wizard101. That's like saying who would win, The Army or a group of powerful magic users. Despite how far technology has come, you can't beat magic. Bishop himself uses artificial magic because he is unable to use the real thing. While Bishop has advanced Technology against a real wizard, he wouldn't stand a chance.

The PC in P101 is as strong as they were when they escaped the Armada prison ship. They've just become more experienced and skilled.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Lucas, Loved your word "Technomancer" As a fellow wordsmith I love hearing a new word that is so perfect at describing what is formally indescribable that it will settle into common usage at first utterance. Well done.
If this is a word commonly used before in gaming and then this is my first time seeing it, then I'm a dork . Nonetheless a very impressed dork.

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
35
All they need to do is join with malistare then all the evil over lords are happy!

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
35
I think it would be an epic battle yes but the Armada would win once word gets out that Kane plans an attack Wizard City who do you think will show up our old Friend.....Malistare although Bishop might not like it Kane will join with him Malistare will ivade causing destuction on higher level wizards and his minions will go for the lower levels while kane Attacks from his boats using the horns to match the wizards spells
and that is what will happen But what will happen when thy both claim Wizard city as there own?

!!!!!!!!!!!! Kane vs Malistare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
211
I think it is fairly safe to say that wizards have this in the bag particularly considering this. Remember the Aquilan Immortals? The guys pirates only saw as statues...yeah

Lieutenant
May 08, 2010
127
they might of but we witchdoctors are outlaws to the armanda ( since bishop arrested me ) i defeated him on beachhead and he escaped but when bishop arrested me to the armanda rooke was with bishop then took me to deacon ( a noob) lol then boochbeard saved me i was about to kill kane with a dragon i summoned then bishop weakned me :( even since that day i been seeking revenge.

they shall never win never! the resistaice will make the armanda powerless!

two faced terry cog level 60 witchodoctor castler :D

victorus henri fluke level 43 avenged.

Lieutenant
May 08, 2010
127
Ruthless Caleb Gun... on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
I think it would be an epic battle yes but the Armada would win once word gets out that Kane plans an attack Wizard City who do you think will show up our old Friend.....Malistare although Bishop might not like it Kane will join with him Malistare will ivade causing destuction on higher level wizards and his minions will go for the lower levels while kane Attacks from his boats using the horns to match the wizards spells
and that is what will happen But what will happen when thy both claim Wizard city as there own?

!!!!!!!!!!!! Kane vs Malistare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
malistaire died in dragonsprye and i think went away again in azetca,

Ensign
Jul 10, 2009
46
Lucas Walker on Jun 30, 2013 wrote:
Your'e assuming metal resists magic. Please explain where you heard that? Fire burns metal easily and electricity can hit the metal burning the sails.

Another thing. Who said you can sail to Wizard City? Blind Mew said that not all worlds can be reached through sailing.
Bladur GoldPaws sailed into Wizard City.

Ivette Xavier, Witchdoctor (29)

Ensign
Dec 13, 2008
4
RiverWhooshP101 on Dec 6, 2012 wrote:
wait, are we sure these are even in the same time period? Like, while pirate101 is happening, our wizard's time could of passed, or the other way around.
In Mooshu, you arive and find out that Malistaire has put the Emperor down for his nap, so you know that the wizard is there at almost exactly the same time.

Long Live the Resistance!

Kevin Zest

Ensign
Jun 24, 2012
11
Who'd like to see Bishop and Morganthe go in a clash.Or here minions and the armada clash leading up to their fight.I'd yar this comment.

Ensign
Nov 07, 2012
29
RiverWhooshP101 on Dec 26, 2012 wrote:
I don't really talk to blind mew, but zeke is solid evidence about the time period they're in.
Ya Zeke is the same but what about the libraian? I remember him saying "Hello young wizard...I mean pirate." Then something like sorry I'm still getting used to this so that means it's after w101

Little Nessa Lanyard lvl 47

from a

Gunner's Mate
Apr 19, 2012
292
cantorobrizar on Dec 8, 2012 wrote:
Wizards are stronger that pirates, and you have to remember how strong Bartleby must be. Plus the headmaster...
Nay lad. How do you know that the wizards powers even work outside of their little realm. Aren't witchdoctors a lot like wizards? My swashbuckler killed an enemy with 10,000 health in Aquila and lost almost zero health. Besides these aren't your average, everyday pirates. They are magical in nature as well. Our pirates are able to use magic. What do you think makes their ships fly? What are windstones if not magical? Don't a lot of our weapons do "magical" damage? Of course pirates are magical. They just manifest their magic differently. Magic cards that only have an 80% chance of hitting wouldn't work very well against a swashbucklers dodge. There is magic sprinkled throughput the Pirate101 world. Besides, if you want to stick to game parameters pirates have companions. A max level pirate with 3 max level companions would equal about 12,000 health. We have attacks that do almost 2,000 damage and we dodge attacks and can block damage or even disappear. Four attacks per round from our pirates would be more than your little wizards could withstand. Yarrr!

Wicked Erin, Self Appointed Unlimited Class World Swashbuckling Champion Supreme...aka...Wizard Slayer

Gunner's Mate
Apr 19, 2012
292
Lucas Walker on Jun 30, 2013 wrote:
Can we set something straight right now?

Bartleby is an extremely powerful source of magic. Fire won't just kill him. He's a tree, but he's a magic tree. The Headmaster almost definitely has powerful enchantments protecting Bartleby due to the falling out with Malistaire.

Ravenwood is full of powerful wizards. The PC in W101 is an obvious example. Aside from Ambrose Greyrose is the second strongest wizard in Ravenwood, followed by Cyrus Drake or Falmea.

Bishop doesn't use real magic. He uses artificial Hoodoo. He's a Technomancer. You can't compare the PC from W101 and P101 as equal in power, even at the same levels. The PC from W101 has actually saved worlds from destruction and has seen them be literally destroyed by magic. Azteca is a perfect example of Morganthe's power too. You think she'd let some toy soldiers destroy her former school? Heck no.

Ambrose also has banishing spells. He casted one on Morganthe preventing her from attacking Gamma before we headed to Avalon.

The PC in W101 could take Kane 1v1 at Grandmaster. You can't look at the Armada to have the same kind of threat level to the enemies in Wizard101. That's like saying who would win, The Army or a group of powerful magic users. Despite how far technology has come, you can't beat magic. Bishop himself uses artificial magic because he is unable to use the real thing. While Bishop has advanced Technology against a real wizard, he wouldn't stand a chance.

The PC in P101 is as strong as they were when they escaped the Armada prison ship. They've just become more experienced and skilled.
Nay lad. Advanced technology seems like magic to those who are unfamiliar with it. Technology uses the very laws upon which every action and reaction in the universe is governed by and they can't be altered or overcome. But it is apples and oranges. The 2 worlds could never meet with the current parameters the games have in place without being unfair to one or the other. Wizards are just as vulnerable to an arrow or cannon round as a regular person. The Armada's cannons would pound Wizard City into rubble. Also remember that our ships use powers like Ra, Seraph etc. Yup...we got us some magic too you know. The only reason some of you are confused is that Wizard101 has been around a lot longer than Pirate101 and so there are many more points of reference for you to base an argument on. Give Pirate101 some time. We'll catch up. Remember... these aren't some pirates from the Caribbean you are dealing with here. Nay! Yo-ho-ho we are the Pirates of the Spiral!!! And we rule the skyways!!! Yarr!!!

Wicked Erin, Self Appointed Unlimited Class World Swashbuckling Champion Supreme

P.S.
Don't get me wrong. I play Wizard101 too and I love that game...but don't be disrespectful to my pirates. There has to be a happy meeting place somewhere in the middle where the two could coexist on equitable terms.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
133
pirate chick on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
Ya Zeke is the same but what about the libraian? I remember him saying "Hello young wizard...I mean pirate." Then something like sorry I'm still getting used to this so that means it's after w101

Little Nessa Lanyard lvl 47

from a
Wrong! because mooshu is at the same time only different sun setting when wizards help the emperor and pirates fight the madness left of the emperor while trying to get information about the map. Any professors or people who meet your PC in either games will have some hard times adjusting to meeting someone different
Example: When wizards meet the hawk with the harp in hades, he have already ran into the pirates multiple times before and was still a little shell shocked.

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
70
Ok, let's get something straight.
1)Who said pirates aren't magical? Windstones are magical. Buffs are magical. Becoming invisible is magical.
2) Ok, you can sail to wizard city. Hey, Baldur Goldpaws or whatever his name is sailed into Wizard City. If a bear can sail into Wizard City, why can't Clockworks?
3)Ok, if the Armada went to head-on-head war with wizards, they'd easily lose. But that wouldn't happen. Kane's planning is too smart, and Bishop is inventing things of all sorts. If Bishop can invent Beachead, then why can't he invent blimps or nuclear bombs?
4)Don't yell at me for saying ok.
5)We can actually counter wizards. We can take out the whole Armada with our crew, so why not Wizard City?
6)Look at the Armada's forces AND the fact that they are making for clockworks as we speak.
7, the last and final point)Can't Bishop make a Anti-Magic Shield or a giant vacuum to suck up all the cards?
I hope this made my point clear that Armada could beat Wizards.

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
70
pirate chick on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
Ya Zeke is the same but what about the libraian? I remember him saying "Hello young wizard...I mean pirate." Then something like sorry I'm still getting used to this so that means it's after w101

Little Nessa Lanyard lvl 47

from a
If you haven't noticed, it's not the same dude. This is Desmond Argleston, and the librarian in Wizard101 is Harold Argleston.
And their are probably still tons of wizards besides your PC in wizard101, so...

SwashyThe Magnifecent Seventh

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
149
Spiral Cowboy on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
Nay lad. Advanced technology seems like magic to those who are unfamiliar with it. Technology uses the very laws upon which every action and reaction in the universe is governed by and they can't be altered or overcome. But it is apples and oranges. The 2 worlds could never meet with the current parameters the games have in place without being unfair to one or the other. Wizards are just as vulnerable to an arrow or cannon round as a regular person. The Armada's cannons would pound Wizard City into rubble. Also remember that our ships use powers like Ra, Seraph etc. Yup...we got us some magic too you know. The only reason some of you are confused is that Wizard101 has been around a lot longer than Pirate101 and so there are many more points of reference for you to base an argument on. Give Pirate101 some time. We'll catch up. Remember... these aren't some pirates from the Caribbean you are dealing with here. Nay! Yo-ho-ho we are the Pirates of the Spiral!!! And we rule the skyways!!! Yarr!!!

Wicked Erin, Self Appointed Unlimited Class World Swashbuckling Champion Supreme

P.S.
Don't get me wrong. I play Wizard101 too and I love that game...but don't be disrespectful to my pirates. There has to be a happy meeting place somewhere in the middle where the two could coexist on equitable terms.
I respectfully have to disagree.

Pirates have to use Ship Horn callings in order to summon what wizards can summon with their bare hands.

It honestly doesn't matter if Wizard101 has been around longer, if Pirate101 were made before Wizard101, my answer would stay the same. The wizards aren't regular beings. You're talking about powerful and extremely skilled magic-users that have extreme thresholds for pain.

You can't compare trick shots my Musketeer fires or the spirits my Witchdoctor calls to the Sun Serpents and Chimeras my Pyromancer and Sorcerer summon to their side. While we have Ship powers here on Pirate101, you can't compare them to what is summoned on Wizard101, even if they're the same creatures. If anything what the ships summon in Pirate101 could just be simple copies.

The creatures we summon in Wizard101 don't actually have to come. We've proved that we're strong enough to control them. That's why them come. They're actual living beings.

Remember how difficult is was for the PC's Crew on P101 to defeat that Stormzilla. A Stormzilla can be considered a simple spell for a Diviner to summon.

The PC's and co. on Pirate101 has a lot of skill and some mighty good luck, but you again cannot compare that to what the PC on Wizard101 has been through. Not to mention storyline-wise, the PC on W101 is doing this alone.

Let Morganthe constantly strike an Aquilan Galleon several times with Woolly Mammoth. I doubt the Galleon surviving that.

The PC on W101 has defeated immortal gods at their full strength (not to mention they also cheated). Despite all that the PC on W101 has yet to reach their full potential.

The PC on W101 has seen a realm destroyed literally, by just one person. I'm not disrespecting the PC and co. on P101. Like I said before, they're an amazing group of highly skilled, and rather lucky, pirates. But, you cannot compare that to the power of a skilled wizard, even at the Grandmaster or Legendary level.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 19, 2012
292
Lucas Walker on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
I respectfully have to disagree.

Pirates have to use Ship Horn callings in order to summon what wizards can summon with their bare hands.

It honestly doesn't matter if Wizard101 has been around longer, if Pirate101 were made before Wizard101, my answer would stay the same. The wizards aren't regular beings. You're talking about powerful and extremely skilled magic-users that have extreme thresholds for pain.

You can't compare trick shots my Musketeer fires or the spirits my Witchdoctor calls to the Sun Serpents and Chimeras my Pyromancer and Sorcerer summon to their side. While we have Ship powers here on Pirate101, you can't compare them to what is summoned on Wizard101, even if they're the same creatures. If anything what the ships summon in Pirate101 could just be simple copies.

The creatures we summon in Wizard101 don't actually have to come. We've proved that we're strong enough to control them. That's why them come. They're actual living beings.

Remember how difficult is was for the PC's Crew on P101 to defeat that Stormzilla. A Stormzilla can be considered a simple spell for a Diviner to summon.

The PC's and co. on Pirate101 has a lot of skill and some mighty good luck, but you again cannot compare that to what the PC on Wizard101 has been through. Not to mention storyline-wise, the PC on W101 is doing this alone.

Let Morganthe constantly strike an Aquilan Galleon several times with Woolly Mammoth. I doubt the Galleon surviving that.

The PC on W101 has defeated immortal gods at their full strength (not to mention they also cheated). Despite all that the PC on W101 has yet to reach their full potential.

The PC on W101 has seen a realm destroyed literally, by just one person. I'm not disrespecting the PC and co. on P101. Like I said before, they're an amazing group of highly skilled, and rather lucky, pirates. But, you cannot compare that to the power of a skilled wizard, even at the Grandmaster or Legendary level.
And I sir would counter that you are overestimating the power of your wizards. After recently going back to Wizard101 I now believe this more firmly than before. My Witchdoctor tames the same foes that my Storm Wizard deals with in Mooshu and handles them just as easily. My Swashbuckler dispatches many of the same enemies my level 70 Ice wizard does with ease. If wizards have such a high threshold for pain why does mine "yelp" after every hit. Wizards are good for casting spells. But against more than one adversary it becomes more difficult and requires more time and effort. That's why the multi-attacks and high damage spells require more pips. In a "free for all" battle your wizards would become disoriented. Pirates are used to battling against many more foes at once. Pirates can use their most powerful attacks whenever they choose and don't have to wait for pips to accumulate. In the time it takes for your wizard to gain the needed pips my Aquilan archer would have already let loose with several well placed arrows. When there are level 90 pirates you will see that they are closer to wizards in power than you think. One point I was trying make is that Pirate101 pirates are magical without even knowing it. It is in their nature. They are cut from the same cloth as your wizards. Woe to the wizards if the pirates ever figure this out. Then you would have a world full of warrior pirate wizards. Heh heh heh. Like to see your wizards deal with that. Wizards are for dueling...pirates are for conquest. End of story.

Oh and Stormzilla is a level 42 spell that requires 6 pips to cast...not a simple conjuring.

Wicked Erin, Self Appointed Unlimited Class World Swashbuckling Champion Supreme

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
149
Swashy0716 on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
Ok, let's get something straight.
1)Who said pirates aren't magical? Windstones are magical. Buffs are magical. Becoming invisible is magical.
2) Ok, you can sail to wizard city. Hey, Baldur Goldpaws or whatever his name is sailed into Wizard City. If a bear can sail into Wizard City, why can't Clockworks?
3)Ok, if the Armada went to head-on-head war with wizards, they'd easily lose. But that wouldn't happen. Kane's planning is too smart, and Bishop is inventing things of all sorts. If Bishop can invent Beachead, then why can't he invent blimps or nuclear bombs?
4)Don't yell at me for saying ok.
5)We can actually counter wizards. We can take out the whole Armada with our crew, so why not Wizard City?
6)Look at the Armada's forces AND the fact that they are making for clockworks as we speak.
7, the last and final point)Can't Bishop make a Anti-Magic Shield or a giant vacuum to suck up all the cards?
I hope this made my point clear that Armada could beat Wizards.
1. Pirates don't use magic. Buffs aren't magical, neither is the hidden ability. They're abilities, not magic. They're not spells, they could be technology for all we know. It's not magic.

2. The Armada could sail to Wizard City, they haven't for very clear reasons. Merle Ambrose banished Morganthe, an extremely skilled and powerful wizard, very easily. He could easily do the same to the Armada.

3. Bishop can invent as much mechanisms as he wants. It's not going to stop a school full of the most powerful magic users in the Spiral.

5. We didn't take the whole Armada out with our crew. We took a fleet out. The Armada clockworks could easily be destroyed by the spells used by the wizards in the Wizard City. You're placing the wizards at the same level as the Clockworks and mortals. Wizards are extremely powerful and can take an unbelievable amount hits. Pirates can't counter wizards, neither can the Armada.

6. Millions of powerful wizards live in Wizard City. We also have unlimited amounts of Reshuffle. Want to talk numbers, wizards may be outnumbered, but it takes one wizard to destroy an Armada Ship. They wouldn't be able to keep up.

7. If you're going to base it on cards, could the wizards not suck up the Power cards we use. They're magical cards so I highly doubt their going to be sucked up, hence why they seem to vanish into tin-air once they've been successfully casted.

You forget that wizards summon amazing legendary creatures to aid them in battle. Unlike the ship powers, those are the actual living versions of those creatures. The wizards have proven time and time again that they are powerful enough to cast the spells, which is why the creatures come once summoned. They don't have to come when we summon them.

Morganthe literally destroyed an entire realm, not just a small portion the entire actual thing, by herself. Azteca is huge and the wizards only visited what would be one Skyway of the realm. Morganthe destroyed the whole realm alone. Merle Ambrose is stronger, if not as strong as her. Who is to say he couldn't wipe the Armada out entirely if he wanted to? The professors are also unbelievably strong. The main character in W101 has shown time and time again that they're extremely powerful too. They defeated 3 gods at their full strength (Cyrus said they weren't holding back when we were headed for Tartarus). Those 3 gods also cheated. The PC in W101 has yet to reach their full potential. Given enough aid and pushed to extreme limits they could wipe the Armada out as well.

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
149
Spiral Cowboy on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:
Nay lad. How do you know that the wizards powers even work outside of their little realm. Aren't witchdoctors a lot like wizards? My swashbuckler killed an enemy with 10,000 health in Aquila and lost almost zero health. Besides these aren't your average, everyday pirates. They are magical in nature as well. Our pirates are able to use magic. What do you think makes their ships fly? What are windstones if not magical? Don't a lot of our weapons do "magical" damage? Of course pirates are magical. They just manifest their magic differently. Magic cards that only have an 80% chance of hitting wouldn't work very well against a swashbucklers dodge. There is magic sprinkled throughput the Pirate101 world. Besides, if you want to stick to game parameters pirates have companions. A max level pirate with 3 max level companions would equal about 12,000 health. We have attacks that do almost 2,000 damage and we dodge attacks and can block damage or even disappear. Four attacks per round from our pirates would be more than your little wizards could withstand. Yarrr!

Wicked Erin, Self Appointed Unlimited Class World Swashbuckling Champion Supreme...aka...Wizard Slayer
No Witchdoctors aren't a lot like Wizards. Hoodoo isn't the same thing as magic. And if you think 12k health is a lot to deal with you're in for a rough ride if you decide to play through W101's high leveled realms.

Wizards can hit over 1 million damage. KI capped the damage on W101, before that cap we could deal so much damage it'd go into the negatives.

You also think that 2,000 damage is a lot against a wizard. Without any blades, traps, auras, etc. my wizards have hit high over 2,000 damage.

Obviously magic works outside Wizard City. We've gone far far away from Wizard City. Magic isn't limited.

What most of you are thinking is that wizards are mere mortals. Wizards live for thousands of years, they can take unbelievable amounts of pain and dish out plenty more. What pirates need a ship to summon, wizards summon can summon with their bare hands.

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
149
Spiral Cowboy on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
And I sir would counter that you are overestimating the power of your wizards. After recently going back to Wizard101 I now believe this more firmly than before. My Witchdoctor tames the same foes that my Storm Wizard deals with in Mooshu and handles them just as easily. My Swashbuckler dispatches many of the same enemies my level 70 Ice wizard does with ease. If wizards have such a high threshold for pain why does mine "yelp" after every hit. Wizards are good for casting spells. But against more than one adversary it becomes more difficult and requires more time and effort. That's why the multi-attacks and high damage spells require more pips. In a "free for all" battle your wizards would become disoriented. Pirates are used to battling against many more foes at once. Pirates can use their most powerful attacks whenever they choose and don't have to wait for pips to accumulate. In the time it takes for your wizard to gain the needed pips my Aquilan archer would have already let loose with several well placed arrows. When there are level 90 pirates you will see that they are closer to wizards in power than you think. One point I was trying make is that Pirate101 pirates are magical without even knowing it. It is in their nature. They are cut from the same cloth as your wizards. Woe to the wizards if the pirates ever figure this out. Then you would have a world full of warrior pirate wizards. Heh heh heh. Like to see your wizards deal with that. Wizards are for dueling...pirates are for conquest. End of story.

Oh and Stormzilla is a level 42 spell that requires 6 pips to cast...not a simple conjuring.

Wicked Erin, Self Appointed Unlimited Class World Swashbuckling Champion Supreme
Wizards fight with the odds against them all the time. When they do battle it's 1v2. In a free for all battle, wizards aren't set to follow the rules used in magic duels, meaning they don't need to deal with accuracy or pip cost. They can take a simple round to set up and summon the creature of their choice to aid them.

Wizards are very durable. Whether they yelp or not, is irrelevant. If I struck your Swashbuckler with a Sun Serpent, they wouldn't be yelping. They'd be dead. Plain and simple. You could use your entire crew if you'd want to. One spell and they're done.

To summon a weaker version of what wizards summon with their hands, you need a ship.

The accuracy percentage on our spells only count for Magical duels, as does pip cost. In a free for all battle, non-wizards are done.

Pirates don't use magic. Witchdoctors use Hoodoo, which is a lot different compared to what wizards use. Witchdoctors manipulate dead spirits, that were once regular animals or people, meaning there wasn't anything special about them.

What do wizards do? We summon creatures that we've gained the trust of to aid us in battle. At Level 90, it's still obvious that wizards are stronger than pirates.

You again assume that wizards are just regular people. You assume that all their power is from their spell decks or wands, staffs, etc. That's not true. A Witchdoctor could pick up a magical spell deck and staff, that doesn't mean they'd be able to use it.

Wizards go through various training and the ability to be a wizard is something you're born with. It's not something you just learn like Swashbuckling, Hoodoo, or Gunnery.

You think that PC and crew in P101 are gods or extremely powerful beings. (The way you've been comparing them to wizards, makes that very obvious that you do). The PC and crew in P101 are very skilled and unbelievably lucky pirates. They aren't going to live for thousands of years and if they're struck with 5 Woolly Mammoths non-stop, they're not surviving.

Gamma Owl, Merle's pet has been shown to be an extremely skilled wizard as well. At the same level, wizards would still be able to defeat pirates.

You're free to keep defending your answer with your opinion, but unless you're going to be factual about the topic or at least understand both points of view, I have no reason to reply to your comments. Favoritism isn't helping you prove your point at all. End of story.

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
149
Can I request this thread be locked?

It's trailed off topic for the majority of the post. The OP's question was why hasn't the Armada done anything about magic being used in Wizard City, etc. The question has been answered several times already.

The thread isn't about who win in a battle. Wizards or Pirates, but most of this thread contains arguments about that topic. It's gone too far off-topic and locking it seems like a very good idea at this point.