Wait a minute...

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 28, 2008
20
In the story, El Toro 1 (Don Rafael) has an adopted son named Rodrigo and he becomes El Toro 2. But then Don Rafael has a daughter, Carolina, and they fall in love and eventually, our pirate helps them get married.

Aren't they...technically brother and sister, even if Rodrigo was adopted and they aren't blood related? Um...did anyone else notice this too? I really want to know.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Lol not the first time this scenario has happened in storylines. Doesn't bother me, they are not related after all. What always gave me the mental hiccup was how did his father choose the name El Torro if he was a horse and not a bull. But, perhaps he was not the first El Torro........

Ensign
Dec 22, 2011
19
Yeah, I found that odd as well, but I guess you can't trifle with true love.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
I think it is probably a lot like the plot of Jane Austen's _Mansfield Park_ where the hero and heroine essentially grow up together, sort of like brother and sister, (Fanny, the heroine, is a poor relation brought into the household), but eventually fall in love and are married. In Austen's story, the young woman figures out her feelings long before the young man, however!
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
539
ZoeyDawn999 on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
In the story, El Toro 1 (Don Rafael) has an adopted son named Rodrigo and he becomes El Toro 2. But then Don Rafael has a daughter, Carolina, and they fall in love and eventually, our pirate helps them get married.

Aren't they...technically brother and sister, even if Rodrigo was adopted and they aren't blood related? Um...did anyone else notice this too? I really want to know.
yeah its not just well to try not cussing a family member loving another family member and the fact that ones a bull and the other is a horse...ew

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1194
I don't know how to call up the text again, since I don't have that story as part of a current quest, but I think he says eT junior was "like a son" to him - I don't remember it saying anything about a formal adoption. On the other hand, eT junior does seem to have inherited the estate.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
I think it is probably a lot like the plot of Jane Austen's _Mansfield Park_ where the hero and heroine essentially grow up together, sort of like brother and sister, (Fanny, the heroine, is a poor relation brought into the household), but eventually fall in love and are married. In Austen's story, the young woman figures out her feelings long before the young man, however!
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Well we women always have been sharper in the tack when it comes to matters of love . Guys are blissfully clueless until we 'help them out' lol. Although I do realize that a guy having an excess of chivalry will help out in this area tremendously . So feel harrrrtened all ye chivalrous pirates out there.

Ensign
Dec 28, 2008
20
thatonevalenciansw... on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
yeah its not just well to try not cussing a family member loving another family member and the fact that ones a bull and the other is a horse...ew
It doesn't bother me that El Toro 2 is a Bull and Mustang Sally is a Horse because they are both anthropomorphic animals, so one type of anthro character dating another doesn't bother me. (If it did, then I couldn't like half of the pairings in fiction I like.) But I do find the fact that El Toro 1 stated he adopted El Toro 2 and having him fall in love with his adopted Sister a bit weird. Does it mean I hate the fact they are married? No, because they obviously love each other very much and can kick butt together. And as long as they love each other, I don't think I should care.

And at least they aren't blood related. Because if they were, then it would get much weirder.