Wagu Sanjuro - Disappointed

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2009
71
Hello KI,

I have a problem that is fustrating me. I absolutely love Kobe Yojimbo as a swashbuckler companions as he is one of the best by far - (after Kanpo do to Walk in the Shadows). However, I hate buccaneers who own this Bull Samoorai.

I bought Wagu Sanjuro on my Privateer with the notion that he was exactly the same as Kobe - except he's brown :P. However, he does not have the in-dodgeable promotion attacks as Kobe does. For example: when Kobe promotes at lvl 13, he gets a new default attack where as he swings the sword around behind his back and then slice after coming back around. This attack is not dodgeable - ever. All main companions have these attack. and when they promote again (If they do) they get another one. (For Kobe - he jumps into the air and comes back down saying KWUIIIIAH!)

Wagu does NOT have these attacks period. He always slices regular. But I have seen other players use him with out any defects! So why is mine - which I paid for to up to parr???

This is really bugging me, can someone please clarify?

Thank You
Angel Xiriga

Bosun
May 10, 2010
396
Sorry, but you are completely wrong. Wagyu Sanjuro has everything exactly the same as Kobe YoJimbo, he even has just a slight bit more damage. Other than that, there is no difference, except color and promotion levels.

Captain
May 13, 2011
564
weird. i bought keisuke yagi and he does the poke 3 times attack and the other one. my wu tang can also so the multiple punches and kicks without it being a critical and my zang chas spin-and-strike and midair kick

Ensign
Jan 15, 2011
29
Darth JT on Feb 3, 2013 wrote:
Sorry, but you are completely wrong. Wagyu Sanjuro has everything exactly the same as Kobe YoJimbo, he even has just a slight bit more damage. Other than that, there is no difference, except color and promotion levels.
No, He does not carry all of the attacks Kobe Yojimbo has. Most of the crowns shop counterparts do not have those extra attacks after promotions. The Fin Dorsal companion has a single attack, but his boss counterpart has 3. Other companions like most of the Presidio and Kraken Skulls crowns shop counterparts dont have these extra attacks either. The Monks, Lucy Sterling, and Horse Barbarian have the extra attacks however. Eventually KI may add the new attacks, because currently those companions are just waste of money.

Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2009
71
Darth JT on Feb 3, 2013 wrote:
Sorry, but you are completely wrong. Wagyu Sanjuro has everything exactly the same as Kobe YoJimbo, he even has just a slight bit more damage. Other than that, there is no difference, except color and promotion levels.
No, I am not completely wrong, and you cannot say that because you arent with me when I am battling. I KNOW the Wagu Sanjuro is exactly the same as Kobe Yojimbo, THATS WHY I am complaining, because he isnt performing that way.

As Marolin said, I have also bought Keisuke Yagi and he is Identical in every physical aspect to Kanpo save his brown fur opposed to gray. And this robe designs are different.

Do you want to meet me and see what I mean? Even if I battle level 3 Troggies, he doesnt do it, yet those attacks are triggered when your companions is too accurate for the opposer to dodge. And you are right, i HAVE seen other people with Wagu Sanjuro and he does have those attacks - mine is simply bugged.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
396
Pie Rate on Feb 4, 2013 wrote:
No, He does not carry all of the attacks Kobe Yojimbo has. Most of the crowns shop counterparts do not have those extra attacks after promotions. The Fin Dorsal companion has a single attack, but his boss counterpart has 3. Other companions like most of the Presidio and Kraken Skulls crowns shop counterparts dont have these extra attacks either. The Monks, Lucy Sterling, and Horse Barbarian have the extra attacks however. Eventually KI may add the new attacks, because currently those companions are just waste of money.
Wagyu Sanjuro does have every attack Kobe YoJimbo has, I should know, I have bought 6 Wagyu Sanjuro and I do have a level 50 Buccaneer that has Kobe YoJimbo at level 50. There is absolutely no difference between them, except the color, the name, and the level that they promote.

Please provide any facts that can verify any of your claims, as you never fight Wagyu Sanjuro in any battle as you would Fin Dorsal.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
396
Xiriganism on Feb 4, 2013 wrote:
No, I am not completely wrong, and you cannot say that because you arent with me when I am battling. I KNOW the Wagu Sanjuro is exactly the same as Kobe Yojimbo, THATS WHY I am complaining, because he isnt performing that way.

As Marolin said, I have also bought Keisuke Yagi and he is Identical in every physical aspect to Kanpo save his brown fur opposed to gray. And this robe designs are different.

Do you want to meet me and see what I mean? Even if I battle level 3 Troggies, he doesnt do it, yet those attacks are triggered when your companions is too accurate for the opposer to dodge. And you are right, i HAVE seen other people with Wagu Sanjuro and he does have those attacks - mine is simply bugged.
When attacking, Kobe or Wagyu has different animations for different strikes. Bad hits, normal hits, and good hits. Then you have critical hits, critical 1, critical 2, and critical 3 hits. Each of these also has it's own animation.

I am not sure exactly what you are referring to, but if your is truly bugged in your opinion, best I can say is to submit a support ticket and let KI investigate.

Although, you made it sound like all Wagyu Sanjuro were not working properly and not like Kobe YoJimbo, so I had to disagree with that statement.

Captain
May 13, 2011
564
well then, is S M Arson bugged? he keeps stabbing unless he criticals. temujins skills and good criticals makes up for his first attack habit

Developer
We have found (and fixed) a number of animation issues with the crowns variants. They will be fixed in our next big update (but you'll have to ask Jack if he knows when that's coming!)