Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

VisionTek Ship vs. Haunted Galleon

AuthorMessage
Bosun
May 06, 2009
Ahoy, Pirates of the Spooky Skyways!

So this is something that's really been bugging me for awhile and I'd like to hear some opinions.

As well all should be aware of, this Birth-O-Ween has come with many new and spooky surprises, including the new Haunted Galleon. Now if you look closely at the ship, you'll find that it has a distinct similarity to the VisionTek Galleon. I wanted to ask something: How many Pirates were actually looking into getting the VisionTek ship?

I really liked the look of the VisionTek ship, but I was very unsure if I really needed to get a new graphics card just for a ship. I've seen some prices (not fully indepth yet), but I'll just say my eyes were like this for awhile However, I don't want to miss out on this opportunity because the VisionTek ship would look perfect with my Swashbuckler and the rest of the Boochbeard Bundle I got (which didn't come with a ship).
I'm digging the creepy details of the Haunted Galleon (plus it's easily available), but it looks more better for my Witchdoctor. But again, I don't want to wait until next year to get ('be a good test o'patience though) and possibly not return (yikes!). I'm rather torn. It's the same ship model, but that doesn't mean it's the same thing. It's two very different galleons. I just can't choose

I'd like to hear just some suggestions and opinions on what would be better to get. (yes, I know. Something that's cheaper and right there would make an obvious choose, but because they have the same look, I just can't decide what'd be better). Thanks in advance!

Lieutenant
Jul 15, 2013
I would say the haunted galleon is better because I have a friend who has it it is epic I would also agree that the prices of the graphics card are high but the ship is cool there is a you tube video of the epic haunted galleon the vision tech card ship is huge though but I would have to go with the haunted galleon because it is limited edition I would ask one eyed jack if the vision tech thing is limited edition because then we would have a major conflict thx Ruthless Blaze Roberts Level 27 Musketeer

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
I bought the Haunted Galleon for my Witchdoctor (abbreviated Dr.). I already had a tricked out AQ galleon and the Haunted Galleon performs about the same soloing Captain Spartacos. The crowns only AQ gal is slightly superior in stats to the Haunted Gal, but does not come equipped with gear. The 65th level Haunted Gal is already outfitted with heavy armor, Top notch AQ figuerehead, rudder, and sails. If you are super tight with crowns, just buy the AQ gal for gold at Nova AQ dock and farm up the top gear. If you play with some crowns, The haunted gal is a much better buy than the crowns only AQ gal. If price is no object, The Crowns only AQ gal is slightly better and available at a lower level, but player skill makes a much bigger difference.

As for the Visiontech ship, IDK. The Keel, sail cut and rudder look about the same, so now I question whether it is even of Polarian origin. Haunted Gals are of Halloween origin. Is the visiontec ship a skiff, frigate, or galleon?

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Row4n412 on Oct 17, 2013 wrote:
I bought the Haunted Galleon for my Witchdoctor (abbreviated Dr.). I already had a tricked out AQ galleon and the Haunted Galleon performs about the same soloing Captain Spartacos. The crowns only AQ gal is slightly superior in stats to the Haunted Gal, but does not come equipped with gear. The 65th level Haunted Gal is already outfitted with heavy armor, Top notch AQ figuerehead, rudder, and sails. If you are super tight with crowns, just buy the AQ gal for gold at Nova AQ dock and farm up the top gear. If you play with some crowns, The haunted gal is a much better buy than the crowns only AQ gal. If price is no object, The Crowns only AQ gal is slightly better and available at a lower level, but player skill makes a much bigger difference.

As for the Visiontech ship, IDK. The Keel, sail cut and rudder look about the same, so now I question whether it is even of Polarian origin. Haunted Gals are of Halloween origin. Is the visiontec ship a skiff, frigate, or galleon?
It's a Galleon of Visiontek origin. It comes with it's own Sails, Rudder, and Figurehead and built in with 5 Hull Armor (best in the game). Other stats are exactly like the Haunted Galleon has, except the Haunted Galleon only has 3 Armor than the 5.

The thing for me is, I'm considering getting a graphics card for the ship, but I don't know if the ship is still even available. I think VisionTek said they'd send out codes through the rest of September. I'm quite unsure. I'd hate to spend on a graphic card only to find out all the codes are gone.

A question to One-Eyed Jack: Do you perhaps know if VisionTek Ship codes are still being passed out and are still purchasable? I would really appreciate any kind of an answer

Administrator
"A question to One-Eyed Jack: Do you perhaps know if VisionTek Ship codes are still being passed out and are still purchasable? I would really appreciate any kind of an answer."

While that's ultimately a question for Visiontek's Customer Support, I think it's safe to say that they are still available, and as a heads up . . . there are several other AMD ships being made as well! I will provide more details when they are available. Stay tuned!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
First Mate
May 01, 2012
One thing to consider when buying any ship is how long it will be useful since it seems we are always getting new (and better) ships with each Pirate101 world that is added. Another thing to remember is that (at the moment) we can't trade ships between our Pirates which limits the utility of the ship. That being said the Halloween ships do look cool and have pretty good stats.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 18, 2013 wrote:
"A question to One-Eyed Jack: Do you perhaps know if VisionTek Ship codes are still being passed out and are still purchasable? I would really appreciate any kind of an answer."

While that's ultimately a question for Visiontek's Customer Support, I think it's safe to say that they are still available, and as a heads up . . . there are several other AMD ships being made as well! I will provide more details when they are available. Stay tuned!
"there are several other AMD ships being made as well!"
Say whaaaaaaaaaat?... Now I'm really excited

Thank you for the answer!

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 18, 2013 wrote:

More Halloween ships or more ships in general..?

Administrator
We've created an informational page surrounding the newest AMD Ships and added links and pictures of four more ships besides the VisionTek Galleon. Come check out the Sapphire, TUL, Club3D, and Diamond Galleons!

More ships will be introduced throughout the following months, and we will update this page with new ships as they become available.

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/amd_ships

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*