Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Valor's Armor

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
Can I please get a clarification on EXACTLY how this works?

The card says that it "Absorbs x5 Enemy Damage"

I have heard a variety of explanations on how this works exactly:

One, that it's like the Ice Armor in W101 with a predetermined amount already and once that damage amount has been exceed the Spirit Shield will disappear.

Two, that it's only good for five hits from an enemy; less if they get a critical hit (Super, Mega, or Epic)

Three, that the Spirit Shield will stay on for five rounds.

How are we supposed to know what the average or x5 enemy damage is? Especially if it's different classes (where Swash could be 360+, Bucc at 310+, Priv & Musk at 270+, & WD about 300+ {based on lvl 55 companions with maxed out damage})

Could Ratbeard (or anyone else in the know) please answer and explain this?

Thank you so much!

~SM~

Developer
#1: It will absorb 5 average hits.

If you have a spooky bonus to your spells, that will increase the amount of damage the shield can absorb.

If an enemy does more damage than normal, the shield will drop faster.

I reckon a Swashbucker could drop it in one round with a really good sneak attack...

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
yes i asked about this too but i couldnt manage to get an answer from ratbeard.... i am not sure why though ...

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Ratbeard on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
#1: It will absorb 5 average hits.

If you have a spooky bonus to your spells, that will increase the amount of damage the shield can absorb.

If an enemy does more damage than normal, the shield will drop faster.

I reckon a Swashbucker could drop it in one round with a really good sneak attack...
so the shield is built off of ... who's damage.... if i put the shield up, and el toro hit me, is it instantly going to take 5x his damage as the defense amount? if so, what happens if bonnie shoot me, she cant hit as much as el toro, will it change to match 5x her damage? or .....

thx

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
Could a reaver hit take it out in one hit?

I can hit a reaver up to 2400 (maxed at 2413 on a super).

Cruel Darius Blake(65)

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
CaptainBlackBart on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
Could a reaver hit take it out in one hit?

I can hit a reaver up to 2400 (maxed at 2413 on a super).

Cruel Darius Blake(65)
You mean.... an epic..that much damage is simply nothing short of impossible sorry i dont mean to doubt you but it just seem really really crazy to hit that on a SUPER HIT (not mega, not epic) SUPER

Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
Its the average damage of the person that casts the shield. So if you put it on El Toro, it will take 5x your average damage, not El Toro.

I know this because my lvl 50 pirate has used it on lvl 4 players in PvP many times and lvl 20 players can't break it with 10+ attacks. So it can't be using the average damage of the person I put it on or the one attacking it. It has to be using my average damage.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Sp4zRX on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:
Its the average damage of the person that casts the shield. So if you put it on El Toro, it will take 5x your average damage, not El Toro.

I know this because my lvl 50 pirate has used it on lvl 4 players in PvP many times and lvl 20 players can't break it with 10+ attacks. So it can't be using the average damage of the person I put it on or the one attacking it. It has to be using my average damage.
no it dont, it takes the enemies damage, because if that was the case, the least my shield could have is 1,010 life and the most would be 1,540 it takes the enemy damage,

at least according to ratbeard, it takes the enemy damage, because that would also mean, when on a pirate ship, its 25% stronger

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
Speed Switch on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
You mean.... an epic..that much damage is simply nothing short of impossible sorry i dont mean to doubt you but it just seem really really crazy to hit that on a SUPER HIT (not mega, not epic) SUPER
i can do it i have over 100 will since reaver can only be defended by will it can be pulled off against low will classes.

Plus from what i can tell mega and epics atleast for me don't add that much more damage.Not saying mega and epics don't just saying they never have added a whole lot more for me plus i hardly ever hit epics or mega with skills i get alot of supers

My normal reaver hits are between 1-1200. I have pictures posted of super hits i have done over on pirate101central in the witchdoctor section.

Cruel Darius Blake(65)

Developer
The person casting the spell determines how much damage the shield will absorb.

It is based on that person's spellcasting ability (so Spooky buffs do help).

And assuming you're fighting enemies who about the same level as you, you can expect the shield to absorb roughly* 5 hits from an enemy.

• If you're a great spellcaster, you might get more!
  • If your enemy is weaker than you, you might get more!
  • If your enemy is stronger than you, you'll get less!
  • If your enemy has x2 or x3 attacks, you'll get less!
  • If your enemy gets a critical, you'll get less!

*Roughly: A useful term for describing complex calculations in easily understood terms, particularly when specificity is not warranted and not forthcoming.

Ensign
Aug 10, 2011
Ok, I have all of the spooky talents so how much would that absorb?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
TheColorOrange123 on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:
Ok, I have all of the spooky talents so how much would that absorb?
About 10 % more than 'Roughly'

Developer
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 19, 2013 wrote:
About 10 % more than 'Roughly'
Yarr'ed!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
Yarr'ed!

Why thank you kind Sir . x Curtsies sweetly x

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Alright., Thanks Ratbeard, so now, if i go up against a privateer, and he use valor armor, and my pet goes over and attack the valor amrored unit, then i go over and assassin strike, should it gaurenteed break? is it going to have the pet damage x5 roughly? or is it gonna change to mine....

Thx Again, good info,

X