Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Update of the Test Realm

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
KingsIsle, I have two question to ask you. Do you have to re-install the Test Realm to update it? And one more question, if this does update the Test Realm, Will we lose everything that we bought with Crowns? I am not completely absure this is the way to update the Test Realm (our Test Realm perspective), that's why I'm asking.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
1Of1Musketeer on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
KingsIsle, I have two question to ask you. Do you have to re-install the Test Realm to update it? And one more question, if this does update the Test Realm, Will we lose everything that we bought with Crowns? I am not completely absure this is the way to update the Test Realm (our Test Realm perspective), that's why I'm asking.
The Test Realm Launcher acts as the regular Pirate101 Launcher. When they put an update to Pirate101, our Launchers connect to the servers and begin applying/ patching. You won't need to install anything to update, the Launcher does that for you by connecting to the Patch server .

As for your second question, everything we do in Test Realm will not carry to Live Realm. The crowns you received in Test Realm are not from your Live Realm account, so no worries about that.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
1Of1Musketeer on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
I believe I can answer that for them.

You don't have to re-install the Test Realm to update it. If you've already installed the Test Realm Launcher when another update comes to Test, you just log in normally, provided you either have membership or paid a minimum amount of money for Crowns to get in.

The Crowns in Test are fake, and what we buy with them won't affect the Live Realm, and we don't lose everything we bought in there if they update it, the Crowns amount in Test resets.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
The updates to the Test Realm are applied when you log in just like in the Live Realm.

KI can reset the Test Realm back to the original at any time. This would mean anything bought with the Fake Crowns would be lost and everyone would have to start all over. I am fairly certain that this won't happen but it could.

They can also apply updates at any time and, sometimes, they reset our Crowns to 25,000 (Thank you KI). In this case, you do not lose what you had purchased with the Fake Crowns. Anything that you had at the start of the Test Realm, whether you purchased it with Crowns or not, you keep in the Test Realm.

All the Crowns we get in the Test Realm are fake and did not come from our Crowns in the Live Realm.

And, remember, what happens in the Test Realm does not affect the Live Realm and what happens in the Live Realm doesn't affect the Test Realm (once it has started).

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
Trimond297 on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
I believe I can answer that for them.

You don't have to re-install the Test Realm to update it. If you've already installed the Test Realm Launcher when another update comes to Test, you just log in normally, provided you either have membership or paid a minimum amount of money for Crowns to get in.

The Crowns in Test are fake, and what we buy with them won't affect the Live Realm, and we don't lose everything we bought in there if they update it, the Crowns amount in Test resets.
Thanks for the help, but my question was a little different (you're still very helpful, don't get me wrong). My question was a little more sophisticated, I'll give you an example of what I'm talking about... "Let's say I was a level 62-63 when I first got on the Test Realm and installed it. On the Live Realm, I leveled up to a 65; how do I get that to appear on the Test Realm?"

That's basically my question.

Strong Any Armstrnong, lvl. 65 Privateer
Slick Luke Noble, lvl. 65 Musketeer

Developer
1Of1Musketeer on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for the help, but my question was a little different (you're still very helpful, don't get me wrong). My question was a little more sophisticated, I'll give you an example of what I'm talking about... "Let's say I was a level 62-63 when I first got on the Test Realm and installed it. On the Live Realm, I leveled up to a 65; how do I get that to appear on the Test Realm?"

When we are preparing to go to Test, we take a snapshot of the Live database and copy it over to the Test Realm.

There's nothing you can do to affect the Test Realm (other than to try to make sure your Live account is where you want it before we take the snapshot).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

You don't. Just before they release test realm they make a copy of the live game. What ever level your are is set in that copy. Once the copy is made any live leveling you do will not impact test realm as the die has already been set. When they update test realm they update the copy, I haven't seen them change that copy level in any test realm I have used.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011

You're quite welcome, but I can say this.

The progress you made in Live applies to Test, provided you get up to the recent Book's end, that is, if the next Book goes to Test, as it is a near duplicate but with new features such as the game's main storyline continuation and/or many others such as new systems, activities, etc., waiting to be tested, but any progress you make to Test does not affect the Live Realm's progress.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
The reason I ask this is because my brother has received some of the Tribal Crew Pack companions (Kawil and Chilang) on the Live Realm but not the Test Realm. He REALLY wants to get them on the Test Realm too.