Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Unwanted talents

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 26, 2012
Hello fellow pirates, in my debut post I was treated very well thanks to you guys, but I got another question. So I have a Musket currently in MB he just become level 55 his level 50 companions just got to 52 but they got a unwanted talent each. I normally stick to for just my style of playing but I had to get a fifth. So, I was just wandering if there is a way around this thanks!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DeadChampionX on Mar 15, 2015 wrote:
Hello fellow pirates, in my debut post I was treated very well thanks to you guys, but I got another question. So I have a Musket currently in MB he just become level 55 his level 50 companions just got to 52 but they got a unwanted talent each. I normally stick to for just my style of playing but I had to get a fifth. So, I was just wandering if there is a way around this thanks!
What unwanted talent do you mean? When you're training your companions, you get to choose the talents.

Ensign
Mar 16, 2013
i a lvl 65 you could reset cost gols it resets talents and epics.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
Did you choose these talents? if so then you can reset them. If they just came without a choice idk anything you can do.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
DeadChampionX on Mar 15, 2015 wrote:
You can spend gold to reset the talents of your crew, unless you've been playing long enough ago that you got the free reset button on some of your older crew.

If you're talking about the pirates themselves, it'll cost crowns to reset all his talents; you won't be able to just sell back that one.

Either way, take note of what you want them to keep afterward, so you can reclaim that talent or power.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on Mar 15, 2015 wrote:
What unwanted talent do you mean? When you're training your companions, you get to choose the talents.
not always, sarah steele starts with repel which is really annoying since it usually removes her hidden, and for privateer, forced to train repel to learn other stuff, also hate it for the same reason, removes hidden, accidental flanking on some companions also do the same thing

Ensign
May 26, 2012
Guy's I mean my companions. I just got to level 55 so my level 50 companions could go up to fifty two but I hate that level seeing I had to get a talent I don't wont for my Toro I had to give him tough instead of four roughs. Hope this is clearer.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DeadChampionX on Mar 16, 2015 wrote:
Guy's I mean my companions. I just got to level 55 so my level 50 companions could go up to fifty two but I hate that level seeing I had to get a talent I don't wont for my Toro I had to give him tough instead of four roughs. Hope this is clearer.
Tough will enhance El Toro's health ( always a weak spot for bucklers ). Don't worry, your companions will get one more chance for a new talent at level 62 ( ? ). I hope you have also given him some dodge.

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2013
DeadChampionX on Mar 16, 2015 wrote:
Look; the more your companions are worthy of a talent, the more talents will be available. The game limits the talents that you can choose depending on the level of your companion. Even if it didn't show you the Rough talent at level 52 for El Toro, the next time you give him a talent, you'll have more talents back to choose from. Now every companion has up to 16/4x-4 (which strangely enough both equal to 4x4/16) main-talent capacity. In other words: 4 to the border of a phase; 16 to the limit of a whole. That means if you want 4x of a bunch of talents, you can only maximize four (the maximum is 4x of each of the four). Either way; once you peak his level, you can reset every single talent that you had to give him and restart willingly.

Ensign
May 26, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 16, 2015 wrote:
Tough will enhance El Toro's health ( always a weak spot for bucklers ). Don't worry, your companions will get one more chance for a new talent at level 62 ( ? ). I hope you have also given him some dodge.
Yes, my build for bucklers is max agile and rough max accuracy and max dodge. For Buccaneers it's damage tough accuracy and dodge.