Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Underlevel

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
Why am I always underlevel! I had a max buccaneer but he was underlevel so I deleted it and made a musketeer all the way till mooshu but then turns out he was under level as well,so now I am using another buccaneer that I made in monquista ending and guess what?Yup his Underlevel as well.Someone please tell me why this is happening.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
DariusMusk on May 27, 2016 wrote:
Why am I always underlevel! I had a max buccaneer but he was underlevel so I deleted it and made a musketeer all the way till mooshu but then turns out he was under level as well,so now I am using another buccaneer that I made in monquista ending and guess what?Yup his Underlevel as well.Someone please tell me why this is happening.
I'm not sure I know what you mean by "underlevel" -- to me, a max buccaneer cannot possibly have been underleveled? Do you mean "under-powered?"

If you aren't doing any side quests or extra battles, then yes, as you advance through the worlds of the Spiral, you will find things to be more difficult. Doing side quests and earning extra experience will help you increase your pirate's level. Definitely try to keep your nautical level on a par with your pirate's level so that you can buy new ships and equip higher-leveled equipment.

If you are feeling under-powered, maybe you need to farm some No Auction gear that will give your pirate additional powers for your arsenal. If you are running around in gear that you bought at the Bazaar or had dropped for you, it could feel under-powered in comparison to others who have farmed for the powerful gear. Have you spent your Practice Points well?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Do you do side quests or skip them? Some side quests are fun to do, have good ( pirate or nautical ) EXP or rewards.

Ensign
Nov 25, 2015
Do you do side quests? While it is possible to complete the game and max out without doing any sides, completing the side quests before you move on does help keep you a bit higher leveled, and sometimes over leveled, which makes the enemies easier to take down. It may not seem that the side quests offer much xp, but trust me it does add up. I'm currently in Marleybone and I have done every side quest up to that point and am almost maxed. If you find yourself struggling, why not go back and do some side quests you skipped? Some even offer nice nautical, gold, or even companions or training points.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I don't think I follow your question; are you having trouble with battles? If you do your side quests you shouldn't have any problem with leveling. A maxed (level 65) buccaneer wouldn't be under-leveled at all; you might have just needed to upgrade your gear, weapons, and companions to win fights, or farm ships to upgrade your nautical level and ability to equip better ship equipment if that's what you're having trouble with.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Pirate11 was made where at some point you will HAVE to do side quest to not be underleveled. Pirate101 at times can also be very challenging ( some parts of mooshu and marleybone, valencia part 2, etc.) so you may just be at a challenging point in the game.

Ensign
Feb 11, 2012
Are you doing side quests? Because those give XP, gold, training points, Nautical XP and companions.

Wait, you had a max Buccaneer, but he was underleveled?...Isn't that a juxtaposition?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheFarReach on May 29, 2016 wrote:
Are you doing side quests? Because those give XP, gold, training points, Nautical XP and companions.

Wait, you had a max Buccaneer, but he was underleveled?...Isn't that a juxtaposition?
No, I think that's an oxymoron.........

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Another important thing to make sure you are doing is to make sure you level up your companions with you. If your level 65 but your companions are not - you will be at a disadvantage

Captain
May 16, 2011
It's not likely that you're underleveled. Could you tell us what you mean? And, you're saying you put a bunch of work into a max level Buccaneer, who can't be underleveled, assumes he's underleveled, and then delete him?! WHAT?!

~ Hank

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
Willowydream on May 28, 2016 wrote:
I'm not sure I know what you mean by "underlevel" -- to me, a max buccaneer cannot possibly have been underleveled? Do you mean "under-powered?"

If you aren't doing any side quests or extra battles, then yes, as you advance through the worlds of the Spiral, you will find things to be more difficult. Doing side quests and earning extra experience will help you increase your pirate's level. Definitely try to keep your nautical level on a par with your pirate's level so that you can buy new ships and equip higher-leveled equipment.

If you are feeling under-powered, maybe you need to farm some No Auction gear that will give your pirate additional powers for your arsenal. If you are running around in gear that you bought at the Bazaar or had dropped for you, it could feel under-powered in comparison to others who have farmed for the powerful gear. Have you spent your Practice Points well?
What I meant was,When I finished the game I just reached level 64.So I did some side quests to reach level 65

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
I apologize for my mistake,I meant I was level 64 when I finished the game so I did side quests TO reach level 65.So My question is, "Why was I level 64 when I finished the game?"

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
Another thing is,I never had trouble with anything,Nor have I ever lost a battle its just that Why was I underlevel?

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
If you mean your nautical level is lower than your pirate level, get out there an take on ships. Send your companions out Sailin'.

If you mean your companions are lower level than your pirate, use your training tomes. Send them out brawlin' and keel haulin'.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
MistyDragon13 on May 28, 2016 wrote:
I don't think I follow your question; are you having trouble with battles? If you do your side quests you shouldn't have any problem with leveling. A maxed (level 65) buccaneer wouldn't be under-leveled at all; you might have just needed to upgrade your gear, weapons, and companions to win fights, or farm ships to upgrade your nautical level and ability to equip better ship equipment if that's what you're having trouble with.
My nautical is maxed out,And I never need help with ship battles,

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DariusMusk on May 30, 2016 wrote:
My nautical is maxed out,And I never need help with ship battles,
Ok, I think get what you're trying to say: You finished the game and you're at level 65 - well, Vulorian, the game isn't finished ( a new update is coming with a rise in EXP levels. )
All of us are at level 65, atm and are waiting for the update to go live. Currently it's in test realm ( and at the time I write this test realm is off line ) Test realm will return Tuesday so if you're a member or have recently bought crowns you can down load the test realm and adventure with us or you can wait.

Captain
May 16, 2011
DariusMusk on May 29, 2016 wrote:
I apologize for my mistake,I meant I was level 64 when I finished the game so I did side quests TO reach level 65.So My question is, "Why was I level 64 when I finished the game?"
If you never did any other side quests, then it's just that KI only put in enough experience in the main story to reach level 64. You aren't underleveled, you're exactly where you should be.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
If you do all the side quests you will make it to level 65 before you finish marlybone. If your counting on JUST the main storyline to get you there - SHOCK it wont

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I was always under the impression that there was plenty of experience available in the main storyline to get to the maximum, but you may be proving the opposite is true, even after they extended the early ghost rats' quests. This seems very strange to me. If you never repeated a single dungeon, or even got caught by any random mobs, I suppose that would be the bare minimum of experience. If you never had to sink enemy ships by boarding, you would never have gotten any regular experience from those battles, which a lot of players do.

I've never done a pirate all the way through without doing a single side quest. I do ALL side quests before moving on to the next area, if I can. I've got a buccaneer at Level 64 in Marleybone and a Swashbuckler at Level 54 in Subata.

My question is why NOT do side quests?

Ensign
Dec 02, 2014
What I meant was,When I finished the game I just reached level 64.So I did some side quests to reach level 65
Just wanted to point out, when finishing off my three buccaneers, none finished without being maxed, they were maxed around the middle of Aquila. And none of them had any side quests completed, not counting the times your called in by different class teachers to receive training tomes. Otherwise, they were maxed on main story line quests alone. So I'm pretty sure it's not possible your buccaneer finished what is currently the end of the game without being maxed.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
Willowydream on May 30, 2016 wrote:
I was always under the impression that there was plenty of experience available in the main storyline to get to the maximum, but you may be proving the opposite is true, even after they extended the early ghost rats' quests. This seems very strange to me. If you never repeated a single dungeon, or even got caught by any random mobs, I suppose that would be the bare minimum of experience. If you never had to sink enemy ships by boarding, you would never have gotten any regular experience from those battles, which a lot of players do.

I've never done a pirate all the way through without doing a single side quest. I do ALL side quests before moving on to the next area, if I can. I've got a buccaneer at Level 64 in Marleybone and a Swashbuckler at Level 54 in Subata.

For starters I never get caught in battles.When I was in cool ranch i took every shortcut I knew and I knew every one of them(Since I did that world like 8 times).

Second,I never had trouble with battles and I didn't do side quests Because I wanted to finish the storyline as soon as possible.

Another thing is,how come when I got hawkules he was level 64! And when my brother got him he was level 67(My brother didn't do side quests either) Anyways I learned to deal with it Just wanted to point that out.
One more thing.I dislike side quests. I just stick to the main storyline,because for me sidequests seem like a waste of time if I don't get any companions or decent amount of Exp.Some side quests only give like 70 exp(same amount you can get from 3 mooshu battles)

NOTE:This was before the update.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
DariusMusk on Jun 23, 2016 wrote:
For starters I never get caught in battles.When I was in cool ranch i took every shortcut I knew and I knew every one of them(Since I did that world like 8 times).

Second,I never had trouble with battles and I didn't do side quests Because I wanted to finish the storyline as soon as possible.

Another thing is,how come when I got hawkules he was level 64! And when my brother got him he was level 67(My brother didn't do side quests either) Anyways I learned to deal with it Just wanted to point that out.
One more thing.I dislike side quests. I just stick to the main storyline,because for me sidequests seem like a waste of time if I don't get any companions or decent amount of Exp.Some side quests only give like 70 exp(same amount you can get from 3 mooshu battles)

Quit complaining, and just deal with the fact is that game creators never intended that you max out alone on the main questline. You have to break some eggs to make an omelet. You should have never deleted your character and spend some of that free time side questing (It could be fun).

Also, the real reason why depending on when you get the companion they either over level their captain or not is because it's based on when you get the companion. You're more likely to gain a companion who over levels you by roughly 2-3 levels from your original level. Possibly you got Hawkules when you were level 62, and your brother got Hawkules when he was level 65. Be sure to smell all the roses and not just one!

Black rose level 70

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
winter goddess on Jun 24, 2016 wrote:
Quit complaining, and just deal with the fact is that game creators never intended that you max out alone on the main questline. You have to break some eggs to make an omelet. You should have never deleted your character and spend some of that free time side questing (It could be fun).

Also, the real reason why depending on when you get the companion they either over level their captain or not is because it's based on when you get the companion. You're more likely to gain a companion who over levels you by roughly 2-3 levels from your original level. Possibly you got Hawkules when you were level 62, and your brother got Hawkules when he was level 65. Be sure to smell all the roses and not just one!

Black rose level 70
In case you never saw the post your replying to,I clearly stated that I learned to live with it now...

Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
Willowydream on May 30, 2016 wrote:

My Privateer as im typing this is in marlybone and im lv 62 and i \only do side quests to get rid of them and when they give more than 300-500 xp. and my latest companion is lv 64, LOL

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
DariusMusk on Jun 23, 2016 wrote:

The level you get Hawkules at is determined by the level that your Pirate is at when you recruit him. If your Pirate wast level 63 or lower, Hawkules's level could be 64 or higher. I'm willing to bet that your brother was at level 65 when he got Hawkules. Maybe he farms a lot and earns experience that way instead of doing side quests (or maybe he did side quests to get him to level 65 and didn't tell you). I've heard of some people doing side quests that give Companions after they reached level 65 so their Companions would be at a higher level.