Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Treasure Bath Myth

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
172
now this topic is more of a poll than a topic but that don't mean we can't discuss it as well. how many of you believe in the Treasure Bath Myth? if you are clueless on it, btw good for you for not knowing, allot of people claim that using Treasure Bath in any dungeon will reduce the drop and reward rates. i for one do not believe in it. this topic was discussed about 2 1/2 years ago (link: https://www.pirate101.com/forum/a-pirates-life/treasure-bath-doubloon-myth-8ad6a4194d706ee9014d891962437250 ) and after that i thought for sure it was dropped but apparently the rumor mill is still processing it. what i want to know is:

1: do you believe in it?

2: what are your thoughts about it whether or not you do believe in it?

3 (optional) do you have any solid evidence that the Myth is or is not true?

i shall start it off.

1: i do not believe in it. i think it's dumb.

2: i think it was just a random person who had crummy luck in a loot roll and blamed it on Treasure Bath being used.

3: i do have solid evidence that is it not true. i did a manchu run about a month ago and after using Treasure Bath on Nefarious i got 2 Nefarious staffs in the same roll. no Second Chance Chest.

oh and BTW, in the topic link above (if you don't read it) Ratbeard says in it:

"You guys are really overestimating the amount of trouble we are willing to go through to set up loot tables.

It's a table. There's a roll. No other conditions apply."

hopefully this Myth will be put to rest. again.

Black Jack Silver. lvl 70

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9551
the minutemen on Feb 4, 2018 wrote:
now this topic is more of a poll than a topic but that don't mean we can't discuss it as well. how many of you believe in the Treasure Bath Myth? if you are clueless on it, btw good for you for not knowing, allot of people claim that using Treasure Bath in any dungeon will reduce the drop and reward rates. i for one do not believe in it. this topic was discussed about 2 1/2 years ago (link: https://www.pirate101.com/forum/a-pirates-life/treasure-bath-doubloon-myth-8ad6a4194d706ee9014d891962437250 ) and after that i thought for sure it was dropped but apparently the rumor mill is still processing it. what i want to know is:

1: do you believe in it?

2: what are your thoughts about it whether or not you do believe in it?

3 (optional) do you have any solid evidence that the Myth is or is not true?

i shall start it off.

1: i do not believe in it. i think it's dumb.

2: i think it was just a random person who had crummy luck in a loot roll and blamed it on Treasure Bath being used.

3: i do have solid evidence that is it not true. i did a manchu run about a month ago and after using Treasure Bath on Nefarious i got 2 Nefarious staffs in the same roll. no Second Chance Chest.

oh and BTW, in the topic link above (if you don't read it) Ratbeard says in it:

"You guys are really overestimating the amount of trouble we are willing to go through to set up loot tables.

It's a table. There's a roll. No other conditions apply."

hopefully this Myth will be put to rest. again.

Black Jack Silver. lvl 70
I thought this myth was dead, if you say there are still players insisting it's true, this poll won't change their minds.
However:
1. I never believed in this myth, it runs contrary to KingsIsle putting Treasure Bath doubloons ( or any of the doubloons in the game ). Doubloons were created to help pirates.

2. Poor observation or linking a few runs with a cause & effect had a majority of players believing in this myth . ( even to the point of believing a KI coder put in a code to cause it. Seriously! )

3.With over 200+ runs of Moo Manchu's Tower, I have received all the items using TB most of of the time.
( There were only 2 items I didn't get as drops - the Bond Oni Bulwark and the Imperial Boots of Moo Manchu. )

Post Edit: I got the Bond Oni Bulwark and Moo Boots through the SCC.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1834
Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
163
I remember this myth well and am glad it is dying if not dead. I would love to mess with players and say that the treasure baths increased drop rates when they would tell me not to use them...I guess I can be a troll at times

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9551
Willowydream on Feb 4, 2018 wrote:
I've never even heard this was a thing...

Lucky you, myth believers really made running Moo Tower a pain.

Petty Officer
Dec 26, 2012
54
I don't get why people believe in this (and the old "wait for the chests" myth). Anyone who knows a thing or two about programming would know that it's not true at all. Why would Kingsisle implement a system that makes battles easier and then punish them for using said system? It makes no sense from a design standpoint.

In fact I got the Staff of Power in the Tower of Moo Manchu WITH Treasure Bath activated.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9551
AllToonedUp on Feb 7, 2018 wrote:
I don't get why people believe in this (and the old "wait for the chests" myth). Anyone who knows a thing or two about programming would know that it's not true at all. Why would Kingsisle implement a system that makes battles easier and then punish them for using said system? It makes no sense from a design standpoint.

In fact I got the Staff of Power in the Tower of Moo Manchu WITH Treasure Bath activated.
Someone once told me "Doubloons are a cheat". Yes, they believed that KI made a cheat and then designed a "punishment" for using it. Hardly logical.
Congrats on the excellent drop with TB!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1423
AllToonedUp on Feb 7, 2018 wrote:
I don't get why people believe in this (and the old "wait for the chests" myth). Anyone who knows a thing or two about programming would know that it's not true at all. Why would Kingsisle implement a system that makes battles easier and then punish them for using said system? It makes no sense from a design standpoint.

In fact I got the Staff of Power in the Tower of Moo Manchu WITH Treasure Bath activated.
Wait for chests myth? Is that why some people won't help open the group chests? Or are they trying to keep their pack and bank open for boss drops? There are good things in some of those group chests, especially the 4 lock ones.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1834
Calamity Finch on Feb 8, 2018 wrote:
Wait for chests myth? Is that why some people won't help open the group chests? Or are they trying to keep their pack and bank open for boss drops? There are good things in some of those group chests, especially the 4 lock ones.
I believe that there are pirates who don't want "junk" to deal with and so they won't open the group chests. It's pretty selfish, but they aren't thinking about others who may be wanting items for other characters, etc.


Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9551
Calamity Finch on Feb 8, 2018 wrote:
Wait for chests myth? Is that why some people won't help open the group chests? Or are they trying to keep their pack and bank open for boss drops? There are good things in some of those group chests, especially the 4 lock ones.
Since everyone receives the same thing whether they open a chest or not, refusing to open a chest makes no difference to backpack space.*
They think that the chests don't decide what's in them until all chests have appeared, yet another illogical myth.
* two lock GPC's only give their contents to the pirates that open them ( like in the balcony areas in Moo Tower ); except in cases where they appear after a battle.
The same goes for the four lock GPCs.

Petty Officer
Dec 26, 2012
54
Calamity Finch on Feb 8, 2018 wrote:
Wait for chests myth? Is that why some people won't help open the group chests? Or are they trying to keep their pack and bank open for boss drops? There are good things in some of those group chests, especially the 4 lock ones.
Back in the early days of the game, people thought that waiting for the chests right before they disappeared would increase the drop rate (surprise surprise, it didn't) and if you open them too quickly, it would "lower the drop rate".

Nowadays most people don't believe in that now and I think people usually have laggy computers which makes them too slow to open the chests. I've been a victim to this admittedly.