Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Training Point Help

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I'm playing a musketeer and prefer using a pistol in both hands as I prefer the graphics and look and feel of it. The thing is, I have training points and am afraid to use them as I don't understand that if I train sneak attack if it will work and give the bonus when I'm using pistols or if I have to have a pistol in one hand and a stabby weapon in the other. I also don't know if I were to train to get the priveteer spell of barrage if that damage is based upon strength or what it is based upon, and the same with the witchdoctor talents (do I need staffy weapons and they are based off of will?).

Developer
seasnake on Oct 16, 2012 wrote:
I'm playing a musketeer and prefer using a pistol in both hands as I prefer the graphics and look and feel of it. The thing is, I have training points and am afraid to use them as I don't understand that if I train sneak attack if it will work and give the bonus when I'm using pistols or if I have to have a pistol in one hand and a stabby weapon in the other. I also don't know if I were to train to get the priveteer spell of barrage if that damage is based upon strength or what it is based upon, and the same with the witchdoctor talents (do I need staffy weapons and they are based off of will?).
We'll be updating all of the powers as soon as possible to give you better indications of what kinds of weapons they require, if any. In the meantime, I'm happy to answer your questions:

1) Backstab will require some kind of melee weapon. The pistol/sword combo is very flexible, as you can use attack powers from Musketeer, Buccaneer, and Swashbuckler.

2) Powers that use weapons will use the weapon's base damage to determine how much damage they do. Powers that don't use weapons (for example, Barrage, and most witchdoctor powers) will scale up as you level-- and yes, having a higher Will gives a damage bonus. You don't need a Staff equipped to use (for example) Ghostwail-- in fact I bought this power on my last Musketeer character, simply because I liked the unlimited range.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
Ratbeard on Oct 16, 2012 wrote:
We'll be updating all of the powers as soon as possible to give you better indications of what kinds of weapons they require, if any. In the meantime, I'm happy to answer your questions:

1) Backstab will require some kind of melee weapon. The pistol/sword combo is very flexible, as you can use attack powers from Musketeer, Buccaneer, and Swashbuckler.

2) Powers that use weapons will use the weapon's base damage to determine how much damage they do. Powers that don't use weapons (for example, Barrage, and most witchdoctor powers) will scale up as you level-- and yes, having a higher Will gives a damage bonus. You don't need a Staff equipped to use (for example) Ghostwail-- in fact I bought this power on my last Musketeer character, simply because I liked the unlimited range.
So if it is a non-mass attack it requires the weapon of the trainer class, but otherwise you are fine in having everything work?