Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Too many companions?

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I was just wondering if I have too many companions? and if I should start farming gold to level them up? You see I am what you would call a "collector" I have already bought all companions in the 1,995 range, except El Tiburon (how do I get him?) and quite a few companions from the other price ranges, also Lemba Moonskull and Handsom Dan.
So, what I am really asking here is, should I take the time to level up my companions? like maybe once I have reach the level cap? Because I know I can get higher level companions in Marleybone and Aquila, but should I also focus on my lesser companions?

Ensign
Nov 14, 2010
I'm sure KingsIsle is very grateful for your contribution. If it were me, I would only level up a few that I really like and want to use a lot, like my favorite 3 or 4. Then after you've maxed your own level you could make it a project to work on the rest. But it's totally up to you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Noble Tyler Strong on Mar 24, 2014 wrote:
I was just wondering if I have too many companions? and if I should start farming gold to level them up? You see I am what you would call a "collector" I have already bought all companions in the 1,995 range, except El Tiburon (how do I get him?) and quite a few companions from the other price ranges, also Lemba Moonskull and Handsom Dan.
So, what I am really asking here is, should I take the time to level up my companions? like maybe once I have reach the level cap? Because I know I can get higher level companions in Marleybone and Aquila, but should I also focus on my lesser companions?
Since they can enter a fight at any time, unless they are asleep it is always advisable to promote them. Yea it takes time to earn all that gold but until they make tweaks to the system, it is what it is.

You get the ability to purchase El Tiburon by doing the fight with him inside the ship in the Scurvy Dog's Hideout in the Tradewinds Skyway. You may have already done that fight before they released him as a companion so you just need to do it one more time and he will be released in the crown shop for purchase.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
thats a good question bro. i would just lvl up my favorites then save up more training points to lvl up the rest

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Thanks for the replies! I can't really make decisions XD Now I have planned what I'm going to do.
Gold hasn't really been a problem with me, I seem to get too much when I don't need it :P oh and thanks for the tip about El Tiburon!