Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Percentage Chance of Getting Baar

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 01, 2015
On my buccaneer, I am currently thinking about trying to get the companion from the grizzly beast pack, Baar. I was wondering if anyone, preferably a moderator, could tell me the percentage chance of getting Baar.
Thanks,

Red Sam
SlashingSabre

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
SlashingSabre on Jun 20, 2015 wrote:
On my buccaneer, I am currently thinking about trying to get the companion from the grizzly beast pack, Baar. I was wondering if anyone, preferably a moderator, could tell me the percentage chance of getting Baar.
Thanks,

Red Sam
SlashingSabre
If you look at the description for the pack, it says,"Grants 7 RANDOM items". So there are not percentages

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on Jun 22, 2015 wrote:
If you look at the description for the pack, it says,"Grants 7 RANDOM items". So there are not percentages
If it was completely random there would still be a percentage. The equation would be something like
7/(# of items in the pack). This would result in a decimal. Multiply that by 100 and there is your chance in a percentage form of getting Baar, if it is run on a item by item random generation. I personally think it is run by a rarity level random generation, which would work something like this: There are a certain number of "cards" (cards is just an example to visualize it), each with one of the levels of rarity on it. For my example, there will be 100 cards, though there are probably a lot more options.. 1 has epic, 10 have ultra rare, 20 have rare, 30 have uncommon, and 39 have common. The system picks 7 of these, then generates a random item for each one chosen, and then gives it to you. This ensures that you have a low chance of getting an epic, and there is no way you can get 2 epics at a time. At least, that's the way I imagine it works. With this way, your chances of getting Baar would be (1/(total number of cards (100 in our case) * (6 - # of bear companions you already have)

TLDR:
These are the possibilities I could think of for getting one:
7/(# of items in the pack)
(Chance of getting an epic card)/(6 - # of bear companions you have)

To the OP:
The staff probably won't answer because it would probably be bad for business. Putting a number on your chances would
A. Lower peoples chances of buying the packs, because putting a number on your chances lowers people's willingness to try for it, because it seems like such a small chance.
B. Would increase the number of complaints they would get from people, because the people would buy a certain number of packs that, according to the chances, they think they would be very likely to get a companion, and would complain because they did not.

However, this is all speculation, and I may be completely wrong.