Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

test realm

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 03, 2013
why is the test realm of because when I got on it said its offline is kingsile putting more thing in there or do I
have to get the normal one back on cause I do not want to

Administrator
Hi! Our Test Realm is now offline, but it will make a return when we have another major expansion to the game or whenever we deem it necessary. You'll know the Test Realm is active when you log in and see a red flag under the My Account icon that says "Sneak Peek."

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Mar 29, 2012
One-Eyed Jack, I have a little question for you.
Can I use the test realm again next time?, or do I need too install it again? Thanks!

Greets,

Administrator
You may keep the Test Realm installed on your computer, and, when we release the Test Realm again, it will patch the new content similar to how the game does now. There's no need to uninstall the Test Realm if you plan to use it again.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Jun 07, 2012
one eyed jack!

ahoy there me heartie there is a very common question i want to ask ye
why the test realm is offline and when EXATLY will be open to us
hope soon hope very soon

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Ensign
Jun 07, 2012
ah yes now i know why the test is offline but i want to know when will be open to us

hope one eyed jack read this

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
superbuccaneer on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
ah yes now i know why the test is offline but i want to know when will be open to us

hope one eyed jack read this
Jack's answer of May 28th says: "It will make a return when we have another major expansion to the game or whenever we deem it necessary."
As 'whenever we deem it necessary' is rather vague, I would hang your hat on whenever they have another expansion and as to when that is, I will quote our much loved Blind Mew: "That would be telling."

Ensign
Jun 07, 2012
ah i just want to know the day when the test realm is online i am going to lose my membership

Petty Officer
Apr 11, 2013
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
BillyBobby781 on Jul 7, 2013 wrote:
it is a waste of time, imo
IMO it is never a waste of time. Our work done in the test realm does not advance us in the live game but the time is well spent. We help the developers find bugs and find situations that just do not work well and our suggestions help them to tweak the game into the masterpiece that it is today. The game developers take very seriously our input and suggestions when we test out the game for them. You have no idea how much different Marleybone and Aquila are just from the suggestions (OK some whinings ) of the hard working testers. It is a privilege to be a part of the team that helps to mold such wonderful works of art that the game designers present to us for our opinion. No, it does not advance us in the live game, but it is a sacrificial act of love that we can give back a little to all the hard working people at KingsIsle and they appreciate every moment we are in there freaking ourselves out so you don't have to.
Christina, a tester who wears that badge proudly.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
IMO it is never a waste of time. Our work done in the test realm does not advance us in the live game but the time is well spent. We help the developers find bugs and find situations that just do not work well and our suggestions help them to tweak the game into the masterpiece that it is today. The game developers take very seriously our input and suggestions when we test out the game for them. You have no idea how much different Marleybone and Aquila are just from the suggestions (OK some whinings ) of the hard working testers. It is a privilege to be a part of the team that helps to mold such wonderful works of art that the game designers present to us for our opinion. No, it does not advance us in the live game, but it is a sacrificial act of love that we can give back a little to all the hard working people at KingsIsle and they appreciate every moment we are in there freaking ourselves out so you don't have to.
Christina, a tester who wears that badge proudly.
Amen to that!

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Speaking as an Alpha Tester, you have no idea just how important testing the game is before it goes live. Many things changes, difficulty levels, bug fixes, matching voice overs, testing talents and powers.

The list goes on and on.

Even with the amount of people playing Test realm, bugs still make it to the live game and things still need to get fixed, but without Test, can you imagine how upset people would be if they got stuck and could not continue their quests for weeks?

Test realm is a very important and necessary part of the evolution of the game.