Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Taking Pictures

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
So I have tried to take pictures, but my laptop's Print screen button is set up differently. The button it is on is the End button and PRTSC is below it on the same button but in a darker font. I have clicked on it with the control button to see if that worked, but I can't find the file so it might be working. :\ any suggestions?

Administrator
Hi! Laptop users might find it a bit easier to use the F12 key to take screenshots.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Witty Gavin on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
So I have tried to take pictures, but my laptop's Print screen button is set up differently. The button it is on is the End button and PRTSC is below it on the same button but in a darker font. I have clicked on it with the control button to see if that worked, but I can't find the file so it might be working. :\ any suggestions?
Hi Gavin, I have the same issue with my new laptop. My F12 button puts my internet connection into Airplane Mode which is basically an Off Button for Wifi. To get that End button to give you a Print Screen you have to first hold down the 'FN' button (Which I believe means Function) then push the End button. It is VERY tricky for me to pull off as it is basically a two handed operation just to get a screen print. This is hard because you have to be holding down the mouse button to get a different camera angle than the back of your pirate's head. When printing was a one finger operation it was no problem to use my remote mouse to get the angle then print but now I must stop using the remote mouse and use my left hand on the keypad to get my angle, hold that button down with my thumb, while with the same hand, use my left index finger to move the camera around, THEN use that same hand's pinky finger to hold down the FN button as my right left hand reaches over for the End button which is above my number 8 in the keypad section. No matter how much I stretched my left hand it is impossible to do this with one hand. It took me a couple of days to figure out how to continue to get screen shots from my beloved game. If this sounds too confusing I can get someone here to take a picture of my hand placement to pull this off.

Now as to where your screen prints are being stored. If you have Windows 8 you need to open your File Explorer. I put a shortcut for this in my task bar because I use it so much so do a search for "File Explorer" and then, at least in mine, under the "Home" menu and then "Easy Access" look for the little push pin icon to 'Pin the shortcut to your Task Bar' which is that strip at the bottom where your clock is. Once you have access to your files Find your 'Documents' or 'My Documents' There will be a folder in there labeled "Pirate 101" if you have taken any screen prints from the game. Just click on that folder and your shots will be right there.
So practice that left hand dexterity move to hold down the 'FN' button, then your 'END' button will function as a Print Screen button for you. I am sorry if this sounds confusing, It took me a while to figure it out myself. I would love to have just 5 minutes with the designer of this particular laptop design and make THEM do some screen shots for a while and see what they have done to us, lol.
Please do not hesitate to ask if any of this jumble is unclear.

Administrator
Thanks for the additional information, Chrissy!

As a side note, most laptops do offer a way to return regular functionality to your F1 through F12 keys, but it would probably take a bit of Google research with your laptop brand name and the key words, enable standard F1 - F12 mode, e.g., Lenovo enable standard F1 - F12 mode.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for the additional information, Chrissy!

As a side note, most laptops do offer a way to return regular functionality to your F1 through F12 keys, but it would probably take a bit of Google research with your laptop brand name and the key words, enable standard F1 - F12 mode, e.g., Lenovo enable standard F1 - F12 mode.
Thank you Jack, yea I tried that once when I discovered how hard feeding my shutterbug habits were going to be in this new laptop but I may have just not used the right keywords. Now that I am assured that those key reassignments are truly not urban legend I may contact cust support for my laptop and see what can be done. Although by now my left hand can qualify for the contortionist's hall of fame.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Thanks so much Chrissy (and Jack too)! I can see why it's hard with a laptop. My first picture will probably be at your party tonight. See ya there!
P.S. I like the picture of Fair Christina you made in the fan art.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Witty Gavin on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
Thanks so much Chrissy (and Jack too)! I can see why it's hard with a laptop. My first picture will probably be at your party tonight. See ya there!
P.S. I like the picture of Fair Christina you made in the fan art.
Oh my, while yes that is me in the fan art I am by no means the artist. I was just the model. That particular masterpiece was done by Angel Xiriga or as he is known on here as Xiriganism. I am sure he will be very pleased that he has another fan of his beautiful work.