Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Take a guess!

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
So I decided to make up my own sort of Blind Mew's Musings, a combination of said musings and speculations on the spiral. So ask any questions you may have and not only I will answer them, but community leaders, or at least who should be community leaders, like anecorbie, MistyDragon, etc. Or just answer each other, but make sure your answers are either facts or theories and idea backed by some convincing evidence.

I'll start us off with:

What's up next? We've seen some pretty crazy things in the spiral, but what else is out there?

Maybe if this gets popular enough Mew or Ratbeard will help us out themselves... try to ask a question once ever other day or something, or just something that's really bothering you if you want the community to answer you.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Well, first of all, I think we will discover, eventually, that Blind Mew is not as blind as he claims he is. After all, he shows up not only on Skull Island, but on Skrimshaw and Port Regal. If he is so blind, how is he getting from one place to another, and why?

And who is this Toymaker? We first get the inkling about him in Valencia, then again in Marleybone when we overhear Bishop's report naming him as the creator of the mechanical birds. And here we thought it was the clockworks making them. He seems to have them in many places, too. I think I see one on the arch that welcomes you to Cooper's Roost, for example.

What if the Toymaker was the inventor of Kane, and regrets having made him, and is seeking ways to undo what he did?

And....best of all....what if the Toymaker....is Blind Mew?

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Max DeGroot on Aug 3, 2014 wrote:
Well, first of all, I think we will discover, eventually, that Blind Mew is not as blind as he claims he is. After all, he shows up not only on Skull Island, but on Skrimshaw and Port Regal. If he is so blind, how is he getting from one place to another, and why?

And who is this Toymaker? We first get the inkling about him in Valencia, then again in Marleybone when we overhear Bishop's report naming him as the creator of the mechanical birds. And here we thought it was the clockworks making them. He seems to have them in many places, too. I think I see one on the arch that welcomes you to Cooper's Roost, for example.

What if the Toymaker was the inventor of Kane, and regrets having made him, and is seeking ways to undo what he did?

Mind Blown! ...but no. Sorry, but if somebody like that who you find in multiple places turned out to be the toymaker? What if you had to fight the toymaker, or he got abducted by the armada? You could still find him on those island where he gives you sidequests.

I feel like it's much more likely Blind Mew is working for the Special Corps or whatever it's called for Marleybone, also seeing as he is indeed a cat.

Thanks for giving us your idea!

Petty Officer
Apr 21, 2012

That would be telling.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Hello, Max! Let me see if I can answer some of your questions ( no, I will not resort to "that would telling.." )

1. Blind Mew. I see Blind Mew as apart of Capt. Avery's spy ring. He travels about, possibly as a stowaway, or if he has the funds, paying for passage.

2. I have always believed the Toymaker to be the original creator of the clockworks. Remember, Avery said that " some genius" created them. Well, such ingenius clockworks as the birds and the fact that there is a coded message ( using Aquilan Liniar B, no less ) Demonstrates that the Toymaker/Galileo is that genius. After he made Kane, perhaps Kane believed he didn't need his creator anymore and Toymaker/Galileo is now in hiding from the Armada because he knows too many secrets - like Kane's weak points!

3. If you remember the puppet show the hands of the Toymaker are diffinately human, sorry no cat here.