Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Sorry but I have to ask this again.

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 06, 2012
What bundle should I get? I have a birthday next month. I originally asked this but then I decided on admiral's bundle. But during the bundle sale. I had saved 3 weeks allowence so I got that for 15 dollars. But now I can't decide on which one to ask for. So, which one?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Personally, I'd go with the Hoodoo Bundle. I love the ship, and Hoodoo Cornelius can be a great companion.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
I myself would either go for the Hoodoo Bundle or the Empire Bundle. I would choose the Hoodoo Bundle for the same reasons as Willowydream stated above. And also - a Witchdoctor's Lab! Great deal if you're a Witchdoctor, for sure.

Gear Tiers from the Hoodoo Bundle here.

Now the ship from the Empire Bundle has the same standard stats as the one from the Hoodoo Bundle, however, the Empire Bundle comes with an actual (Aquila) house, rather than a housing add-on. And then, there's Nausica - who is also a great companion.

Gear Tires from the Empire Bundle here.

Hope this helps.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
darkmoordude on Feb 21, 2016 wrote:
What bundle should I get? I have a birthday next month. I originally asked this but then I decided on admiral's bundle. But during the bundle sale. I had saved 3 weeks allowence so I got that for 15 dollars. But now I can't decide on which one to ask for. So, which one?
What is/are your pirate(s) again? What you are might affect what you get, in terms of the equipment.

Have you checked out Pirate101 Central to see what the different gear does? Would that help you decide, or make it worse?

What is your play style? Do you hang back and use your crew as meat shields or do you leap joyously into the fray yourself? If you're a run-up and thumper, then maybe Nausica would be more useful for you, since she can stand back and shoot (or run up and shoot, she's not fussed). Hoodoo Cornelius is wonderful if you can get a damage reduction spell on him before he does his go bananas thing. Otherwise he has an unfortunate tendency to drop himself so low that he is easy for the enemy to put out unless he drops them first.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
What companion do you want?

Nausica, Hoodoo Cornelius, shark pirate

What ship?

Aquilan, Ghostly or pirate ship

Ask yourself questions like these and tally the answers, see which bundle is good for you, Altough I personally would reccomend the hoodoo bundle if your a privateer you can get flanking 3 if you wear the boots from the empire bundle

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Feb 23, 2016 wrote:
What is/are your pirate(s) again? What you are might affect what you get, in terms of the equipment.

Have you checked out Pirate101 Central to see what the different gear does? Would that help you decide, or make it worse?

What is your play style? Do you hang back and use your crew as meat shields or do you leap joyously into the fray yourself? If you're a run-up and thumper, then maybe Nausica would be more useful for you, since she can stand back and shoot (or run up and shoot, she's not fussed). Hoodoo Cornelius is wonderful if you can get a damage reduction spell on him before he does his go bananas thing. Otherwise he has an unfortunate tendency to drop himself so low that he is easy for the enemy to put out unless he drops them first.
I am a max level privateer. My second highest is a level 29 musketeer

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Who are you thinking will get the companion or the gear -- the max level twiddling his/her thumbs waiting for the update or the youngster slogging through what, Cool Ranch by now, right? Or one of your other, even lower level pirates?

Privateer and Hoodoo Cornelius is a great combo, but you'll not get to see him do his thing much for a while unless you do a lot of farming or PvP.

Is your privateer a run-up-and-hit or a stand-back-and-bomb sort?

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Feb 24, 2016 wrote:
Who are you thinking will get the companion or the gear -- the max level twiddling his/her thumbs waiting for the update or the youngster slogging through what, Cool Ranch by now, right? Or one of your other, even lower level pirates?

Privateer and Hoodoo Cornelius is a great combo, but you'll not get to see him do his thing much for a while unless you do a lot of farming or PvP.

Is your privateer a run-up-and-hit or a stand-back-and-bomb sort?
Sometimes things just.. Happen in pirate101 combat. I can't explain my privateer. But my privateer will be getting the stuff because my musketeer has enough store bought companions.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
darkmoordude on Feb 24, 2016 wrote:
Sometimes things just.. Happen in pirate101 combat. I can't explain my privateer. But my privateer will be getting the stuff because my musketeer has enough store bought companions.
If you do farming I would reccomend hoodoo Cornelius

Admiral
May 30, 2010
darkmoordude on Feb 24, 2016 wrote:
Hoodoo bundle then. Both the conqueroo's gear and the monkey are going to be good for your privateer, particularly if you're using staffy weapons and can take advantage of the readied spell the outfit gives. Hat gives you great juju and boots grant you shadow step. You can port into or out of the thick of things, and the will boosts from each piece of gear will strengthen your artillery spells.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Okay, Hoodoo bundle it is. Just don't say something like " Happy Birthday " Or " Enjoy your stuff " Because it comes in late march and I will get over-excited and plus I might not get it