Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

So how will this work out?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 28, 2012
This might involve a bit of math and knowledge of companion obtaining to help. Ok, so, the quest you get Gracie Conrad is called the Guns of Marleybone, right? Ok, so I'm doing the prequest, 'Tis to Glory We Steer, as a level 59. However, I brought up exp bar to around 5100 exp, so when I hand in the quest, I'll level up to a level 60 pirate. What level will Gracie Conrad be when I get her? If I didn't level up when I hand in 'Tis to Glory We Steer, would Gracie be a lower level?

Community Leader
Brigadier C on Jun 8, 2013 wrote:
This might involve a bit of math and knowledge of companion obtaining to help. Ok, so, the quest you get Gracie Conrad is called the Guns of Marleybone, right? Ok, so I'm doing the prequest, 'Tis to Glory We Steer, as a level 59. However, I brought up exp bar to around 5100 exp, so when I hand in the quest, I'll level up to a level 60 pirate. What level will Gracie Conrad be when I get her? If I didn't level up when I hand in 'Tis to Glory We Steer, would Gracie be a lower level?
When I turned in the quest to get the Monkey King on my buccaneer, I turned lvl 50 with the quest turn in and he was level 51. When I turned in the quest with my Witchdoctor, I made sure to level up to 50 first . . . and he was level 51. This is to the best of my recollection, but I think they take into account if you hit a new level with the quest turn in.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Administrator
The answer is . . . it depends. Usually Quest Experience will come first, but results can vary from quest to quest and companions can be granted at varying points in the quest.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*