Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Smugglers Arena Team Up

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 21, 2015
Long ago I purchased Smugglers Arena with intent to farm however since the dungeon is rather unforgiving and scrip holds a lower value to most of the community I’ve run into I have only been able to find a few willing to play through it with me. I play a level 70 Buccaneer I’ve heard of people’s soloing but in my class I can’t imagine a way. I understand it’s a gauntlet it’s designed for a team hence the birth of Team Up for situations in which you have no team. So, I play Wizard101 and I’m aware with most of the newer gauntlets Team Up isn’t accessible however in an older update I noticed Pagoda and Winterbane have become accessible at sigil (I’m not sure if this applies to kiosk) even for I, whom has never purchased the bundles. To say that a gauntlet is not accessible, to those whom haven’t purchased it, via Team Up is similar to suggesting that each of the 3 people that I bring along side me in my very own purchased dungeon must ALSO purchase the dungeon before entering. And if having a team to complete implies that I find a players through out the community (not requiring they’ve purchased the gauntlet) is literally no different than Teaming Up only, with out a system.

Please KI Support I only want my money’s worth

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lixm on Oct 22, 2018 wrote:
Long ago I purchased Smugglers Arena with intent to farm however since the dungeon is rather unforgiving and scrip holds a lower value to most of the community I’ve run into I have only been able to find a few willing to play through it with me. I play a level 70 Buccaneer I’ve heard of people’s soloing but in my class I can’t imagine a way. I understand it’s a gauntlet it’s designed for a team hence the birth of Team Up for situations in which you have no team. So, I play Wizard101 and I’m aware with most of the newer gauntlets Team Up isn’t accessible however in an older update I noticed Pagoda and Winterbane have become accessible at sigil (I’m not sure if this applies to kiosk) even for I, whom has never purchased the bundles. To say that a gauntlet is not accessible, to those whom haven’t purchased it, via Team Up is similar to suggesting that each of the 3 people that I bring along side me in my very own purchased dungeon must ALSO purchase the dungeon before entering. And if having a team to complete implies that I find a players through out the community (not requiring they’ve purchased the gauntlet) is literally no different than Teaming Up only, with out a system.

Maybe you should suggest a Smuggler's Arena party here on the boards. I did this last year. I stayed on-line for 36 hours , making my Arena available to those who didn't have one and wanted to try it.
Anyone can access the gauntlet if they join you on the sigil, that's a team-up. But having a team-up roster for all the Arenas already in game or have it show up on the Ledger seems a rather monseruous undertaking for KI and where is the benefit to them to do this?

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Lixm on Oct 22, 2018 wrote:

I have the same problem with my own Smuggler's arena. When I do it, I end up doing it myself. Something like Castle Tours should be implemented, and as a result, players could join Smuggler's arena with the owner.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Housing Tours, and allowing non-friends to use the item, would be a win-win.

Ensign
Nov 21, 2015
anecorbie on Oct 22, 2018 wrote:
Maybe you should suggest a Smuggler's Arena party here on the boards. I did this last year. I stayed on-line for 36 hours , making my Arena available to those who didn't have one and wanted to try it.
Anyone can access the gauntlet if they join you on the sigil, that's a team-up. But having a team-up roster for all the Arenas already in game or have it show up on the Ledger seems a rather monseruous undertaking for KI and where is the benefit to them to do this?
The benefit to KI would be in the gauntlet itself benefitting owners possibly encouraging more people to purchse it. It’s relatively cheap and rewarding IF you have a team... I’m also not suggesting the Team Up be offered on the ledger but on the sigil a private team up only available to those who own or are near the gauntlet. I’d love to host a party for those interested but do you see how a Team Up would be essentially the same only much more time and effort conservative.

Ensign
Nov 21, 2015
Lookit Light on Oct 23, 2018 wrote:
I have the same problem with my own Smuggler's arena. When I do it, I end up doing it myself. Something like Castle Tours should be implemented, and as a result, players could join Smuggler's arena with the owner.
If they were to add something like Castle Tours I wouldn’t suggest Team Up be accessible to vistitors (unless of course the owner were present) because this I understand, defeats the gauntlets value

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Lixm on Oct 24, 2018 wrote:
If they were to add something like Castle Tours I wouldn’t suggest Team Up be accessible to vistitors (unless of course the owner were present) because this I understand, defeats the gauntlets value
I wasn't suggesting Team Up. Though maybe there could be a private Team Up channel for owners of the dungeon?

Ensign
Nov 21, 2015
Lookit Light on Oct 24, 2018 wrote:
I wasn't suggesting Team Up. Though maybe there could be a private Team Up channel for owners of the dungeon?
That’s really what I’m asking for I know the mechanics have been used before I’d love to see them implement it into Smugglers Arena. I think as long as you have access to the sigil you should be allowed team up whether it be your own or through a friend.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lixm on Oct 23, 2018 wrote:
The benefit to KI would be in the gauntlet itself benefitting owners possibly encouraging more people to purchse it. It’s relatively cheap and rewarding IF you have a team... I’m also not suggesting the Team Up be offered on the ledger but on the sigil a private team up only available to those who own or are near the gauntlet. I’d love to host a party for those interested but do you see how a Team Up would be essentially the same only much more time and effort conservative.
I don't see how a private team-up would work; you're taking for granted that those who have an Arena would enjoy waiting on the off chance that another pirate is going to join on their own Arena sigil. Also, this gauntlet doesn't make you wait for a full team - you can enter solo or with any number less than 4. If you wanted a full team, that's even more tricky to arrange. It would not benefit KI to take the time and trouble to code in such a team-up on the chance that more players would buy this gauntlet. IMO, much of the trouble of getting a team together is the reputation this gauntlet has for being long and difficult, even the scrip rewards aren't considered worth it. ( Although I disagree with this reasoning. )

Ensign
Nov 21, 2015
anecorbie on Oct 25, 2018 wrote:
I don't see how a private team-up would work; you're taking for granted that those who have an Arena would enjoy waiting on the off chance that another pirate is going to join on their own Arena sigil. Also, this gauntlet doesn't make you wait for a full team - you can enter solo or with any number less than 4. If you wanted a full team, that's even more tricky to arrange. It would not benefit KI to take the time and trouble to code in such a team-up on the chance that more players would buy this gauntlet. IMO, much of the trouble of getting a team together is the reputation this gauntlet has for being long and difficult, even the scrip rewards aren't considered worth it. ( Although I disagree with this reasoning. )
You obviously wouldn’t submit for a team up if you intended to enter with less than a full team. KI benefits from player satisfaction it’s not all sales nobody plays the game to make them money, we make them money because we like to play. As far as coding goes it’s not like they’d have to create anything the mechanics are already being used in dungeons across the spiral take for example quest accessible dungeons it’s simply a matter of implemting. I would rather take the odds of players waiting in queue than the odds of running into players interested because like you said it’s reputation and reward hold the majority back. All the more reason to add Team Up

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lixm on Oct 25, 2018 wrote:
You obviously wouldn’t submit for a team up if you intended to enter with less than a full team. KI benefits from player satisfaction it’s not all sales nobody plays the game to make them money, we make them money because we like to play. As far as coding goes it’s not like they’d have to create anything the mechanics are already being used in dungeons across the spiral take for example quest accessible dungeons it’s simply a matter of implemting. I would rather take the odds of players waiting in queue than the odds of running into players interested because like you said it’s reputation and reward hold the majority back. All the more reason to add Team Up
One of the very few things I hate about team-up - those who back out at the last second. Whether because there's not a full team or that they enjoy being a troll, the result is the same, wasted time waiting.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lixm on Oct 25, 2018 wrote:
I forgot to add this: this gauntlet accepts any level and adjusts to the highest level pirate entering the gauntlet. How do you propose stopping low levels from entering a higher level gauntlet?