Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Sky Snakes! Ahh!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 04, 2012
I have a quest to defeat sky snakes but I can't seem to beat them! Is there a strategy to beat them or something? I'm level 24 and they beat me and my companions In like 3 hits. The quest is for the sky snakes in santo pollo so aren't they supposed to be idk, nicer? lol

Amy burton

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I know exactly what you mean. They are way too powerful when you first get the quest. I was even a good 5 levels higher than the average wizard in Cool Ranch.

There is no other option than to just wait until you can do that quest. Do the other quests first. Once you have all the other quests done, go back and try another shot at the Sky Snakes.

If you start the Rooster Cogburn's side quest, you can do a whole bunch of side quest fights, ending up with the Duck with no Name. You get a new companion as a reward for completing the chain. Not to mention once you open up the Duck with no Name fight, he'll be a prime target for some decent gold farming and equipment farming. That will also help you gain maybe 1 or 2 extra levels, before you attempt to fight them sky snakes again.

Ensign
Dec 10, 2008
Hi Amy,

The sky snakes seem to be harder than anything you're sent out to fight at that level, yes.

One of the biggest ways you can help yourself through them is to move your Musketeer and Witchdoctor companions to the top of your companion list. The sky snakes have lots of first strikes and etc. that don't hit on ranged attacks, so with fewer melee companions you'll be taking a lot less hits.

Just remember to rearrange your companions again after you're finished with them.

Sincerely,
Silent Scarlet

Ensign
Nov 04, 2012
Thank you guys so much!

@tailoredw I never really understood the order of the companions until now! hehe. Thank you so much I got past those snakes!

@Shiningfantasia Wow! Thanks for all that info! I've been doing that chickens quests for about a week now and I was just about to stop; but now that I know I get a companion, ''m not stopping haha!

Also, Now I'm stuck on these bee balloon bull things! Same thing with the snakes, they kill me and all my companions quickly but I'm gonna keep trying and use that info you guys gave me :D

Captain
May 13, 2011
try putting your range companions first. flying snake was a real problem to me (being a buccaneer, he usually hit me twice before i got a chance to strike). range companions wont trigger their first strike or vengeance strike even when up close