Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Skeletal warriors in Mooshu

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jan 13, 2009
While fighting Skeletal Warriors in the Valley of the Titans in Mooshu with my lvl 44 swashbuckler, it seems like they have unlimited first strikes. 1 mob used 6 first strikes against three different chars attacking him in one turn. Doesn't that seem rather excessive for this level?

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
Uh, the max amount of first strikes able to be achieved in one round is 3, by any character.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
As I understand First Strike, the character (either you, your Companion, or the enemy) with First Strike will attack anyone who attacks him with a Melee attack first. Now, if the character with First Strike has First Strike 3 (which I think is the highest at the moment), that character can attack anyone who attacks him with a Melee attack 3 or 4 times (I've seen Bonnie Anne with Burst Fire 3 shoot an enemy 4 times if she didn't miss). First Strike is also Talent and not a Power which means that it can activate each turn if the conditions are right. So, the characters with First Strike don't have unlimited First Strikes, they just keep resetting each turn. I guess the best way to take these enemies out is to attack them with Long Range weapons (either Magic or Gun type weapons) so First Strike is not triggered. Another way to take them out, is to attack them with enough characters to defeat them in one turn. That way, First Strike will only be triggered once for that particular character.

Petty Officer
Jan 13, 2009
The Helpful Pirate on Nov 3, 2014 wrote:
As I understand First Strike, the character (either you, your Companion, or the enemy) with First Strike will attack anyone who attacks him with a Melee attack first. Now, if the character with First Strike has First Strike 3 (which I think is the highest at the moment), that character can attack anyone who attacks him with a Melee attack 3 or 4 times (I've seen Bonnie Anne with Burst Fire 3 shoot an enemy 4 times if she didn't miss). First Strike is also Talent and not a Power which means that it can activate each turn if the conditions are right. So, the characters with First Strike don't have unlimited First Strikes, they just keep resetting each turn. I guess the best way to take these enemies out is to attack them with Long Range weapons (either Magic or Gun type weapons) so First Strike is not triggered. Another way to take them out, is to attack them with enough characters to defeat them in one turn. That way, First Strike will only be triggered once for that particular character.
Maybe you didn't read all the way through the OP, I did target one skeletal warrior with 3 different chars and it used first strike twice on each one in one turn. That doesn't seem right. My chars can use first strike against multiple mobs if they have it trained but they stop after using up their allotment per turn. These warriors don't seem to have a set number of them per turn.