Skarakeet pet attacks not improving

Community Leader
Like other pets, my Skarakeet's level always matches whatever pirate he's equipped on. It looks like his stats are going up as I level, and his health has definitely gone up over time, but now (at level 20) his attacks are still doing the tiny damage he's done since day one. Eyeball estimates - what I've seen & remember without writing everything down - he's doing about 45 damage on a good critical, more like 20 to 25 on an average hit.

Ratbeard & Blind Mew, could you guys please check the fight logs where Skarakeet pets are involved and see if it's just my imagination or if their attacks are actually under-powered for their level? I love having a flying pet for ship-to-ship battles as he can just fly around the boarding planks, but he really needs to step up his game or he'll get left behind.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
May 10, 2010
Pets are not companions, their attacks wont be that powerful. They are helpful and do some damage and even the Skarakeets get a second chance to hit if they miss, but they are no substitute for a great companion!