Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Shooty/staffy weapons

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 27, 2014
My Witchdoctor is using shooty/staffy weapons, and the info only said Will boosts weapon damage, but I was wondering if Agility would also increase the weapon's damage in addition to the Shooty weapons talents.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
I believe it would but I could be wrong. Muskets do bonus off agility. I do think it would work.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
It depends on the weapon. The information about the weapon will tell what ability (Strength, Will, or Agility) will give a bonus (the higher your statistic, the better). As I understand it, no other ability will affect the weapon damage. For example, a Shooty/Staffy weapon that depends on Will would not be affected by your Agility statistic. One way to tell is to equip the weapon and then mouse over the Weapon Damage when you are in the Character Screen (press 'c'). That should show you what is affecting the Damage that you will do when you use this weapon.

One other thing to consider when choosing a weapon is any other information about the weapon. Does is add to Armor, have Armor piercing capabilities, does it affect other statistics, etc.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
Ryanbold2 on Feb 17, 2015 wrote:
I believe it would but I could be wrong. Muskets do bonus off agility. I do think it would work.
You do not get a boost from both agility and will, however if you train in the musketeer and get "Shooty Weapons" That will increase the damage. But as a witchdoctor you will not be using your actual weapon a lot.