Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ships going translucent and being unable to be hit

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 23, 2014
So I was just doing some ships in Cool Ranch and I got like 4 of them low on health and before I could sink them they just go translucent. It gets me so mad because I do not wanna even board ships because that doubles the time it would take to just sink them. Note: I was pretty low before I was gonna sink the ships.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Yea I know what you mean it's SUPER annoying when they do that I mean you spend all that time battling them and then they become translucent and just run away. I don't know why the heck they do this but I wish they wouldn't.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
BO0OMZ on Jul 7, 2016 wrote:
So I was just doing some ships in Cool Ranch and I got like 4 of them low on health and before I could sink them they just go translucent. It gets me so mad because I do not wanna even board ships because that doubles the time it would take to just sink them. Note: I was pretty low before I was gonna sink the ships.
You went beyond their tether; this is the reason for them going translucent and healing. BTW boarding battle isn't double the time of sinking a ship. If you or they board, they will be at low health and you could probably defeat them in one or two rounds - that's less the amount of time of a sinking battle.
Especially if you keep backing away and incur that tether, then you have to do it all over again - and that's a massive waste of time.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
BO0OMZ on Jul 7, 2016 wrote:
Welcome to the message boards Boomz.
They generally only go translucent when either you get too close to a windlane or they travel too far out of their territory. They will only chase you so far and then they give up. Try luring then in a tighter circle.

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 8, 2016 wrote:
You went beyond their tether; this is the reason for them going translucent and healing. BTW boarding battle isn't double the time of sinking a ship. If you or they board, they will be at low health and you could probably defeat them in one or two rounds - that's less the amount of time of a sinking battle.
Especially if you keep backing away and incur that tether, then you have to do it all over again - and that's a massive waste of time.
I never feel the need to board.

I'd rather just sink it; Plus I get mad when I get boarded.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
People think there is no skill to ship sinking, but there really is. You must judge how far you can safely back away, keep out of the windlane, not draw extra enemies, etc. There are many guides on how to do this efficiently.

You know you can use a mojo potion to heal your ship, right? So you don't have to back away much at all...