Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ship Combat

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 18, 2010
I am fighting Darkmoor ships in Cooper's Roost Skyway at the moment...and I have noticed that just as I am about to defeat them, there is a yellow (or gray if I am out of range) circle with a bar in the middle of it that won't allow me to fire at them...this is quite annoying especially when collecting or defeating large numbers (I have to defeat 10 of them for the current quest)....not every battle but most.
What does this mean and what can I do to avoid it or fight through it or eliminate it?
Thanks!

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
That means you entered the skylane, or you wandered off too far from their patrol area.

If you do need to kite, kite in a small circle, out of the enemy ship's reach, making sure you don't hit the skylane.

Ensign
Jan 31, 2011
does anybody know what the little coins do, after you defeat a ship and you hit tab so you can walk around your ship? if you walk up to them and hit "x" a count down begins then they disapear? lol fool me, but i do it everytime. just not sure what they actualy do? help

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Frostychris on Nov 17, 2012 wrote:
does anybody know what the little coins do, after you defeat a ship and you hit tab so you can walk around your ship? if you walk up to them and hit "x" a count down begins then they disapear? lol fool me, but i do it everytime. just not sure what they actualy do? help
Those are damage tokens, so if you get boarded, traps will be on your ship (ie: spikes, fire, etc). If you take them away, then it cleans up your deck, which is a good thing!