Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Screen adjustments?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 24, 2012
Hey there,

Since a couple of days, I've experienced the strangest thing in the game. It's like my character, along with all companions, and all related windows and stats, have been squished between two walls moving toward each other. In other words, my character and everything related to him looks like he lost a few pounds, though the difference is only minor. I'm sure it's not just my imagination!

The weird part is that all things which would suggest a change in either my screen resolution or game resolution (neither of which I have altered) like the Health Bar and my ship's Health Bar are still perfectly round. Could it have something to do with the fact that I recently updated my PC to Windows 10? I honestly don't have any idea why this would matter, but then again I'm no computer expert. If anybody knows what could be causing this or even if you've experienced something similar, please reply. While this doesn't break the game (it doesn't at all), because I've played the game before this weird... thing... happened, it's just very distracting.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Paprika2215 on Oct 12, 2015 wrote:
Hey there,

Since a couple of days, I've experienced the strangest thing in the game. It's like my character, along with all companions, and all related windows and stats, have been squished between two walls moving toward each other. In other words, my character and everything related to him looks like he lost a few pounds, though the difference is only minor. I'm sure it's not just my imagination!

The weird part is that all things which would suggest a change in either my screen resolution or game resolution (neither of which I have altered) like the Health Bar and my ship's Health Bar are still perfectly round. Could it have something to do with the fact that I recently updated my PC to Windows 10? I honestly don't have any idea why this would matter, but then again I'm no computer expert. If anybody knows what could be causing this or even if you've experienced something similar, please reply. While this doesn't break the game (it doesn't at all), because I've played the game before this weird... thing... happened, it's just very distracting.

Thanks a lot in advance!
It could be. There may be a slight incompatibility with your video driver and Windows 10. Try going to your video driver site and see if they have a new one for Windows 10.

Ensign
Feb 24, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 12, 2015 wrote:
It could be. There may be a slight incompatibility with your video driver and Windows 10. Try going to your video driver site and see if they have a new one for Windows 10.
Thanks, Chrissy! That's a good place to start. But how do I find out what video driver my PC has? I play Pirate101 on my laptop, which has some stickers next to the mouse pad.

From top to bottom, here's what they say:
1. HDMI (High-Definition Multi-media Interface)
2. Sound Blaster Cinema
3. NVidia GeForce GTX
4. Intel (Inside: Core 17)

I hope this at least tells me what I need to know. Someone I know is very good with computers, and I asked him for his help with this matter. At least this way I've done my homework in advance and be of some use to him. Usually he does the hard work and I just sit in my chair, in awe of what he's doing, haha!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Paprika2215 on Oct 13, 2015 wrote:
Thanks, Chrissy! That's a good place to start. But how do I find out what video driver my PC has? I play Pirate101 on my laptop, which has some stickers next to the mouse pad.

From top to bottom, here's what they say:
1. HDMI (High-Definition Multi-media Interface)
2. Sound Blaster Cinema
3. NVidia GeForce GTX
4. Intel (Inside: Core 17)

I hope this at least tells me what I need to know. Someone I know is very good with computers, and I asked him for his help with this matter. At least this way I've done my homework in advance and be of some use to him. Usually he does the hard work and I just sit in my chair, in awe of what he's doing, haha!
If you hold down the Windows button, (It's just to the left of the "alt" button on my laptop) It has the Window's logo on it that looks like 4 squares. Hold that down and then push the key "R" In the little box that pops up, type in this: dxdiag . The second tab "Display" will have all your video driver information. You can save this as a file too in case you need it to send to any customer support person.
I really hope this helps.