Repel Boarders and Stealth

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
225
Why is it that repel boarders activates when a unit is stealthed. I'm not meaning the enemies repel boarders but the unit that is stealthed. It just feels like the bonus from stealth is being wasted.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
112
KiwiChickenz on Jun 2, 2013 wrote:
Why is it that repel boarders activates when a unit is stealthed. I'm not meaning the enemies repel boarders but the unit that is stealthed. It just feels like the bonus from stealth is being wasted.
Bump -

Also when a unit walks over fire, a trap etc they should not be impacted because in theory they are "invisible"

First Mate
Oct 27, 2009
458
masterryan1969 on Jun 3, 2013 wrote:
Bump -

Also when a unit walks over fire, a trap etc they should not be impacted because in theory they are "invisible"
I think the idea of that is the fire, or trap, doesn't care if you are visible or not. If you step on it, or with the fire, walk too near it, you get damaged. There you are sneaking along, don't see the trap, trigger it, and say ouch, giving yourself away.
With repel boarders, it seems fair to me that enemies shouldn't repel you when they can't see you. It also seems fair that if your side is sneaking and decides to repel a boarder, both the sneak goes away and the stealth bonus is applied to the attack. It might not be what you want as a tactic at that moment, when you have something different in mind, but fair. I'd avoid the movement triggered auto attacks if staying steathed is a huge part of your strategy. Something like cheap shot can also blow your stealthy cover.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
225
Calamity Finch on Jun 3, 2013 wrote:
I think the idea of that is the fire, or trap, doesn't care if you are visible or not. If you step on it, or with the fire, walk too near it, you get damaged. There you are sneaking along, don't see the trap, trigger it, and say ouch, giving yourself away.
With repel boarders, it seems fair to me that enemies shouldn't repel you when they can't see you. It also seems fair that if your side is sneaking and decides to repel a boarder, both the sneak goes away and the stealth bonus is applied to the attack. It might not be what you want as a tactic at that moment, when you have something different in mind, but fair. I'd avoid the movement triggered auto attacks if staying steathed is a huge part of your strategy. Something like cheap shot can also blow your stealthy cover.
Wouldn't it also be fair if going into stealth disabled your epics? You then miss out on any bonus attacks but gain extra damage when and where you want it.
As it is, you lose a potential attack and movement because you are casting the stealth spell. Then the bonus damage you get is used up on a target that may be the wrong class using an attack that has a chance to miss. You can't really avoid it because it is based on the enemies movement, which you have no control over.

I don't think the current system is fair.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
225
It would just be nice to have some more strategy to use with stealth. I feel it needs to be changed if it wants to be in any way useful when ranked PvP comes around.